Sneak peek.

21K views 129 replies 31 participants last post by  ahahnu 
G
#1 ·
#12 ·
dang, nice stuff - get a 2012 bonus?

G
#23 ·
Gold coat on top, PC-9 on the skirts, nothing on the underside of the pistons and PPM on the cam and main bearings. The cam bearings come with the LSX block because they are a different size than standard LS ones and don't come coated. The mains that I wanted (King with 2/3 groove) aren't available coated. I already had a set of coated Clevite rod bearings. I talked with my engine machinist and decided against piston squirters. I hope I don't end up regretting that decision as it's basically the only overkill option I haven't gone with.

G
#25 ·
Thanks, I'll be trading them off for an uncoated set next winter. I'm going to have the entire exhaust back to the turbos coated with White Lightening and I figured I'd let someone have the shiny ones as a trade for their nasty ones like mine were.

#28 ·
Hmm, at sometime soon I'm gonna need some advice on a LS6 build for FI. Parts, machine shop...the works. I'm gonna gonna start my build after summer so around September timeframe. My goal is for the block to handle 9-12 psi FI safely. I would like some help and advice, perhaps PM is best.

These build teasers have me very interested and I want to make sure I go in the right direction.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.