What mods next? Maggie? Cam? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, What mods next? Maggie? Cam? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by OneFast V Drove it to the tuner with the new throttle body and no new tune. It ...
    izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

Re: What mods next? Maggie? Cam?

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    Drove it to the tuner with the new throttle body and no new tune. It ran great so I assume it didn't need much adjusting.
    Good to know.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

How can it be the tune? this was the same tuner who previously tuned it. I took it back to him with the new throttle body and he updated the tune with the new throttle body. The only delta was the throttle body unless I'm missing something
    If the only value changed was the throttle scaler you are reinforcing my point. If he didn't have to touch the MAF and VE tables that reinforces the notion that it did not provide any additional airflow. Also, I saw that this was on a Dynapack...anyone can get those things to read just about anything they want. Hell, I have a Dynapack sheet that says a stock LS6 with a 112 Maggie @ 7 PSI and 1 7/8" headers made 487whp...that didn't happen either in case you're wondering.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    Thanks guys, I dont want to go through the hassle of pulling the heads and making the tvs fit, so I will be adding the Maggie, I thought the cam would be a good addition and give me an opportunity to check and upgrade the springs, valve train etc I am now at 90,000miles

The mods I will be adding are below, anything else I should add or missing?
    Magnusson MP112
    LS9 Cam
    Comp Cams Trunion Upgrade
    Texas Speed Dual Valve Springs
    Cloyes/C5R timing chain
    LS2 Throttle Body/Harness
    You're dumping a lot of coin for absolutely no reason. The COMP trunion upgrade is no longer recommended b/c they're crap and have recently been puking the bearings more so than the OE units...COMP Cam's materials and QC are so bad that just about everyone is dumping them for Cam Motion. I believe Geoff at EPS just made the jump due to poor quality as well. There is an entire thread about not doing the COMP trunion upgrade over on LS1 Tech...I'll try to dig it up.

Brian Tooley racing has the best set of LS springs available and the entire kit is $219...for everything. Really good dude to deal with also.

The Cloyes chain is overkill, stick with the LS2 and save a few bucks. You'll have to get an LS2 front cover and a Trailblazer SS LS2 cam gear to make the LS9 cam work since the cam sensor has been moved to the front cover on GEN IV and later engines. A new cover comes with the sensor and you have to extend the cam sensor harness and swap the outer wires to make it work.

V1 fuel pumps are historically weak and with the age I would get a new in tank DW300 (or Walboro 255) and do away with the BAP. Much more reliable and the OE pump can get to the point where it doesn't flow at all above a certain pressure no matter how much voltage you throw at the thing.

As stated, LS2 TB won't get you anything. I really recommend to ditch it for either an IW or Summit (cheaper) overdriven crank balancer and make sure to pin it during reassembly. A set of 1 7/8" headers will add power throughout the RPM range while adding a distinctive growl.

In all reality, you don't need anything more than a stock replacement oil pump. You can spend more but it won't get you anything. If you're at the point where you actually need an aftermarket HV/HP pump you likely have deeper issue's like a spun cam bearing or something.

Most importantly, go to a well known tuner. A Maggie tune using the OE OS is not hard at all, but the MAF and VE table need to be adjusted using a wideband. Do not settle for someone raping the PE (power enrichment) value's and calling it a day. Try to see the before and after tune to see what was changed...this can be done quickly and easily.

My $0.02. Take it or leave it.

Found the COMP Trunion thread: http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...ons-worth.html

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    If the only value changed was the throttle scaler you are reinforcing my point. If he didn't have to touch the MAF and VE tables that reinforces the notion that it did not provide any additional airflow. Also, I saw that this was on a Dynapack...anyone can get those things to read just about anything they want. Hell, I have a Dynapack sheet that says a stock LS6 with a 112 Maggie @ 7 PSI and 1 7/8" headers made 487whp...that didn't happen either in case you're wondering.
    I guess.. I did not ask the extent to which he modified my tune however I don't know why he would fabricate numbers and give them to me? Either way in my case it was the logical path, may not be that way for everyone but it worked out for me and if/when the ls6 tb craps out I would definitely recommend it.

DMM

Here's one thread I was looking for...upgraded to 90mm and got 3whp. The search sucks donkey balls on this site...lucky I found anything at all.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...m-tb-dyno.html

brngrhd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

I really recommend to ditch it for either an IW or Summit (cheaper) overdriven crank balancer and make sure to pin it during reassembly. A set of 1 7/8" headers will add power throughout the RPM range while adding a distinctive growl.
    I have looked for this summit OD pulley that everyone talks about with no luck anyone have a part number on this thing?

DMM

Quote Originally Posted by brngrhd View Post
    I have looked for this summit OD pulley that everyone talks about with no luck anyone have a part number on this thing?
    My bad man, it's Jegg's that has one for about $300. Their catalogs are a little ambiguous stating an "Overdriven balancer for use with superchargers" although it says it's the standard 7.5". One has to be a typo...I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get some more info.

My bad man, it's Jegg's that has one for about $300. Their catalogs are a little ambiguous stating an "Overdriven balancer for use with superchargers" although it says it's the standard 7.5". One has to be a typo...I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get some more info.
    I believe you are looking at this part:
    http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...16253/10002/-1

Last time I talked to Jegs they said ti does fit the CTS-V also.

Perfect. Now to make sure it is actually 10%OD not 7.5inches thanks guys. Anyone have problems running OD on the other accessories?

----------

Called Jegs talked to Ed he didn't have the info but said he will call me back after he gets the actual measurement. I'll post as soon a I get the call.

Quote Originally Posted by brngrhd View Post
    Perfect. Now to make sure it is actually 10%OD not 7.5inches thanks guys. Anyone have problems running OD on the other accessories?
    This is why innovators west offer all the other pulleys. They are 10% undersized to accommodate the 10% overdrive balancer.

This is why innovators west offer all the other pulleys. They are 10% undersized to accommodate the 10% overdrive balancer.
    I understand what and why but are they really NEEDED?

Confirmed by jegs size is 8.25"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.