ls7 Clutch swap trouble bleeding clutch!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, ls7 Clutch swap trouble bleeding clutch!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So I swapped in a ls7 flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, slave cylinder, also a 36" remote bleeder from monster. I ...
    D-RoKK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

ls7 Clutch swap trouble bleeding clutch!!

So I swapped in a ls7 flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, slave cylinder, also a 36" remote bleeder from monster. I also have a mityvac. I cant get ANY feel in the pedal and everything is connected and torqued down to spec. Maybe I'm just doing this wrong, but can anyone give me advice of how to do this or a procedure to bleed it?

Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pato is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Re: ls7 Clutch swap trouble bleeding clutch!!

I think you still have a lot of air in the system, keep bleeding until it comes up.

I started bleeding with a simple vacuum pump for about 30 minutes and was not getting any pedal.

I hooked up the bleeder in the link below and was done in 5 minutes. It requires an air compressor though.

http://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-MV6835...+brake+bleeder

Damn 150? For that price I could have a caddy dealership bleed it haha. I have a simple hand pump one..

Ive been told to stay around 10-12 Hg of pressure. Do I just keep doing that until it wont do anything else? I dont want to pull any seals...

Is my clutch pedal going to feel like it should right off the bat?

pato is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Yea, if you have a hand pump one, it's going to take a looooong time.
    I think I was doing 20-25 psi with the hand vacuum pump for over a half hour and it got me nowhere.
    I don't think you can pull any seals with what you're using. Keep bleeding.

So im assuming that no more air bubbles will appear when I am to be done vaccum bleeding? Then do I just bleed traditional style? Or should it all be done with the vaccum?

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

i use pressure instead of vacuum, get the Motion brake bleeding kit, its from 50$

http://www.motiveproducts.com/

Works like a charm, and since you have the remote bleedin kit, its less moving around...

Bacon V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V
    Did you make sure to close the check valve on the end of the remote bleeder when you were done bleeding? It should only take a few pumps to bleed it, close the valve, pump twice and feel your new firm pedal

Hold on here, this is how ive done it..

Have the bleeder valve closed, stick the mityvac in the master, build pressure, relieve pressure and add fluid. Is that right??

Get rid of the mityvac, you won't need it.

Fill reservoir, pump pedal a few times slowly, top off reservoir, open check valve half a turn or so and put into a cup or container. Push clutch in and hold a couple seconds, release and wait a second, pump and wait, release, fill reservoir, pump and wait, release and wait, pump and wait, release, close check valve, fill reservoir, pump pedal and it should be firm. Repeat the pump, release, fill process until bubbles are gone.

In my experience, pressure from the pedal works better thana vacuum.

So you release while its open?

If the bleeder has a check valve on it, then yes. It'll close as soon as the pressure drops at the end of the pedal travel

It doesn't have a check valve... just called monster.

Jeff James is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 V1

Put the end of the bleeder without check valve in another container with some fluid in it and keep the end below fluid level. Bleeding is only about moving fluid not pressure. Just move the pedal(don't pump) a few times and watch for air movement.
    Another way might be to just have the end of your bleeder in the fluid and open it. Let it gravity bleed for a little while. The air will work it's way to the reservoir and out. Works with Brakes!!
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff James View Post
    Put the end of the bleeder without check valve in another container with some fluid in it and keep the end below fluid level. Bleeding is only about moving fluid not pressure. Just move the pedal(don't pump) a few times and watch for air movement.
    Another way might be to just have the end of your bleeder in the fluid and open it. Let it gravity bleed for a little while. The air will work it's way to the reservoir and out. Works with Brakes!!
    Good luck
    Im thinking of gravity bleeding while im at work today which is a 3.5 hr shift. How can I make sure the master wont run dry?

Buy a check valve at the auto parts store for 3 dollars and thread it in the end of your line. Tick comes with a check valve on it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.