Installed LS7 Clutch, Flywheel, etc. - rock HARD pedal... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Installed LS7 Clutch, Flywheel, etc. - rock HARD pedal... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Well, if you happen to swap the OEM-tuned ECM in there anyway, report back with results please. Be curious to ...
    WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Well, if you happen to swap the OEM-tuned ECM in there anyway, report back with results please. Be curious to see if any issues arise.

Jeff James is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 V1

Re: Installed LS7 Clutch, Flywheel, etc. - rock HARD pedal...

I just spent some time on LS! tech and "Holy Crap" is all I can say about the T-O spacer issue. Did you go with the New T-O for any particular reason?. Everything I have read on THIS forum is that We DO need to use the spacer if using the OE V-1 T-O. Please someone chime in here. I just got a new ,Yes NEW, LS7 C&F for 100 bucks and want to put this in soon. I also have seen the bleeders in different lengths and this is the first thread where someone said We don't need them. Perhaps a short one is the way to go.
    Thanks Guys

jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I think the spacer is needed if you use the old slave instead of a new LS7 slave. I used the LS7 slave and didn't need a spacer.

?Want to buy a spacer? *L*

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff James View Post
    I just spent some time on LS! tech and "Holy Crap" is all I can say about the T-O spacer issue. Did you go with the New T-O for any particular reason?. Everything I have read on THIS forum is that We DO need to use the spacer if using the OE V-1 T-O. Please someone chime in here. I just got a new ,Yes NEW, LS7 C&F for 100 bucks and want to put this in soon. I also have seen the bleeders in different lengths and this is the first thread where someone said We don't need them. Perhaps a short one is the way to go.
    Thanks Guys
    The spacer is only necessary if you try to use an ls2/6 slave cylinder with the ls7 clutch package. From all that I read, you don't want to bother screwing around with the spacer and ls2/6 slave. You're going to be in there anyway, so replacing the slave would make sense, and the ls7 slave is only $90 from O'reilly.

Jeff James is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 V1

Thanx Wes, I am reusing the LS2 T-O as I found a screaming deal on a Katech Spacer (Thanx Clay).
    No offense intended but You couldn't pay me to use an O'Reilly piece or any other aftermarket T-O.

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

LS7 clutch setup with LS7 slave should not need a spacer, but always measure to be sure. And the LS7 slave ordered from Oreilly auto is from the same manufacturer as OEM.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.