Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Dyno - 2004 stock LS6, Stainless Works full exhaust w/headers,resonator and cats

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  philistine 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
No valve float that I am aware of. I'm assuming it is because the engine flatlines around 6,100 rpm. The tune is not aggressive and we had to quit early because of connection issues to the ECU. Basically, there is about 16-20 whp trapped in there without getting too crazy. The same speed shop has done multiple LS6 engines with AFR heads, cam, intake that makes ~425 whp on the same dyno.

#4 ·
I have the exact same mods on my LS2 except a W4M mail order computer. You probably saw this as I posted it last month, if not here ya go. Also on an AWD Mustang Dyno. I am a bit lean near the top end of my pull and will be sending it back in for a bit more fuel to be added. My tuner said he thought mid-high 12s would be ideal, which it is most of the pull except up top. Looks like the LS2 makes more power throughout the powerband but they are close up top.

#7 ·
I had no valve float or other issues to my knowledge and nothing was mentioned by my tuner. I didn't even notice the actual dyno sheet until I got home, since they told me the numbers there...

I feel there might have been maybe a handful of horses a bit higher up in the RPM then 5800. lol
LS2 with Pacesetter Headers 1 3/4, cat delete, stock catback with cutouts before mufflers.

#8 ·
I had no valve float or other issues to my knowledge and nothing was mentioned by my tuner. I didn't even notice the actual dyno sheet until I got home, since they told me the numbers there...

I feel there might have been maybe a handful of horses a bit higher up in the RPM then 5800. lol
LS2 with Pacesetter Headers 1 3/4, cat delete, stock catback with cutouts before mufflers.
Those are good numbers! I'm not going back to get a tweak in the tune unless I toss on a new set of heads. Those dynos are a money-pit!

#10 ·
you should be around 12.2-12.5 afr. Its either your PE is too rich or your Maf wasnt calibrated correctly...

I have my PE match the AFR i want to have so all i have to play with is my MAF calibration... Running a 103mm MAF and tuning it is a PITA...Great for top end power, but anything near idle is crap...

Whats your timing at WOT as well as your Air per cylinder? I am trying to see how close to you are to filling your cylinders...On my tahoe i am running 21* of timing and around 1.04-1.08 which means i filled my cylinders and then some...Will find out what my caddy is running once its running

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.