Fast 90/92 Gains on Bolt on ls6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By redbird555
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Fast 90/92 Gains on Bolt on ls6 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; HI guys I'm along time member over on ls1tech but my searching has brought me here. I have an 03 ...
    redbird555 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Fast 90/92 Gains on Bolt on ls6

HI guys I'm along time member over on ls1tech but my searching has brought me here. I have an 03 ls6 long block swapped into an fbody. Mods now are full bolt ons, ARH 1-7/8 headers, ATI udp, ported TB, 3.90 gears, bassani td's custom air intake etc. I'm trying to do a full bolt on build and really see how far I can push it. I know swapping in a cam and porting he heads would be cheaper and easier but thats not the route I want to go.

Using googles search feature I found a couple guys on here have swapped their ls6 intake for a fast 90 or 92mm intake and tb... I'm looking to do the same and I was wondering who here has done it and what difference in power did you see. I founds a couple threads where it was done on stock ls6 motors and ls2's. Some gained 10-15whp and some lost power and torque which didnt make sense to me at all.

Thanks For the help

Dan-
    HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Unless you have cam and heads installed you will lose mid torque and horeepower but gain top-end horsepower.

jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Fast 90/92 Gains on Bolt on ls6

I put a FAST 92mm intake + 90mm LS2 TB on my 05 LS6 and, while I didn't dyno it before and after, I'll confirm what Naf said... but the mid-range loss isn't really bad/noticeable.

Unless you live over 5500 RPM, spend your money somewhere else until you get the cam or heads.

Under the hood does SOUND meaner at like 6000 RPM though!
    05 CTS-V (390hp/383tq) forged pistons & H Beam rods, balanced crank, TFS 220s, YT 1.7 rockers, Comp Cam 229/239 .627"/.621" 111.5+3, Super Damper, 63lb injectors, Fast 92, 90mm TB, LS7 clutch, RAM flywheel, Alradco, Kooks, Magnaflow, Volant CAI, MSD starter, CS Red MMs, roll bar, RaceTech seats, 6pt harnesses, remote oil & PS coolers, KWv3s, v2 brakes, Carbotech XR1s, 2pc rotors, Hotchkis sways, Revshift red bushings, BMR toe rods, trailing arms & anti-hop kit, Powergrid endlinks

redbird555 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Fast 90/92 Gains on Bolt on ls6

Lol thanks guys I'd think the longer runner design of the fast vs the stock ls6 would help out torque everywhere?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.