Upgraded Dual Fans for the CTS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Upgraded Dual Fans for the CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'd like to get some input from you guys regarding the factory fans. We've been asked a few times about ...
    alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Upgraded Dual Fans for the CTS-V

I'd like to get some input from you guys regarding the factory fans. We've been asked a few times about upgraded dual fans for the 04-07 CTS-V. I'm curious what you guys think in terms of this upgrade? I think most of us will agree that the V runs to the hot side and is designed that way from the factory. I think the first fan turns on at something like 215*?

There's not a lot of room but we should be able to get some better fans in there. I've attached a picture of a dual fan kit we already offer for another vehicle. We use Spal fans, everything is plug and play, shroud is aluminum, and we have it powder coated in black as well as others.

Thoughts and opinions on this or do you think it's a waste of time? Thanks for your input.

Peter
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Upgraded Dual Fans for the CTS-V

Any idea on the approximate cost? Seems like a great option if you're considering upgrading or replacing your present radiator. The biggest hurdle is (as always) going to be interference between your products and aftermarket blowers and intake tubing.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I have an aftermarket radiator and a tune that triggers the fans at a lower temperature so I don't have a temperature issue.

I might be interested anyway because I have a clearance issue. Specifically, the stock fan shroud allows the radiator hose to encroach on the fan space and I cut up one hose before I clearanced the passenger-side fan. So my question would be - is the upgraded fan unit any "thinner" than stock. I like the look of the fan shroud as it looks like it would serve to prevent my potential radiator-hose encroachment problem.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

I don't have issues with my heat mainly from a lower T-stat and lower turn on temperatures via HP tuners. That said I would be interested in a new fan setup, especially if you could package it with your radiator. My biggest concern like Fuzzy and Darkman is clearance, currently trying to figure out how to get a 4" intake tube to fit with my factory setup.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

What would be really awesome is a rad setup that allows clearance for an over the radiator air intake from the front grille. That would sell to everyone, not just people looking for a more durable radiator.

Ny's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cts-V
    Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR
    What would be really awesome is a rad setup that allows clearance for an over the radiator air intake from the front grille. That would sell to everyone, not just people looking for a more durable radiator.
    ^^Thats right...

verywhitedevil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

i run a 4 inch intake tube and 102mm MAF with aftermarkter radiator. I would also upgrade fans, if available.

jmargo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 V

As people have mentioned already the stock fans do a good job keeping things cool once you change the thermo and adjust the turn on times. The biggest advantage would be the gain of space.
    You are in NorCal aren't you ?

BradCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2005 CTS-V

May be interested, depending upon cost.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

I concur that a thinner design than the oem would be awesome. With your radiator and my supercharger things are getting very tight under the hood.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

In for more clearance. I have the RD radiator.

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The biggest cost factor would be the fans. What diameter are the stock fans and how thick is the shroud/fan currently? We sell the black shroud/fans pictured above for $379, just as an example.

A radiator with over the top clearance for intake is not out of the question although we would need to do some kind of of pre-sale group buy for them. Thanks everyone for the input so far.

Peter

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by alradco View Post
    A radiator with over the top clearance for intake is not out of the question although we would need to do some kind of of pre-sale group buy for them. Thanks everyone for the input so far.
    This would be absolutely positively killer!

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!

I think better fans would be a good upgrade... I like the idea of making space for a different intake option

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

That would be a total game-changer if we could eliminate the bend. This would really open things up for NA guys.

I don't know shit about turbos, but could it even open up room for a turbo to be mounted in the space freed up by the airbox?

Quote Originally Posted by alradco View Post
    The biggest cost factor would be the fans. What diameter are the stock fans and how thick is the shroud/fan currently? We sell the black shroud/fans pictured above for $379, just as an example.

Peter

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.