Kooks 1 7/8, non-catted mids, and Revshift MM installed.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Kooks 1 7/8, non-catted mids, and Revshift MM installed. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Well, I went back and forth on what headers I was giong to get and Maryland Speed made me a ...
    Vav
    Vav is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

UPDATED with Dyno results!! Kooks 1 7/8, non-catted mids, and Revshift MM installed.

Well, I went back and forth on what headers I was giong to get and Maryland Speed made me a deal I could not refuse! So the headers were cake, the motor mounts were a PITA! But, worth every second.

I had alot of annoying vibrations inside the car. Felt like it was shaking apart. I attributed most of it to the precious owners choice in exhaust, Flowmaster, really? So I got Corsa's, vibs went down a little, but not much. Also had a drivline vib between 1800 and 2200, thought "oh great, stock flywheel is going". Never thought the motor mounts would contribute to multiple problems, but when I fired her up and went for a spin, it felt like a new car!! Zero vibs in car now, zero drivline vibes, wow! Everyone told me the poly mounts would be worse, yeah right. The OEM mount on the drivers side was shot, but not that bad. The passenger side was beyond shot. You could spin the top stud and almost pull it out. So if anybody has vibs of any kind, I recommend replacing the MM's along with some long tubes!

I get the car tuned Friday @ 0900 at RPM Motorsports in Garner, NC. I had a buddy of mine put an LS9 cam, PRC .650 springs w/Titanium retainers in. Hopefully with the long tubes I'll be close to 400 RWHP. I've been trying to baby it, but have hopped on it a couple times and she screams after 3000. Hopefully next summer I'll have a maggie!!

IMG-20130504-00568.jpgIMG-20130504-00569.jpgIMG-20130505-00583.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vav

Re: Kooks 1 7/8, non-catted mids, and Revshift MM installed.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Nice! I installed the same headers with cats and RevShift motor mounts 2 weekends ago (minus the cam) and am also trying to baby it before tuning (scheduled for 5/13). I did not find motor mounts difficult. I left the upper and lower brackets attached to the MMs and pulled them out as one. The only bolt on each side that was a pain was the front bolt on the lower bracket since it's blind. I re-used the stock MMs heat shields too...I cut them smaller to fit the tops and used some SS line to sew them back together. My biggest struggle was those damn plug wires... who designed that spring loaded heat shield tube?!? I used long pliers and a 3/8" extension as leverage to get them out and still a PITA. Even out or the car, put a wire with that heat shield on a plug and try to pull them apart. You definitely want to get some heat reflective tape on the alternator wire since I could nit find anything to zip tie it away.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Vav View Post
    ... Hopefully with the long tubes I'll be close to 400 RWHP ...
    Yeah, but the sound is divine.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Vav

Yup, sounds nasty! The 1-7/8 Kooks headers, no cat mid pipes, corsa resontator and mufflers produce the percfect tone. Idle is menacing, but doesnt drone AT ALL! Best part is when you get on it a little. Can't wait to get the tune so I can hammer down! The plug wires were a little time consuming, but I got some taylors with kool sox.

JDB - Did you re-torque yours hot?

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by Vav View Post
    Yup, sounds nasty! The 1-7/8 Kooks headers, no cat mid pipes, corsa resontator and mufflers produce the percfect tone. Idle is menacing, but doesnt drone AT ALL! Best part is when you get on it a little. Can't wait to get the tune so I can hammer down! The plug wires were a little time consuming, but I got some taylors with kool sox.

JDB - Did you re-torque yours hot?
    Agreed.

I assume you mean header to head bolts... I used Stage 8 locking bolts, which I'm glad I bought because I found the pass rear bolt had its head snapped off! I did check them and they were all still snug.

Vav

UPDATED with Dyno results! Kooks 1 7/8, non-catted mids, and Revshift MM installed.

Well, took it to the Dyno Friday and she put down 400.49 RWHP and 361.62 FT Lbs. I'm pretty pleased. Chris at RPM Motorsports tuned it and he did a great job! It pulls like a raped ape now after 3k, idles perfect, and doesnt buck at low RPM's anymore. I figured I would only get around 380-390 out of it, being its a supercharger cam, so to be in the 400 hp club made all the work and $$$$ worth it! Below are the cam specs FYI:

Comp Cams Special Grind: Dur. - 230/242 Lift - .591/.610 LSA - 116.0 Centerline -113.0

PRC .650 lift valve springs w/Titanium Retainers

Comp Cams Hardend Pushrods

Dyno.jpgDyno1.jpg

Marylandspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

Thanks for the order. We always have the best deals on Kooks if you call us

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.