Adding cats to Kooks/B&B Setup
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By rand49er
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Adding cats to Kooks/B&B Setup in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hi all. I got a smoking deal for a Gen 2, so I will be selling my '05 beauty. I ...
    Gidish is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Adding cats to Kooks/B&B Setup

Hi all. I got a smoking deal for a Gen 2, so I will be selling my '05 beauty. I need to add cats to my setup to help the sale, and am requesting some of the collective guidance with how to proceed. I believe any straight 3" to 3" cat connector should work right behind the Kooks collectors, right? It appears Kooks cats are only compatible with the Corsa, does anyone know if the B&B's will mate to the Kooks headers? I see Maryland speed has them on sale. Just want some guidance before I go and purchase a set and end up with issues. My current setup is Kooks 1 7/8 to X pipe to B&B out, pics below and of the '05 for fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Adding cats to Kooks/B&B Setup

To get Kooks hooked up to a B&B cat back, there must be some cutting/welding that was done. Don't think you're going to get the Kooks catted connector to just pop in without some effort ... not a lot, but some.
    Bigtuna819 and Bigtuna819 like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

manitzchris is offline Cadillac Owners Member

lemme know if you want to sell the kooks 1 7/8 headers

danrob0123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 RAVEN CTS-V
    Are those CCW's? And are you selling them? =]

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidish View Post
    Hi all. I got a smoking deal for a Gen 2, so I will be selling my '05 beauty. I need to add cats to my setup to help the sale, and am requesting some of the collective guidance with how to proceed. I believe any straight 3" to 3" cat connector should work right behind the Kooks collectors, right? It appears Kooks cats are only compatible with the Corsa, does anyone know if the B&B's will mate to the Kooks headers? I see Maryland speed has them on sale. Just want some guidance before I go and purchase a set and end up with issues. My current setup is Kooks 1 7/8 to X pipe to B&B out, pics below and of the '05 for fun.
    From an SHO to a V1 to a V2? What kind of sadistic freak are you?

Gidish is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Rand - thanks for the quick reply, I should have just called my local shop before posting. It'll be a cut and weld right after collector's, about $400. Been running with expired inspection since....Oct 2011!

Man & Dan - I'll sell the Kooks or the CCW's, for $20K and throw the car in with it! seriously, not planning to part it out at all, need to sell here quickly, hopefully, to put $ down on the Gen 2.

----------

BJS - One that seems to be following a set of large footsteps laid in front of me...I need bigger shoes.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    hmm...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.