Revshift
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Revshift in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Everyone seems to like RevShift so after my Revshift coupler tore the second go round I ordered trans and motor ...
    vOwnR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

Revshift

Everyone seems to like RevShift so after my Revshift coupler tore the second go round I ordered trans and motor mounts.
    Two and a half weeks later my order in in the mail. I called and they never returned a call and once someone picked up the phone and told me they were shipping out today and a week later they actually sent. I was never contacted by email or phone the whole time and my money went through. Just my story.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PISNUOFF Guest

Re: Revshift

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by vOwnR View Post
    Everyone seems to like RevShift so after my Revshift coupler tore the second go round I ordered trans and motor mounts.
    Two and a half weeks later my order in in the mail. I called and they never returned a call and once someone picked up the phone and told me they were shipping out today and a week later they actually sent. I was never contacted by email or phone the whole time and my money went through. Just my story.
    How did your coupler tear its basically solid aluminum except for the 6 small bushings? You do know that their parts all carry a lifetime warranty.

vOwnR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

That would mean that the bushings tore. The three on the driveshaft side are what keep tearing. I used washers the second go round. The one time they picked up the phone let me know they were only covering the coupler bushings this last time. I understand that if I just kept throwing it back on hoping something changed but I just spent more $ with them.

garrettg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

The stock giubo in the V1 must be a piece of engineering mastery to withstand all this movement and here we all thought they didn't put time into doing the V1 right.

Chris Cornett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Platinum Mist
    Same deal here ordered motor mounts over a month ago. Called and left messages twice and sent email with no response. Here is my favorite part.......they charged my CC for parts they never shipped.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vOwnR View Post
    That would mean that the bushings tore. The three on the driveshaft side are what keep tearing. I used washers the second go round. The one time they picked up the phone let me know they were only covering the coupler bushings this last time. I understand that if I just kept throwing it back on hoping something changed but I just spent more $ with them.
    Let me get this straight:

1. The first time you installed the Revshift coupler, you ignored all of the installation instructions and broke the coupler. Revshift decided to replace it for you, free of charge.
    2. The second time, I bet you didn't check the bolt torque or the alignment of your driveshaft (based on your "throw s**t together and hope it works" attitude), and the coupler broke again. Still, Revshift replaced the coupler for you, free of charge.
    3. Now, on your third coupler, you have the nerve to get on this forum and complain? What a pretentious, entitled **** you turned out to be.

You should be ashamed, trying to screw a small company that has been incredibly nice to you, even though they didn't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Cornett View Post
    Same deal here ordered motor mounts over a month ago. Called and left messages twice and sent email with no response. Here is my favorite part.......they charged my CC for parts they never shipped.
    This is the one area that Revshift needs to improve. There's no sidestepping the issue--Revshift has been doing a miserable job setting realistic expectations regarding order ETA and keeping customers appraised of order status throughout the fabrication process.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

I posted this on another forum. I am going to post it here as well so everyone understands the situation.

We don't want to make things to order but since we released the CTS-V bushings we have been on the edge of having things in stock and making parts to order. Revshift currently consists of two guys, Myself (John) and Adam. We had a part time machinist to help during the holidays but he has since moved on. Adam and I make all of our parts from scratch. We do not outsource a single thing and we pride ourselves on that fact.

Since the release of the CTS-V bushings we have been working like maniacs. We did not expect the demand for these parts to be so high. We try to answer the phones and reply to emails as much as we can but getting the parts made and shipped out is our priority. We are making some big changes for 2013. One of these changes is that we are currently in the process of purchasing a new machine which will drastically speed up production. We are also reworking our computer systems and organizational methods to better handle the higher order volumes.

We would hire a secretary to answer the phones but anyone calling with a technical question would have to talk to Adam or myself anyway. Also, paying someone to sit around until the phone rings is not a good financial option for us while we are trying to purchase new equipment and expand to meet the demand.

Basically, we are a small company that makes everything in-house. We work extremely hard and we are steadily expanding. The most important thing is that the wait times are not permanent. With your continued support we will be able to expand and produce the parts much faster. In return, it will enable us to continue to design and release new parts that are not currently available (we have a whole list of things). Our goal is to ship all orders out within 24 hours. We will get there soon!

Thank you, everyone, for your support and understanding.

- John
    We are improving and things will be "normal" very soon. Also, since I made that post a couple weeks ago we have decided to start looking for an office/sales guy to handle the emails and phones. This will free up time for Adam and myself to make more parts.

Chris Cornett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Platinum Mist
    Thanks for the update.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Revshift well said... There are always growing pains especially when you produce products that everyone in a community needs. I can't imagine what the order list looked like around the holidays. Either way try to keep up as best you can and all you can do is hope that those who are ordering bushings will understand.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xbladr View Post
    ...all you can do is hope that those who are ordering bushings will understand.
    No, that's not the correct approach. They should:

1. Set realistic customer expectations. If their average door-to-door turnaround time is three weeks (I'm probably not too far off here), they should say so right on the order page.
    2. Do a little bit of creative advertising. Describe and depict the fabrication process via the Revshift website. On order confirmation emails, include a link to the page describing the procedure.
    3. Provide a "shipped" notification email. If fabrication takes significantly more time than average, an order update email is a good idea.

In general, you're almost always better lowering people's expectations and wowing them when you exceed them. Also, a personal touch--especially when it comes to packaging--can pay dividends in terms of word of mouth advertising and customer loyalty. Take it from Apple, regardless of whether or not you like their business strategy. Opening an Apple product is like taking a girl's clothes off.

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

as hard as I've been on revshift in the past, I understand that they're ****ING ENGINEERING AND BUILDING PARTS. They don't have people dedicated to answering the phones.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

^ excellent points, and well-said.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Opening an Apple product is like taking a girl's clothes off.
    That is an awesome analogy.

I couldn't agree with you more, Fuzzy. We are currently working on improving our systems and communicating the whole process. It all comes down to time or lack thereof. We have already made a lot of changes this year that are not too apparent but are a definite improvement. The issue with advertising turnaround time is that it is constantly fluctuating. Items come in and out of stock by the day. We will soon be switching over to a stock level based shopping cart. When this happens, the website will tell you that the specific item is out of stock and it will not allow you to purchase it. At that point, orders will be shipped within 24 hours, no exceptions. We are hoping to make the switch within the next couple of months.

Big changes are happening within Revshift. This will all become apparent very soon. Unless, our happy customers don't speak up.

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

i'm real damn drunk right now.

revshift, you said you would send me the red trans insert but i am never the get??????????????????????

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.