Revshift Motor Mounts with Headers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Revshift Motor Mounts with Headers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I've been reading lots of threads on different MMs for the first gen V and I am leaning towards doing ...
    Bacon V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Revshift Motor Mounts with Headers

I've been reading lots of threads on different MMs for the first gen V and I am leaning towards doing the Revshifts. I have the car torn apart and waiting for a header install right now and decided I should do them now while ive got the exhaust/cats out of the way. Anyone have any issues with header heat on the Revshifts? I read reviews after a few hundred miles - just wondered how they were working after 10k miles or so? Any need for the silicone heat jackets?

Can they be installed with headers in place? Kind of forgot to order them and wanted to put the car back together today so I can hear the exhaust...will i kick myself later for not doing this all at the same time?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Re: Revshift Motor Mounts with Headers

Go with the Revshifts. You need heat jackets if you're running headers. You cannot install them with the headers in place. You will kick yourself.

thanks. get that motor mount bolt of yours off yet? Hoping I dont run into a similar experience...

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon V View Post
    thanks. get that motor mount bolt of yours off yet? Hoping I dont run into a similar experience...
    My only advice is to support the engine with a jack at the front lip of the oil pan, where it's strongest. Also, use 6-point (hex) sockets to minimize the chances that you'll strip something. In my case, I think I just have a really, really stuck bolt and it wouldn't have mattered whether I used 6 or 12 point.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

philistine and philistine like this.

I swear I tried searching for threads like this on both this site and LS1Tech. I found a couple, but not that specific one. Thanks for pointing it out.

What does the "juice" in the stock mounts look like? I havent taken mine out yet, but they dont *look* bad from what I can tell. They have 87k miles on them and while removing the stock manifolds/cats, i noticed what looked like rusty water "spray" under the mount and on the subframe. Cant find any rusted metal, so I was wondering if it was the prized mojo fluid in the stock mounts?

My car rocks at idle and has all the other tell tale signs of bad mounts which is why im replacing them - was just curious.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Go with UMI mounts and never worry about replacing them again, never worry about heat shields again.

Thanks, but i already ordered the Revshifts. My somewhat lofty goal is to someday build a stroker to put in this car at which time ill upgrade the mounts. This motor has some miles on it, but its got plenty of life left so ill run it for a while.

Thanks, but i already ordered the Revshifts. My somewhat lofty goal is to someday build a stroker to put in this car at which time ill upgrade the mounts. This motor has some miles on it, but its got plenty of life left so ill run it for a while.
    Yeah, I'm sorta thinking of stroking my LS2 at some point too if I wind up keeping this car for a couple more years.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    I swear I tried searching for threads like this on both this site and LS1Tech. I found a couple, but not that specific one. Thanks for pointing it out.

What does the "juice" in the stock mounts look like? I havent taken mine out yet, but they dont *look* bad from what I can tell. They have 87k miles on them and while removing the stock manifolds/cats, i noticed what looked like rusty water "spray" under the mount and on the subframe. Cant find any rusted metal, so I was wondering if it was the prized mojo fluid in the stock mounts?

My car rocks at idle and has all the other tell tale signs of bad mounts which is why im replacing them - was just curious.
    Mine looked like burned tranny fluid and stank to high heaven. You could take that two different ways and both would be probably be accurate Anyway with the heat shields in place it is pretty hard to see that they are damaged but they likely are.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Go with the Revshifts. You need heat jackets if you're running headers. You cannot install them with the headers in place. You will kick yourself.
    Need?

I'm about to install Kooks 1 ⅞ and use DEI titanium wrap with lava rock technology. Still need jackets??

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Need?

I'm about to install Kooks 1 ⅞ and use DEI titanium wrap with lava rock technology. Still need jackets??
    Revshift claims the heat-related damage that could occur without jackets is cosmetic. Since you are wearing two pairs of underpants (speaking figuratively, of course), you'll probably be OK. If it were me, I wouldn't use jackets.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

If you read my writeup, I never used any sort of heat shield / wrap, and I've been good so far. (knock on wood)

When i talked to revshift they said to get the heat Shields. I'd rather spend the 40 bucks on some gas, but i really don't want to do these again anytime soon so it's cheap insurance in my mind

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    If you read my writeup, I never used any sort of heat shield / wrap, and I've been good so far. (knock on wood)
    Always bareback. Figures.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.