Mod progression/route? (for track/street) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Mod progression/route? (for track/street) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Where is the PS upgrade thread? I have never seen it? I need to jump on it if it as ...
    OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Re: Mod progression/route? (for track/street)

Where is the PS upgrade thread? I have never seen it? I need to jump on it if it as easy and cheap as you say.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

On the FAQ: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...ler/index.html

I don't think that the part number mentioned is still available, but there are others that will work.

I would recommend this mod to anybody who may see track time. It's one of those mods that I forget that I have and thus forget to recommend it to people. Quick and easy using the FAQ procedure. I'll try to find the part number of the one I used.

Stock vs the Fluidyne. Once I finally get my grills powdercoated black, i'll probably rattle can the cooler black as well.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

How about the FHP-10029? It's the successor to the FHP-10026 mentioned in the FAQ. And it's slightly bigger (8.75" x 14" versus 6.5" x 14").

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fld-fhp-10029

Edit: they're selling it on eBay for $48 (I just sent in an offer for $45 including shipping--pending). Noice!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Flui...6d417e&vxp=mtr

----------

Bam! Best Offer accepted. $44.95 shipped!

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

^That might be the same one I have just black. Nice purchase either way. Quick, cheap and effective upgrade.

Sorry for the thread jack btw.

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

very cool, thanks appreciate the feedback and tips.

i'll probably be doing the same mod myself

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Just bought the eBay one for the same price. Ill be doing this when i get the time. Great price that i just couldn't pass up.

philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    ^That might be the same one I have just black. Nice purchase either way. Quick, cheap and effective upgrade.

Sorry for the thread jack btw.
    Pulled the trigger on this myself...

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Adjusting the bump/compression, you have to pull a wheel off and adjust, just give small turns and you can see the numbers line up.
    What's this "numbers line up" you mention? On mine there's just a slot at the bottom of the housing that you stick the adjustment tool into. No numbers to look at.

And where did you get the handy little tool for the rebound adjustment up top? Did that come from KW? I just got a plain ol' allen wrench with mine.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    What's this "numbers line up" you mention? On mine there's just a slot at the bottom of the housing that you stick the adjustment tool into. No numbers to look at.

And where did you get the handy little tool for the rebound adjustment up top? Did that come from KW? I just got a plain ol' allen wrench with mine.
    The top of the purple tool has numbers which I think is what he is refering to. I believe the tool is an updated kit. Mine came with it as well, it is still just an allen key but with a fancy handle.

philistine is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Same slot at the bottom but I guess the newer ones have numbers for indexing - I have 2 sets of KW V3's and both have this feature.

Yep it came with the kit! You can probably call KW main office and get it shipped free. I had them ship a couple of collars when mine broke and they were very easy to deal with...expedited shipping too (free)!

Can you get the amsoil from a local parts store?

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

Mod progression/route? (for track/street)

Quote Originally Posted by odla View Post
    Can you get the amsoil from a local parts store?
    http://www.amsoil.com/locator/index.aspx

unless its a "race" shop, i havent seen amsoil being sold. for instance, im not sure youd find it @ an o reillys, advance auto, or pep boys.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    plan on spending about $400 extra to buy adjustable end links (not PowerGrid ones--these) and a stiffer set of springs.
    these are the ones to get? or just the type to get?

nevermind, saw your post in ls1tech. thanks

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1601468-cheaper-alternative-powergrid-end-links.html

Thanks

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Yep it came with the kit! You can probably call KW main office and get it shipped free. I had them ship a couple of collars when mine broke and they were very easy to deal with...expedited shipping too (free)!
    Cool, I'll have get in touch with them. Did you just contact them through their contact info here - http://www.kw-suspension.com/us/kw_contact.php?

Quote Originally Posted by mackey View Post
    these are the ones to get? or just the type to get?

nevermind, saw your post in ls1tech. thanks

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...end-links.html
    Interesting, it appears the forum is disabling (some) external links. Fuzzy's post originally had the word "these" hotlinked to something, but now that hotlink is gone. And the ebay link in Fuzzy's post about the PS cooler is also no longer a link.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.