Used Maggie installation?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Used Maggie installation? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So say I buy a used 112 kit--are the parts that might not be included available, or really even needed? ...
    fre1102 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None yet

Used Maggie installation?

So say I buy a used 112 kit--are the parts that might not be included available, or really even needed? For example, Magnusson wants you to pin your harmonic balancer to the crankshaft. I assume in a used kit, the pins are in the previous owner's balancer. Can I buy the guides and pins from Magnusson, or do I really even need them?

Likewise, they have you re-program the ECM. I assume I won't get the scanner they send in a new kit. I know I can have that done elsewhere, but it's the sort of thing I'd want to make sure about before buying the used kit.

So basically, if you bought a used Maggie kit, what did you do for parts that didn't come with the kit the second time around?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Used Maggie installation?

You should get a tune after install anyway.

Pinning the crank is no big deal, just a little time with a good drill.

Magnusson usually has the parts you need.

branland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V SC

I got all my parts from Magnusson.
    Except the tensioner pulley, which they were nice enough to give me the manufacturer part number from their supplier. Saved me from buying the whole assembly.
    I also bought new hoses and serpentine belt from Napa.
    Extension wires and connectors from Radio Shack

Someone on the forum sent me a list of all the parts that came with the kit.

I bought some small circular sells.
    Several grade 12 bolts that were missing. (never use bolts from home depot if you are going to thread them into the block)
    New bypass valve.
    I did not use the Magnavolt

My kit was fairly complete. It came with almost everything needed.

I had to have mine towed to the tuner. It would not start with my tune. Mine also came with a tuner but I didn't use it. I sold it to someone and they had a very bad experience. I still feel bad about that.

izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

You can obtain the pins from any hardware store. Hardened solid steel pins are all they are. You will get them if you order a pinning kit anyways from anywhere. You do need them though!

You can contact Magnusson and they will sell you just about any component you want including a handheld tune to flash in. Wish that said I would not want the tune that magnusson supplies anyways.

I already had EFI live to work on the tune with but you could find someone in your area that has it and is a reputable tuner. or Hp tuners ect. Make sure you look out for hackjob tuning. Do some research on the tuner and see how many other people are around with their tuning and if they are happy. My V had a maggie strapped on it when I bought it and I pulled the tune as soon as it was in my driveway (drove home nice and easy) and low and behold the tune was not at all decent! Ended up changing the tune all up and it is much safer now.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

I have the parts list if you want it.

Any recommendations for who to send off the ECM for a tune? I'll be out of town for a while, so this'd be the time to do it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    I have the parts list if you want it.
    Oh yes, please. Thanks.

izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

A mail order tune would get you up and running but I would say you should take it to someone to get the tune dialed in perfect.

I don't think there are any local tuners, and I have no idea where to go even in the southeast.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by fre1102 View Post
    Any recommendations for who to send off the ECM for a tune? I'll be out of town for a while, so this'd be the time to do it.

----------

Oh yes, please. Thanks.
    Pm me your email address.

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

----------

Oh yes, please. Thanks.
    Where are you located in the southeast?

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by NC-V

Where are you located in the southeast?
    NC-V is right on, your location would definitely help, there are guys on here from FL, SC, NC, GA and elsewhere that can help you find a good tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by NCOGNITO View Post
    NC-V is right on, your location would definitely help, there are guys on here from FL, SC, NC, GA and elsewhere that can help you find a good tuner.
    Tallahassee.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Say, fre1102, what mods do you have and what injectors do you have?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Say, fre1102, what mods do you have and what injectors do you have?
    Right now it's stock. I was asking in contemplation of buying a Maggie. That'll require a tune.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Right now it's stock. I was asking in contemplation of buying a Maggie. That'll require a tune.
    Ah-h-h-h. Got it.

If you can (maybe you already have) get a ride with someone who's got one, that'll seal the deal. Street driving will never be the same.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.