Mod progression/route? (for track/street) - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Mod progression/route? (for track/street) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'll be installing my FHP-10029 this weekend. If anything weird happens, I'll let you know....
    FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Re: Mod progression/route? (for track/street)

I'll be installing my FHP-10029 this weekend. If anything weird happens, I'll let you know.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Is that the fluidyne clone being sold on ebay? If so, maybe thats why its $30 less than summit racing...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    Is that the fluidyne clone being sold on ebay? If so, maybe thats why its $30 less than summit racing...
    It is. Same one Fuzzy found on Ebay. uses and/or references the same part #. Also it worked fine on the street for the 2 weeks it was installed prior to the track day.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

I've got one collecting dust in the garage, never got around to installing nor returning it for that matter.
    It was thrown in a box with no other markings except for a gold "Made in Taiwan" sticker.
    From what I gather Fluidyne used to make them in CA but now outsource some stuff to possibly Taiwan/China. In any event I wasn't comfortable not seeing it packaged in a Fluidyne box at least and the Made in Taiwan thing just made me throw it to the side...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

nikdsctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Welk lets not be too hasty. Can you not start the car and see the leak? It looks to me like it was leaking from around the hose clamps. Maybe use a better clamp? Or possibly two clamps? It would be nice to know exactly where it is leaking from first.

philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    It is. Same one Fuzzy found on Ebay. uses and/or references the same part #. Also it worked fine on the street for the 2 weeks it was installed prior to the track day.
    I also bought it but haven't installed it yet. It is stamped Thermal Dynamics International with a U.S. patent number 5,881,803, made in Taiwan gold sticker. I emailed the company and gave the link to the ebay product for confirmation on their disclaimer about it being a genuine Fluidyne oil cooler. I'll share the results. I don't plan to install it until I decide what clutch to install - I like tearing my car apart for multiple mods/upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by nikdsctsv View Post
    Welk lets not be too hasty. Can you not start the car and see the leak? It looks to me like it was leaking from around the hose clamps. Maybe use a better clamp? Or possibly two clamps? It would be nice to know exactly where it is leaking from first.
    I can tell you it is definitely not leaking from the hose connections those things are on very tight. I believe it is somewhere where all the cooler lines funnel back into one line.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Interesting. It looks like where the tubes all come together (and I imagine are brazed together) it's pissing out.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Have you checked on warranty? Hopefully its just a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by odla View Post
    Have you checked on warranty? Hopefully its just a fluke.
    Ya, he said if i pay to ship it to him and they find that its defective, then they will replace it. I just bought derale cooler that's basically like the OEM style but a 4 pass and use that instead as i trust it more.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

If I recall correctly, my cooler came in an actual Fluidyne box.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

fuzzy, i just got my end links a few hours ago. do yo need to cut these down to get the full benefit from them and also how far? that looks like an 1-2" you cut them down from the picture.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    fuzzy, i just got my end links a few hours ago. do yo need to cut these down to get the full benefit from them and also how far? that looks like an 1-2" you cut them down from the picture.
    Ideally, they need to be adjusted such that, when your wheels are on the ground, they are dead vertical.

I can't give you a more detailed answer than that because I don't know how low or high your V is riding. For me, that required cutting the square ends off the end links and shortening the threaded bolt slightly.

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

for me @ 14" (1" drop from stock), measured from fender lip to center axle/wheel hub, adj. links are maxed out @ shortest length with preload on the sways. if you want no preload, you'll have to shave/cut them slightly depending how much you're dropped.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.