Sneak peek. - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Sneak peek. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Jizz in my pants...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: Sneak peek.

Jizz in my pants

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by H-town_V View Post
    Sounds wicked!! What sorta break-in period is necessary for the motor.
    Beat downs straight out of the box.

Just kidding. Run dinosaur oil for the first 1500-2500 miles, change it at 100, 500 and 1500 at least.

1. Start and let it idle until oil is up to running temp.
    2. Let cool until oil temp is 100 deg.
    3. Start and repeatedly rev to 2000-2500 rpms until the oil is back to running temp.
    4. Let cool completely.
    5. Drive it normally with getting on it some but not really revving over 5000 rpms.

I am breaking in another new clutch so #5 won't have many beatings for the first 500 or so miles. Also, #'s 2 & 4 are the most agonizing hours of your life. Haha

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Run dinosaur oil for the first 1500-2500 miles, change it at 100, 500 and 1500 at least.
    What kind did you pick? Did you choose the venerable T-Rex oil, or did the shop convince you to spring for the new and improved Megasoreass?

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    Damn that sounds nasty ... Jizz my pants just from the video I can imagine in person... Can't wait to see numbers

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Beat downs straight out of the box.

Just kidding. Run dinosaur oil for the first 1500-2500 miles, change it at 100, 500 and 1500 at least.

1. Start and let it idle until oil is up to running temp.
    2. Let cool until oil temp is 100 deg.
    3. Start and repeatedly rev to 2000-2500 rpms until the oil is back to running temp.
    4. Let cool completely.
    5. Drive it normally with getting on it some but not really revving over 5000 rpms.

I am breaking in another new clutch so #5 won't have many beatings for the first 500 or so miles. Also, #'s 2 & 4 are the most agonizing hours of your life. Haha
    I would have to break it in as well.

A lot of guys says hey beat it's ass straight away. If it's gonna break now, it would've broke later.

^I say F that^ - you are doing it the right way.

PISNUOFF Guest

I got on it a little last night. I've put 70 miles on it and ran out 2nd gear to 6000 rpm and ran 1/2 of third. She's every bit as fast as the 418 was.....and it's still not tuned properly.

2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v
    Sounds great!

Be interesting to see what it makes on the dyno

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    I run stuff reasonably hard right out of the gate... Seat the valve train and rings and such or that's my excuse haha

That motor sounds badass dude.

PISNUOFF Guest

I really laid into her last night after 300 miles. WOW! Even with four people in the car it felt faster than the 418.

PISNUOFF Guest

I figure I'd update this thread.

1. Got screwed by my dyno tuner and he only corrected the AFR at wot and left the timing the same as my 418 with higher compression and different camshaft. He took my money and left me with 478 rwHp. I realize that I should lose Hp because the donkey dick camshaft I bought as a temporary one for one summer is totally wrong for my setup.

2. Went to Woodward with the crap tune and had a blast. Even with my ridiculously expensive slower motor. Plus, it runs like shit below 3000 rpm with any more than 1/2 throttle.

3. I installed a new wideband and decide to tune the darn thing myself. I spent many, many, many hours tuning below 3000 rpms to no avail. I did however have plenty of success tuning wot. I ended up with an average of 9 degrees of additional timing and it completely HAULS ASS now. We took a trip to Mexico and she completely annihilated a stock C6 by multiple bus lengths. PM me if you want to see that vid. I'm not posting it on this forum.

4. After 5000 flawless miles, I hit a deer and only had cosmetic damage. It should be back from the body shop soon.

5. Twin turbos are on the back burner because until later in 2014 because we bought a house with only a single car garage. I must build a garage before I build a turbo setup. Soooooo, I bought this to hopefully gain about 40-60 additional rwHp. 240/248 .629/.629 111 LSA ground at +4 degrees.

6. I sent off a couple wheels to get widened to 10" and my Creative Steel offset trailing arms should arrive at about the same time as my wider wheels.

7. Debating which to get first, an 8.8 setup or a wet kit to slap a 250 shot on until I get the twins. I'm also debating whether to go with PT6266's or PT6766's. My decision maker would be at what rpm they will be at full spool.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

I vote 8.8". Although you'll probably break those axles. I can't believe your Getrag has lived as long as it has.

Also, holy f**k your car is loud.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You bought a house with a single car garage? That is fail.
    ahahnu likes this.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You bought a house with a single car garage? That is fail.
    Lol. There were other reasons, it is directly next door to my fiancé's grandparents. She takes care of her grandma every day.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

So did you get the tune fixed? Let me know if you want/need a reference for an excellent tuner - pm or fb. If you do the 8.8, you get more than just a robust differential - it's a whole new car with a much better feel so there's my vote.

Which wideband did you go with and are you tuning with HPTuners Pro?

ctsv247 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

I'm just glad to see he's got a girlfriend. It's hard to find one that will endorse this kind of madness!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.