Best toy ever
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Best toy ever in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So I have had the car right at a year and already had the stealth v intake and corsa on ...
    BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

Best toy ever

So I have had the car right at a year and already had the stealth v intake and corsa on when I bought her. I have since added the DiabloSport tuner with a custom tune through Diablew Tunes (which was amzing btw) and after doing much searching I cam across the trashcan intake and it it the next day in
    the garage! I loved that idea and it is perfect and works great. Was reading +8 degrees from outside air temps.

I mostly just wanted to say Hey because I have been readng a bunch but will now join in on things. I will be doing more mods down the road with headers next and who knows after that has far as HP is concerned but love everybody feedback on things and have given me great insight on things for the best toy ever!

BDV
    HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Best toy ever

Welcome!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Also, I have recently moved to the burbs of DFW in Collin Cty and would love to know of anybody around me and what they have done and planning to do with other mods or what actually worked and what was a waste of time with their V's. I would gladly lend a hand with things if possible with schedule. Always good to know the fellow car guys around!

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Not near DFW but welcome from a north Alabama redneck!!!

I hope to have my build finished this week. After that I can give you a little more feedback on worthwhile mods.

Excellent. I have a young family so I am going to be very budget minded in my build through the years that is until she isn't a DD anymore and the little ones get out of the house! The wife said yesterday that she will be getting me the headers for my birthday in 2 months! Made my day! Mainly looking for things to be able to do in my garage in a couple of hours for now. I have read the posts about who likes what brand and such but focused on the overall gains. Like p and p of TB or going TPIS snout on the ls6 intake with a ls2 TB. Or just not messing with that till cam swap. Stuff like that. Hope all are well this Easter weekend!

BVD

I know there are cheaper alternatives to the Kooks headers but the fit and ease of installation was awesome. I installed mine in 1.5 hours and they mated perfectly to the corsa cat back (stock exhaust manifold was already off of the car). If I had a lift it would have gone even quicker.

I opted for the high flow cats as well but they can be removed easily and swapped to the existing corsa connection pipe.

I've tried cheaper headers on other cars and had to clearance several things to make them work. With the kooks I had none of those issues.

Thanks for the heads up on the install with time and such. I was wondering if it is worth saving the money and doing myself. You helped to confirm that. I figure with a friend I can get er done! Haven't decided on brand just yet but any info on install will be greatly looked for. I know I needed to stay fatted for emissions testing here and I would be the one guy caught for not running them I am sure!

BDV

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    ... I installed mine in 1.5 hours ...
    One and a half hours? You removed the coil packs, spark plugs, the dipstick tube, and stock exh mans and installed headers and all back together in "1.5 hours?"
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    One and a half hours? You removed the coil packs, spark plugs, the dipstick tube, and stock exh mans and installed headers and all back together in "1.5 hours?"
    No way... I did mine fast and it still took me like 4 for complete disassembly and install. Unless he cheated and had help LOL

I finished my whole stainless works exhaust in one day. Wasn't too bad, fitment was great, I didn't have to break out a hammer or anything. I tried to do the driver's side without unbolting the steering linkage but it wasn't gonna happen it one bolt and it takes 2 seconds. Save yourself and just take it apart when you are taking off the stock headers. Honestly the biggest headache was removing the stock stuff. When I was trying to break loose one of the stock bolts after the cats it literally sheared and I had wrench and metal flying all around my face. And, I cut my hands a few times on the heat shrouds around them. My gloves kept getting caught so I took em off. Get new spark plug wires and new plugs. Easy access and its only like 15-20 minutes more time to change em all out. I got them off rockauto.com ohhh and get a pair of stock header flange gaskets they are like $5 a piece for the OE stuff and they are pretty good. The stainless works kit came with new bolts for the heads too so I didn't even have to reuse the old ones.

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    I installed my Kooks in about 1.5 hours also... Not as bad as I expected

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Took me about 4 hrs for the headers as well - solo. I had to grind the dipstick with a dremel for a good fitment. I had one header bolt that sheared and couldn't recover it.

I was planning on doing the routine stuff at the same. Only makes sense. Thanks for all tips so far too! Anybody out there in the DFW area?

BDV

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by philistine View Post
    Took me about 4 hrs for the headers as well - solo. I had to grind the dipstick with a dremel for a good fitment. I had one header bolt that sheared and couldn't recover it.
    Awe hell I was bloody knuckled from sheering a bolt on the exhaust flange past the o2 sensor and frustrated by the end. My woman kept coming out and bugging me about when I was gonna finish. I just threw the dipstick tube on. I still need to shave it some for proper fitment. I had a hell of a time getting the damn dipstick back in for some reason lol. I was just being retarded I think.
    philistine and philistine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    For clarification, the 1.5 hrs was for the header and cat install not removal of existing parts. So getting them in, moving wiring that was too close to the exhaust, disconnecting steering, and rewiring O2s. For pulling dipstick, plugs, and coils then re-assembling you can add another 1.5 hrs assuming putting the dipstick back doesn't run into issues with the starter blanket. But at this point I have gotten pretty quick on the top end of the engine and air rachets, bolts with anti-seize, etc all help.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

I'm gonna hire all these badasses next time I tear into my car. Wowzers
    NCOGNITO and NCOGNITO like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.