Should I make the drive for what could be a really good deal?? KOOKS Headers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Should I make the drive for what could be a really good deal?? KOOKS Headers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Title kind of says it all I found a set of New still in the box kooks headers all the ...
    rlamas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Should I make the drive for what could be a really good deal?? KOOKS Headers

Title kind of says it all I found a set of New still in the box kooks headers all the hardware with the high flow cats for $800, turns out the guy sold his 05 CTS-V before installing the headers..

thing is I live in Dallas he lives in Houston were going to meet half way. I've only have had my V for about 5 months and there's some thing I need to get done to it like upgrading the clutch and replacing the motor mounts should I pass up on this deal and just fix what's needed or is it worth the purchase?

side note clutch and motor mounts any suggestions area greatly appreciated..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Should I make the drive for what could be a really good deal?? KOOKS Headers

Just be careful with transactions that seem too good to be true. You are gona go somewhere unfamiliar carrying 500 bucks cash minimum. That's how people get robbed or hurt.

Make sure you pick the place, not him. Make sure it's a public place with lots of foot traffic and police presence. Best place would be a state trooper station or something like that.

Don't give him your real name or address either. If you can carry, do so.

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Should I make the drive for what could be a really good deal?? KOOKS Headers

$800 for NIB Kooks is good price.

Everybody needs a gateway mod.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
    If you need motor mounts, you should install the looks and motor mounts at the same time.

RevShift 80A (blue) are the currently suggested mounts it seems. (Plan on 2-3 weeks shipping from them)

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    If you need motor mounts, you should install the looks and motor mounts at the same time.

RevShift 80A (blue) are the currently suggested mounts it seems. (Plan on 2-3 weeks shipping from them)
    Or UMIs and get them right away. They are also great mounts.

Revshift is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    This is no longer true. Stop saying this! As of this week, we are all caught up with backorders and parts are being made for stock. Shipping will be A LOT faster than the previous months.

Hey sounds good with me..I appreciate the response and looks like I'm meeting the guy Sunday morning in a neutral spot small town..

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/3641260509.html

I'll pace the order for the RevSift Monday A.M

is there a link that will help with the install on the headers?

PISNUOFF Guest

I think people will stop saying that as soon as there is evidence to the contrary.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    I think people will stop saying that as soon as there is evidence to the contrary.
    Well they have acknowledged issues for a while so I would be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. they just need to make some new bushings so I can buy them.

H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v
    NO don't buy them. Haha I'm only saying that cuz I live in Houston and have been watching his post for a while now(they were previously advertised for $1100) it's deff a good deal I just don't have the extra $800 laying around.

And HAMSTAR were in Texas where you assume everybody has a gun on them. Roadside Craigslist type robberies just don't happen unless you wanna get shot!!!

Haha nice try ..Yes those are them...

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/3641260509.html

Lol, I live in Baltimore man. Made me paranoid, maybe. I'd carry if I could.

It's always beat to be careful.

well made it back alive

----------

haha and yes those were the ones from craigslist, now I'm waiting for my MM and trans mount from revshift placed the order Monday
    HAMSTAR, HAMSTAR, brngrhd and 1 others like this.

brngrhd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Good to hear you made it out alive LOL

brack86svo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

"This is no longer true. Stop saying this! As of this week, we are all caught up with backorders and parts are being made for stock. Shipping will be A LOT faster than the previous months."

I hope this is true. I placed my order on 5/1 and am patiently awaiting all the parts. Bought everything but the coupler and diff bushing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.