Couple quick questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Couple quick questions in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So my deployment is almost over and I have to start getting things in order to working on my car ...
    dedeaux89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Couple quick questions

So my deployment is almost over and I have to start getting things in order to working on my car when I get back. I have some parts in the garage already waiting on me to install and I'm about to try to put an order together to get a few more things, I just have some quick questions.
    I just bought a B&B touring catback exhaust, will it hook up to my Kooks headers that have non catted connectors?
    My fast 102 intake, will it fit under the stock strut tower brace?
    Should I get the intake ported before installation?
    Got the Cam spec sheet from Pat G so need to order that, since I recently put in the Tsunami Cam and upgraded the valvetrain etc I shouldn't have to buy any more supporting mods for this cam right?
    I want to basically buy all the bushings revshift offers for our cars, I am thinking blue motor and trans mounts, red everything else- does that sound like a good idea?
    The flex coupler they offer, do we need front and rear or just one- also is it feasible to replace by a novice mechanic in his own garage with no special tools?

Plan on upgrading the axles eventually to the gforce driver and passenger side anti wheel hop kit, still researching toe rods, trailing arms (possiblity of fitting wider tires in the rear), and pinion support brace so if I pull the trigger on these things it will probably be all purchased at the same time cause I tend to buy my mods in bulk so that will probably be my next big order after this one
    Any other advice or input about things to order or look at are welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Couple quick questions

What kind of cam did pat G spec you? Was it a 226/232 113+2. That's a good maggie cam, but you're leaving power on the table if you're staying NA.

He recommended 226/230 .649”/.629” 113 LSA +3 advance
    Current Cam= Tsunami Camshaft: 235/240 .648/.609 111LSA

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    It seems you may want to stay away from Comp Cams for your new one. Apparently they are having QC issues. There is a thread on ls1 about it. Some don't believe it's the cam, some do, I would read it and take it all with a grain of salt. Some guys seem to point to oil, some to pushrods, some to the cam. I don't know 100% which is right because I'm no engine builder but there are some interesting pictures and some interesting info on the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    It seems you may want to stay away from Comp Cams for your new one. Apparently they are having QC issues. There is a thread on ls1 about it. Some don't believe it's the cam, some do, I would read it and take it all with a grain of salt. Some guys seem to point to oil, some to pushrods, some to the cam. I don't know 100% which is right because I'm no engine builder but there are some interesting pictures and some interesting info on the other thread.
    This is the email that I received and plan on going this route on my cam, I'm no engine builder either, I just like to install parts so I'm hoping that the cam specs are what I'm looking for, because I just want torque and good powerband for quick acceleration.

This cam profile features EPS Extreme custom lobes on the intake and EPS ET lobes on the exhaust. These lobes are ground under license by Cam Motion exclusively for Engine Power Systems. The Extreme lobes take advantage of lightweight intake valves and/or high rate springs to offer the highest horsepower available today. The Extreme lobes will give very high valve lift while offering improved high rpm valvetrain stability, lower valvetrain noise, and longer valve spring life compared to Comp cams lobes of the same general lift. The EPS ET lobes on the exhaust give high valve lift while offering reductions in valvetrain noise and improved high rpm valvetrain stability with solid stemmed exhaust valves. These lobes on the exhaust will typically allow this cam profile to rev higher than Comp XE-R, LSL, LSR, LSK, and XFI hydraulic roller lobes. The cam core utilizes 8620 grade chrome moly steel, which allows the cam to wear longer than the steel used in Comp Cams

sammyboy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v

Anyone with opinions on the rev shift stuff? I was about to ask the same damn question. I am just wonder as far as bushing's and mm go what would be the proven setup?

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
    Anyone with opinions on the rev shift stuff? I was about to ask the same damn question. I am just wonder as far as bushing's and mm go what would be the proven setup?
    I use the Revshift MMs and transmission mount - I enjoy it, really helped out. Personally I (emphasize only me) would not use the the flex disc coupler they offer. I don't think the stock set-up is designed for something as rigid and the alignment would be PITA for most. I would only venture that route (flex coupler) if I was to completely overhaul the driveshaft and rear-end - CS kit or 9" mod. I would contact both suppliers to find out the compatibility. I don't use the Revshift cradle bushings instead I have the Delrin - stiffer is better and it makes the car feel about a foot shorter for handling.

All this takes away ride comfort - obvious. When I have a full load of non-car enthusiasts (co-workers), they think I have a flatulent sounding, rough riding, POS Cadillac. That is why I ride solo, track it, and take it to car shows - I am lubbed there!

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    I use the Revshift MMs and transmission mount - I enjoy it, really helped out. Personally I (emphasize only me) would not use the the flex disc coupler they offer. I don't think the stock set-up is designed for something as rigid and the alignment would be PITA for most. I would only venture that route (flex coupler) if I was to completely overhaul the driveshaft and rear-end - CS kit or 9" mod. I would contact both suppliers to find out the compatibility. I don't use the Revshift cradle bushings instead I have the Delrin - stiffer is better and it makes the car feel about a foot shorter for handling.

All this takes away ride comfort - obvious. When I have a full load of non-car enthusiasts (co-workers), they think I have a flatulent sounding, rough riding, POS Cadillac. That is why I ride solo, track it, and take it to car shows - I am lubbed there!
    I hear ya, I got cutouts right after my headers, with a donkey d*ck lopey ass cam, and I've been asked several times what was wrong with my car, and that it sounds like it "barely runs" lol

So since I finally got a reply no flex coupler for me, few more unanswered questions anyone else gonna chime in?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I believe the B&B cat back (excellent choice, by the way) will require some muffler shop work to hook up to your Kooks headers.

The best Fast 102 Intake port work is that of Tony Mamo of Air Flow Research. (I got my FAST 102 from Vengeance Racing and let them port it and paint it - it is okay, but it ain't a MAMO).

You cannot go wrong following the advice of PatrickG or that of Geoff Skinner with Engine Power Systems. A lot of well known engine builders have them on speed-dial.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
    Read up on RevShift, you will be waiting for parts, so you should plan accordingly. Assume a minimum of 3 weeks to get parts. I was told 2 days and its been 2 weeks and still no shipping info.

Also the pinion brace doesn't seem to add much once you address the wheel hop with bushings and axles.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    Read up on RevShift, you will be waiting for parts, so you should plan accordingly. Assume a minimum of 3 weeks to get parts. I was told 2 days and its been 2 weeks and still no shipping info.
    This is no longer true. As of this week, we are all caught up with backorders and parts are being made for stock. Shipping will be a lot faster than the previous months. If you haven't already received a tracking number then you will this weekend once we drop the rest of the packages in the mail.

Shipping is not a concern. How bout the 102 fitting under our stock strut tower brace. Thanks for all the input guys!

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    This is no longer true. As of this week, we are all caught up with backorders and parts are being made for stock. Shipping will be a lot faster than the previous months. If you haven't already received a tracking number then you will this weekend once we drop the rest of the packages in the mail.
    I hope this is true. Believe it or not, I'd like to see them succeed and make a boatload of money.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
    Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    To follow up I did indeed get shipping info. Thanks RevShift. Just didn't want to see him get home and start tearing the V apart and end up waiting on parts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.