2-pc rotors F + R
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 2-pc rotors F + R in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I am in the market for brake rotors, and would love to get the brembo rotors but the 10 bolt ...
    Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

2-pc rotors F + R

I am in the market for brake rotors, and would love to get the brembo rotors but the 10 bolt hats are hard to find. I need 355mm up front and 365mm in the rear, basically stock dia...

I have a custom set with 12 bolt hats and my slotted rotors have seen better days...

Ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: 2-pc rotors F + R

My front 2-piece rotors came from Luke at Lindsay. Mine are UUC, which I believe is discontinued but Luke had another supplier with a newer version awhile back. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-04-07-a.html

My rear 2-piece rear rotors, with parking brake drums included, are from Racingbrake dot com.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Check with Coleman Racing - they can pretty much do whatever you need for 2-piece rotors.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Naf

Darkman, i looked up the RB system, and may i say WOW on the price, its gonna be about $2000 plus shippin, I am currently in talks with Porterfield Enterprises, they are able to get me the brembo rotors i desire, i am just waitin on the billet hats. Brembo T3 or T5 grooves ROCK, and give great bite, i just have to swap out the pads more often, which is an expense i can swallow...

Darkman did you get the open slotted rotors or just plain slotted rotors?

Curious to hear how the open slotted perform...

Sent an email to Luke about the Giro Discs, they look promising...

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I have the plain slotted rotors so I cannot report on the performance of the open slot option.

When I added UUC 2-piece rotors to the front the difference was immediately noticeable. The steering effort on turn-in was reduced and brake pad noise, which had been significant with the pads I run, went away.

When I added the Racing Brake 2-piece rotors to the rear the difference was not particularly noticeable. In theory, there was some reduction to rotating weight which never hurts, and the brake pads should work better, but the change in feel produced by the fronts was not there.

Naf

Hmm, more food for thought..

Dug up an old thread and maybe this just may be my answer,

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...t-v1-cars.html

I can get the 370 for the front and the 365 for the rear and call it a day. It will just be a matter of gettin the right rotors, i still think Luke will have the hook up, As he always does...

Not to mention later i can get brembo or AP racing rotor rings and not have to worry about discs for a while...

Now will the V2 system fit in my 18" wheels, thats the question

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

What 18s? The OEM wheels? According to other threads, they work as well as the TD wheels. I'm working on going that route myself.

Naf

i have HRE C21 18" front wheels...I snuck my finger between the caliper and rim so i am good to go...

Will be ordering the Racebrake 370 front and 365 rear...I will also give my calipers a once over with a new coat of paint...

What are your all thoughts on G2 caliper paint?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I've used the G2 stuff and two different types of Duplicolor caliper paint. The G2 is way, way more durable. I actually need to order some, as I've got some new rear brakes coming for my Mustang that I'll need to make pretty to match the Stoptechs up front.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Naf

just ordered their kits, gonna do yellow calipers with black logos, will stick out for most ppl here go with red calipers...Was gonna go with Pink, but i think thats a little over the top

My tahoe has black calipers and i love the incognito brake kit

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

I've been toying with the idea of replacing my front rotors with 2-piece rotors for some time. What kind of weight reduction would I be looking at, and (if you know off-hand) at what cost?

Jeff James is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 V1

Has anyone gone the Coleman 2-pc. route yet?Six lug for V-2 rotors?? How about the 2 pc. V-2 rotors vs. 1 pc. on V-1s? If so , Glen has the program for hats and can do rotors any size. I know , alot of questions in one post but Bring it ON!!

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of replacing my front rotors with 2-piece rotors for some time. What kind of weight reduction would I be looking at, and (if you know off-hand) at what cost?
    25.8 vs 19. 13.6 lbs total savings. The GiroDisc rotors are the UUCs.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    25.8 vs 19. 13.6 lbs total savings. The GiroDisc rotors are the UUCs.
    That's a pretty significant difference. Do you remember how the car felt versus the stock rotors?

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    That's a pretty significant difference. Do you remember how the car felt versus the stock rotors?
    Turn in felt crisper and the unsprung weight advantage seems to settle the car better. You can feel a difference for certain.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.