Some on-track pics of the V @ NJMP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Some on-track pics of the V @ NJMP in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; First time out on track at NJMP Thunderbolt 4/24/13...
    Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Some on-track pics of the V @ NJMP

First time out on track at NJMP Thunderbolt 4/24/13

odla, odla, crankedupforit and 5 others like this.
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Some on-track pics of the V @ NJMP

I assume you borrowed someone else's car? Isn't yours always under construction?

So how did it feel? Any issues?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I assume you borrowed someone else's car? Isn't yours always under construction?

So how did it feel? Any issues?
    So far so good. A few small issues to clear up...
    Took a bit to get the seat in a comfortable spot but thats been sorted.
    1 issue arose with the window net as it seems to just completely cover up the drivers mirror so I'm gonna replace it with a mesh style instead of the ribbon.
    Rear visibilty so far is good however I feel once a wing gets mounted I'll have an issue so I've been looking into a rear camera setup.
    The windshield may be too thin, it was flexing a bit going down the front stretch. As much as I like the weight savings, I may reuse the original glass to make it easier for tear offs, etc.
    Suspensionwise the car feels nice and neutral and handled curbing without issue. I'd like to see how it runs on fresh GAC's as mine were scrubs from Phoenix's Grand AM team.
    I was excited going out and rushed into the brakes a bit too soon so the pads grooved up the rotors a little but nothing crazy
    I do want to check to make sure the rear toe has not moved otherwise may upgrade the rods.
    I noticed some oversteer with Aaron driving but it was late in the day and he was putting the car through its paces.

All in all, quite pleased and rock solid so far...

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Any more pics of your V? Would really like to see the interior too.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by alradco View Post
    Any more pics of your V? Would really like to see the interior too.

Peter
    Just a couple of the interior...

alradco and alradco like this.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Seems you don't have to much to sort out so far although I never heard anyone complain of over steer on a V. You know what they say "over steer is over steer but under steer is slow". Good luck this season Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    Seems you don't have to much to sort out so far although I never heard anyone complain of over steer on a V. You know what they say "over steer is over steer but under steer is slow". Good luck this season Chris.
    He said to double check the toe and replace the tires, oversteer came with a pro driving it like he stole it after I had a full day on track.
    Time to finally get the numbers made up

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    He said to double check the toe and replace the tires, oversteer came with a pro driving it like he stole it after I had a full day on track.
    Time to finally get the numbers made up
    Can you describe the conditions you experienced with the oversteer?

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Awesome! Glad it's running well. Hopefully V day happens and you can make it. Would be nice to check it out.

NJMP Thunderbolt is a fun track -- that was my V's first track. Octopus sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Can you describe the conditions you experienced with the oversteer?
    OK I checked some of my notes.
    I wasn't driving, I was rightsiding with Povoledo. These were last laps of the day before we left. I told him to shake it down and give me an honest opinion.
    With all TC's off he was correcting coming out of the turns, say from apex out. Nothing crazy but he was working the wheel. Don't get me wrong, for what it was they were fast laps. And even with the wheel movement still felt smooth to me.
    He looked at the rear tires and mentioned the toe because of the wear. And then said to get a new set to fix up the oversteer...I started pressures at 28 on all 4 and according to the pit guys they stayed pretty good during the day. I want to say 34, maybe 35. It may have just been those last 5-10 laps that they got pushed and heated up. From what I gather at 38 they get greasy IIRC.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Any video? Would love to hear it.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

What are your toe settings right now?

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Nice. Looks good out there.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I would agree that the GAC tires seem to like mid-30s, and about that they start to go off a bit. I was having start with them down around 24-25# at VIR a few weeks back, and they were still getting a little too high by the end of a session. The lead instructor for the advanced group was running them on his nasty GT2, and he said he started with them 21-22# cold.

I would say getting some oversteer on the power coming off a corner is pretty normal. Or maybe my driving style and rear end setup are wrong? I definitely have to "pedal it" coming out of some corners - I would say turns 1 & 2 at VIR are probably where I notice it the most.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    l. Or maybe my driving style and rear end setup are wrong? I definitely have to "pedal it" coming out of some corners - I would say turns 1 & 2 at VIR are probably where I notice it the most.
    Maybe not wrong but you do have a 100 extra HP with a stock front sway bar and a little more spring rate in the rear for a normal KW set up. Anyway we've seen plenty of your videos and none of it is slowing you down for sure. Maybe it is driving style. I sold Chris my GMPP racing sway bars and that front was massive. I always thought it made my car push like crazy unless I squared off the turns a lot. Anyway Chris's car is another animal now and I'm sure once it's dialed in everything will settle down.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.