Cadillac Owners Forum banner

KW Variant 3 - Spring Rates?

7K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  mackey 
#1 ·
Just bought a set of KW Variant 3's.

Question is, how many of you guys have replaced the stock springs, and what brand/length/rate did you go with?

#2 ·
I thought you were getting the LG motorsports? Either way the kws are roughly 574f/514r

#3 · (Edited)
I replaced the rears with H&R springs to match the front spring rate. I want to say they're 250mm long? I'm sure the info is in the KW install thread that's around here somewhere.

OK, found it. (Thank you, cadillacforums.com, for archiving threads that are more than about 6 months old. We wouldn't want people to be able to easily find information here!) Here's the thread. I confirmed that my rear springs are 100N/mm (to match the front rate) and 250mm long; I got them from www.allsprings.com (go to the Online Store, and then all the way down at the bottom you can select race springs). At the end of that thread, garrettg said he was about to install 110N/mm springs, so if he doesn't chime into this thread, you might want to shoot him a PM to see how that has worked out for him.

#4 ·
Thanks, guys. I've actually had the original, "K-Dub" thread bookmarked for a very long time, and wanted to check in and see whether you changed your setups. I ordered Eibach SPACER60-250 (60mm to 2.5"" spring perch adapters so that I can use my library of 2.5" Eibach springs. I'll give the stock springs a try, but I have a very low tolerance for body movement due to my lowered stance and might wind up using springs in the 650-750 in-lb range again.

Have you tweaked your compression and rebound settings since you originally posted?

#5 ·
I run 629lbs/in on the back with stock 575lbs/in front and the 60mm rears are a very tight fit on the upper and lower retainers. I can still adjust the upper perch height with weight off the wheel and without disconnecting the shock but its very tight. The actual ID on the kw rear springs is 61-62mm. I would be curious to know how loose a 2.5" would fit off the shelf and if you have to mill anything off your conversion kit or perch to get it installed. With a 2.5" spring your choices of length and spring rates is far greater than 60mm offerings.

H&R Springs - ID Race Springs (RF250110)
60mm I.D. Race Spring
Free Length : 250mm
Rate (lbs/in) : 629
Rate (N/mm) : 110
Spring Denotation : 250-110

#10 ·
Damn, the prices on those keep going up. Didn't they used to be in the $1600 range? They're going to cost the same as the LG coilovers soon enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.