What mods next? Maggie? Cam?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, What mods next? Maggie? Cam? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I have a 2005 CTSV (Kooks, Cats, Magnaflow, K&N CAI, Shifter, Axles, all bushings). I am looking to add a ...
    Johnson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2000 Trans AM WS6

What mods next? Maggie? Cam?

I have a 2005 CTSV (Kooks, Cats, Magnaflow, K&N CAI, Shifter, Axles, all bushings). I am looking to add a maggie and ls9 cam, What other items should I do at the same time? What throttle body will work and is best NA now and with the maggie, any other suggestions? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OneFast V is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Re: What mods next? Maggie? Cam?

Depending on how much your willing to do I'd do an edelbrock eforce

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

i'd do better heads and a larger cam plus the E-Force. C6 guys are getting 600+rwhp out of LS2's.

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

I've thought about something similar myself...heads, cam, supercharger (E-Force FTW). Has anyone spun a bearing pushing 600whp? That's about, hmm...750hp at the crank. Can the transmission handle that?

Those 2 items keep my bank account safe The "clunk" is dangerously approaching my funds for the CS rear-end mod though!

izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    I have a 2005 CTSV (Kooks, Cats, Magnaflow, K&N CAI, Shifter, Axles, all bushings). I am looking to add a maggie and ls9 cam, What other items should I do at the same time? What throttle body will work and is best NA now and with the maggie, any other suggestions? Thanks
    I think this would make nice power!

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

if you are gonna leave all the internals stock i wouldnt push for too much, then it will an expensive rebuild...Stroke her to a 383 and try and hold that power down, then if you feel the urge slap a SC ontop and love it...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    ... I am looking to add a maggie and ls9 cam, What other items should I do at the same time? What throttle body will work and is best NA now and with the maggie, any other suggestions? Thanks
    Not sure what impact the LS9 cam would have, but assuming you're committed to a maggie, the next step could involve doing an LS2 throttle body (you'll need an adaptor and harness) then possibly an eight-rib, over-size (8") crank pulley with smaller (2.7" or 2.6") drive pulley, finally a nice dyno tune. I was poised to do this after my maggie, but chickened out. My car runs so well and is so reliable at present, I just didn't want to risk mod hell.

I hate MH.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Not sure what impact the LS9 cam would have, but assuming you're committed to a maggie, the next step could involve doing an LS2 throttle body (you'll need an adaptor and harness) then possibly an eight-rib, over-size (8") crank pulley with smaller (2.7" or 2.6") drive pulley, finally a nice dyno tune. I was poised to do this after my maggie, but chickened out. My car runs so well and is so reliable at present, I just didn't want to risk mod hell.

I hate MH.
    Hey Rand do you know where the adapter is for the harness or who makes it? Im lookin to swap to the 90mm myself as well. Gotta get a 90mm snout for magnacharger also.

Quote Originally Posted by izcain View Post
    Hey Rand do you know where the adapter is for the harness or who makes it? Im lookin to swap to the 90mm myself as well. Gotta get a 90mm snout for magnacharger also.
    Snout comes from Magnuson. Casper electronics for the adapter.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by izcain View Post
    Got my adaptor from Hendrix, but I'm sure he doesn't stock them on any regular basis. I'd take OneFast V's suggestion and call Magnuson directly. My 90mm TB and harness was a takeoff I got from Katech, again not something they'd normally stock I'd think. You might have to search around a bit for those, but I'm sure they're out there.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    The money involved with switching to a 90mm TB isn't worth the 10hp you'll gain if you go the Maggie route IMO...

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

The 90mm throttle body has been proven to not be worth the expense...5-7whp for $500 throttle body and a $200 adapter. The throttle body is not the restriction on FI that everyone seems to think it is. Take the $700 and put it towards a 100 shot instead.

A Maggie and LS9 cam is a really good choice for a nice reliable setup. I moved on to an E-Force but you have to know what you are doing and have a bit of vision and fab skills to pull it off. I did mine for less than the cost of a Maggie, although I am still refining it.

The Maggie is nearly maxed out on stock cubes so no need to waste money on a crazy cam and/or heads.

Have you run the LS9 cam DMM?

I have spent alot more then that chasing less then 10 hp lol

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    I think the LS6 cam is fine for a Maggie... The fact that its a furnace is the limiting factor... Unless your dead set on changing the cam or have a reason to open up the motor then I'd leave it... Again it's cost versus gain... I'm at 475/472 with overdrive lower and 2.75" upper... I doubt much more could be had with a cam/TB upgrade... Now if you run e85 or nitrous... Then it's a different story

Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    The 90mm throttle body has been proven to not be worth the expense...5-7whp for $500 throttle body and a $200 adapter. The throttle body is not the restriction on FI that everyone seems to think it is. Take the $700 and put it towards a 100 shot instead.

A Maggie and LS9 cam is a really good choice for a nice reliable setup. I moved on to an E-Force but you have to know what you are doing and have a bit of vision and fab skills to pull it off. I did mine for less than the cost of a Maggie, although I am still refining it.

The Maggie is nearly maxed out on stock cubes so no need to waste money on a crazy cam and/or heads.
    I gained 25 rwhp (correction: 15 rwhp) off an LS2 throttle body alone (on a maggie LS6) with the dyno sheets to show that. Also got my throttle body for rough $200 and adapter for $50

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...de-maggie.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.