front end too low with Ground Control, need opinions please - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, front end too low with Ground Control, need opinions please in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Yes, you're over thinking this. Unless someone modified OEM struts to reduce their range of travel (highly unlikely), those struts ...
    AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: front end too low with Ground Control, need opinions please

Yes, you're over thinking this. Unless someone modified OEM struts to reduce their range of travel (highly unlikely), those struts are designed to normally be sitting 1.5-2" higher than where yours are sitting now. Raising the spring perch will raise the car.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Chirpin4th is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I guess I'll find out for sure when they get here. It just seems funny that I can compress the spring with no load on the front suspension?

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

If your endlinks are set correctly, you will have some preload on the springs.

Yeah, you guys are right. If the strut itself had been any longer I wouldn't have been able to get it back in place by myself. I stuck a 1/2" breaker bar in the center of the wheel hub and stood on it, while working the strut assembly back in.

Just saying thanks! Those spacers worked perfect, I now have more than enough adjustment on the height. And I got some good practice at taking them apart. I'll need it since I'm pretty sure both front struts are on their way out. Pretty sure I could do 25 min a corner, with no air. Not too bad for a rooky.

Btw, that was my first time ordering from JEGS. They are pretty awesome. They are open real late, (maybe 24 hrs) and when you make an order you get a tracking number though email. And my parts where here in 5 days.
    Attached Images

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Yeah, Jegs. I placed an order for a set of Mickey Thompsons to mount on Z06 wheels for my V2. They had the best price and gave me a confirmation number.

At the end of the week, still no MTs. Called back and they had no record. Gave them my tracking number. Still no record. My card was never charged but I was deeply disturbed that my order became vaporware.

I never reordered or ordered from anywhere else.

That's no good. I ordered a trans mount from rev shift 2 days before I ordered the spacers. I hope they
    are on their way.

Rev shift sent me a tracking number... After getting underneath the car for an oil change I noticed that it already has a poly trans mount. I assumed it didn't because I have to do the 4th to reverse trick to get it to engage smoothly. I'm also having a hard time downshifting to 3rd. I wonder what could be causing this?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Chirpin4th View Post
    Rev shift sent me a tracking number... After getting underneath the car for an oil change I noticed that it already has a poly trans mount. I assumed it didn't because I have to do the 4th to reverse trick to get it to engage smoothly. I'm also having a hard time downshifting to 3rd. I wonder what could be causing this?
    The first item on the troubleshooting chart for any gear shifting problem is to flush and bleed the clutch hydraulic system.

thanks! when I bought it the reservoir was empty. I have filled it 3 times, now it stays full. I will do a flush/fill and see what happens. Time to bust out the mity-vac. I should prolly install in the ls7 clutch/flywheel that's been sitting out of the car for the past 3-4 years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.