Revshift Motor Mounts with Headers - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Revshift Motor Mounts with Headers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by darkman Always bareback. Figures. Pull out!...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: Revshift Motor Mounts with Headers

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Always bareback. Figures.
    Pull out!

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post

Pull out!
    Doesn't work... I have a little kid cuz of that lol

PISNUOFF Guest

I also have a kid from that.

Wrap the mounts with something, header wrap works fine.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Ok, I give......I have a kid from that too. But my daughter rocks, so I wouldn't have it any other way.

But that method did work for a really long time! lol

Bacon V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V
    Ok, wtf... I have all 7 upper bolts loose (fuzzy - i had two stuck like you did. Still can't believe i got them out) and all 4 bottom bolts off/out and now i can't get the sub frame to let go of the bottom mount bracket. I jack the engine and the whole car lifts up. Any ideas? I've hit it with a hammer and tried a pry bar to no avail

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

There are only two bottom bolts on each motor mount. The big one on the bottom (the inverse Torx stud should come out with the nut) and one on the top, facing the front of the car.

I've got both of the bottoms on both sides out. Both nuts came off without the studs, but the studs came out easily. I've got the car on ramps with wheels on - how much will the motor compress the suspension? Am i just not jacking it high enough? I don't want to collapse the oil pan by lifting too much

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon V View Post
    I've got both of the bottoms on both sides out. Both nuts came off without the studs, but the studs came out easily. I've got the car on ramps with wheels on - how much will the motor compress the suspension? Am i just not jacking it high enough? I don't want to collapse the oil pan by lifting too much
    A standard round jack plate will not collapse the oil pan if you place it on the rear of the oil pan, right in front of the subframe. It should easily lift off, assuming that you've removed your headers. It doesn't weigh that much.

Headers are off and I'm using a floor jack with a 2x6 on it. The car raises about 1-2 inches before i stop. Guess I'll try lifting a little more in the morning. I even hit the mount with a hammer while i had tension on them. And here i thought accessing the bolts would be the hardest part...that was the easiest part

Headers are off and I'm using a floor jack with a 2x6 on it. The car raises about 1-2 inches before i stop. Guess I'll try lifting a little more in the morning. I even hit the mount with a hammer while i had tension on them. And here i thought accessing the bolts would be the hardest part...that was the easiest part
    Is it possible that the engine is hitting the tower brace on top? Or do you have a hard intake manifold connection?

Strut tower is out and stock intake. I was getting frustrated with the stuck bolts so i probably didn't give it enough of a chance.

If it makes you feel better, the two bottom drivers side bolts on the upper bracket were so stuck that my 450 ft-lb impact wrench couldn't take them off. I did manage to break a 1/2" universal joint though. Ended up getting them of with a black oxide impact socket, 24" breaker bar, and an extension. Sounded like a gunshot under the car when it came loose. Thought for sure i broke the bolts, but they came out by hand after that. Must have been seized between the bolt flange and the bracket.

Strut tower is out and stock intake. I was getting frustrated with the stuck bolts so i probably didn't give it enough of a chance.

If it makes you feel better, the two bottom drivers side bolts on the upper bracket were so stuck that my 450 ft-lb impact wrench couldn't take them off. I did manage to break a 1/2" universal joint though. Ended up getting them of with a black oxide impact socket, 24" breaker bar, and an extension. Sounded like a gunshot under the car when it came loose. Thought for sure i broke the bolts, but they came out by hand after that. Must have been seized between the bolt flange and the bracket.
    Depending on how much time I have this weekend, I may try a nut extractor and a 1/2" drive extension on the end of a 3' breaker bar. I know for certain that I can do 250 ft-lb, and if that isn't enough, I'll weld a socket to that thing and drop a 5' pole on the end of it.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Depending on how much time I have this weekend, I may try a nut extractor and a 1/2" drive extension on the end of a 3' breaker bar. I know for certain that I can do 250 ft-lb, and if that isn't enough, I'll weld a socket to that thing and drop a 5' pole on the end of it.
    If you weren't on the other side of the country I would let you borrow my 5' long pole.... bahaha. Have you guys tried applying some heat to it, perhaps that might help out. I know having an open flame near motors and such isnt the best idea but might be worth a shot.

Are you saying the difference in the thermal coefficient of expansion between the aluminum block and the steel bolt would help loosen it up?

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post

But that method did work for a really long time! lol
    That you know of....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.