Mod V1 or trade up for V2? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Mod V1 or trade up for V2? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by 253ctsv I think wiki says about 12k V1s not that that's many more... it's close to twice ...
    repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Mod V1 or trade up for V2?

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    I think wiki says about 12k V1s not that that's many more...
    it's close to twice as many, though.

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo

it's close to twice as many, though.
    I think it's still a pretty rare car. That's why it's so cool. And the "what that things got a manual?" And "I can't believe that sound came from that" I think in the future the V1 will be very collectible

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    I think it's still a pretty rare car. That's why it's so cool. And the "what that things got a manual?" And "I can't believe that sound came from that" I think in the future the V1 will be very collectible

no, I agree - I think I misread your post, sorry.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post
    Another thing to consider: the V1 is a rare vehicle, only about 7,000 made. The V2 is much more common. If there comes a time when modern Cadillacs are collectible, the V1 will be more desireable than the V2.
    You are going to be waiting a while before that happens. and honestly with the assault that the V2 has put on the automotive landscape the V1 might be just a footnote in Cadillac history.

I mean today if you compare a V1 to a e46 m3/ c55 amg/ v8 s4 price used car price wise, we arent looking so good. which is why i wonder about the people who have 04 V1's with 40k on them... not much value to be saved by not driving it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2004ctsv View Post
    Probably more than you think. I'm guessing that there were more than a few guys like me who ran our muscle cars from the 60's into the ground when we were young. After getting married and raising kids and suffering through station wagons and mini vans saw the 2004 V as a prize to be taken care of. Sure, I put a Maggie on mine and drove it at the track a couple times, but the car is pristine.

We'll see which of the grandkids skips generations and loves cars like Pap does. He or she will have a bitchin' ride in 15 years.
    I can just imagine you in a grand wagoneer.....im so sorry.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Nobody in my area knows if I have a V1 or V2. They always ask "is that the 550hp version cts"? I tell them it doesn't have the supercharger and that it's naturally aspirated for 400hp at the crank - I get the deer caught in the headlights look followed by a few wide-eyed blinks. I'm leaning towards modding it with the promise of the recent TT kit that may be developed.

I think the general audience assumes all Vs have the same output and nobody has ever guessed the year I'm driving...2004. I have all the chrome repainted black and also black powder coated wheels. As far as modding goes, I'm at a loss trying to get any good info forging the bottom for FI. The reply I get is that the LS6 bottom is good for 8psi but take it down to 6psi for safety and invest in the valvetrain instead. I'm gonna poke around my local speedshop and see what they recommend for a bottom end build or replacement for more boost - 12psi max goal.

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    You are going to be waiting a while before that happens. and honestly with the assault that the V2 has put on the automotive landscape the V1 might be just a footnote in Cadillac history.

[COLOR="Silver"]
    if any modern cars become collectible, yeah, it would take many, many years. but the most collectible versions of a car are typically its first year of production, which, combined with lower production numbers, favors the V1 over the V2. It's not really about how 'good' the car is compared to later years, it's about its perceived collectibility. Everyone knows the C4 Vette is 'better' to drive than say a C3 or C2, but they aren't collectible yet, and if they ever do become collectible, it would most likely only be the ZR1's that people want - because of the rarity.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

I don't have time to search right now. But production numbers have been discussed quite a bit over the years I believe total production for the V1 is believed by most people that have spent time looking at it to be under 10k. Something like 9500 total from 2004 to 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa
    I don't have time to search right now. But production numbers have been discussed quite a bit over the years I believe total production for the V1 is believed by most people that have spent time looking at it to be under 10k. Something like 9500 total from 2004 to 2007.
    Wikipedia says
    2004 2,461
    2005[23] 3,508
    2006 3,052
    2007[24] 1,176

Total us sales. It's just over 10k. Idk if there were any more produced and sold in other countries. Or if Wikipedia is that inaccurate. Not that I think the difference is that big of a deal. Still pretty rare imo

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Where is that Cadillac customer service rep when you need her... I bet Cadillac has those numbers stored in their systems somewhere.

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV
    Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom

I mean today if you compare a V1 to a e46 m3/ c55 amg/ v8 s4 price used car price wise, we arent looking so good. which is why i wonder about the people who have 04 V1's with 40k on them... not much value to be saved by not driving it.

----------

I can just imagine you in a grand wagoneer.....im so sorry.
    Actually, sold the old g35 for a new XC 60. I like the 3 liter turbo in sports mode. 325 ft- lbs of torque in the hills of western PA is just about enough. And $1200 for the polestar upgrade is stupid money for 25 bhp.

And I hope everyone else drives their 2004 V's like they stole them.

12race is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 06' CTS-V

Just my 2c, was facing same scenario, elected to keep my 06' V1 - starting a 402 stroker build in about a week. Already have the entire Creative Steel 8.8 drive line to handle the power. Just something about V1's that make them special.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 12race View Post
    Just my 2c, was facing same scenario, elected to keep my 06' V1 - starting a 402 stroker build in about a week. Already have the entire Creative Steel 8.8 drive line to handle the power. Just something about V1's that make them special.
    Yeah I decided to keep and build as well. CS 8.8 is coming tomorrow. I have a goal of 600-700whp and want to shove 10-12psi at it. I called Texas Speed, Wiseco, and Callies...all pretty much came up with the same advice - build the bottom.

Wiseco pistons [10-K444X3903] -11cc dish
    Callies Compstar Hbeam 6.125" [186-CSC6125DS2A2AH]
    Comp Cams 921 Dual Spring Kit (.650")

I'm looking at the LG Motorsports G5X cam - something streetable for forced induction. I haven't decided on pushrods or rockers yet. Pretty soon, I'll be shopping prices.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

hey i like my car like the next guy, but the fact that this question even gets asked and people having to defend why they stay with the V1.

If i had spare money to move around i would invest my mod money into a better performance platform which is the V2.

12race is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 06' CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Yeah I decided to keep and build as well. CS 8.8 is coming tomorrow. I have a goal of 600-700whp and want to shove 10-12psi at it. I called Texas Speed, Wiseco, and Callies...all pretty much came up with the same advice - build the bottom.

Wiseco pistons [10-K444X3903] -11cc dish
    Callies Compstar Hbeam 6.125" [186-CSC6125DS2A2AH]
    Comp Cams 921 Dual Spring Kit (.650")

I'm looking at the LG Motorsports G5X cam - something streetable for forced induction. I haven't decided on pushrods or rockers yet. Pretty soon, I'll be shopping prices.
    Nice - I am trying to be ready for standing 1/2 mile race Sept 14th in Clayton GA. I have run in a couple so far, running 140's MPH with current mods. more info at WannaGoFast web site. This comnpany gets access to private airstrips typically about 5,000 and provide heads up racing for 1/2 mile.

Using my LS2 block with 225 Trick Flow heads, everything else is going to be new. It will be set up and tuned for 93 pump gas all motor should net around 520 - 540 to wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom
    hey i like my car like the next guy, but the fact that this question even gets asked and people having to defend why they stay with the V1.

If i had spare money to move around i would invest my mod money into a better performance platform which is the V2.
    What other late model car would people debate on weather they should keep the older model or get the new one? I think to the contrary of what you said. the fact that people even consider keeping a first gen over trading for a second gen says volumes about what a great car it is.
    HAMSTAR likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.