Front tires rubbing front wheel liner/brake duct
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By barrok69
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Front tires rubbing front wheel liner/brake duct in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I put some new rubber 245/45R18 Michelin Super Sports on the car before the winter started and when the shop ...
    barrok69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

Front tires rubbing front wheel liner/brake duct

I put some new rubber 245/45R18 Michelin Super Sports on the car before the winter started and when the shop was pulling the car out they said they noticed some rubbing in the inner fender well up front near the brake duct. I had the shop guy turn the wheel lock to lock and it in fact does rub slightly when it approaches lock position. Is this normal for a stock ride height vehicle with stock size tires?? The wheels are GM accessory wheels if that makes any difference. I have about 2 fingers gap between the top of tire and fender up front, slightly more in the rear, which from what I've seen is pretty much factory spec.

I'm looking to do a light drop on the car in the springtime and can only imagine that this condition will get worse with the lowered ride height. Looking at going H&R, MM, and some rubber spring shims to raise front/rear if it's dropped too low.

Thanks.
    Faber and Faber like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Interestingly, I never rubbed my PS2s in the 275/40 18 size on widened rears on a slightly lowered V.

However, I did rub my front stock size PS2s on stock rims. Again, slightly lowered. So yeah, its weird but I wouldn't worry about it.

Just be careful on hitting big dips at high speeds. I did this at New Hampshire Motor Speedway at a track day and my fender lining ripped up and got coughed up onto the track...

barrok69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

Re: Front tires rubbing front wheel liner/brake duct

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Interestingly, I never rubbed my PS2s in the 275/40 18 size on widened rears on a slightly lowered V.

However, I did rub my front stock size PS2s on stock rims. Again, slightly lowered. So yeah, its weird but I wouldn't worry about it.

Just be careful on hitting big dips at high speeds. I did this at New Hampshire Motor Speedway at a track day and my fender lining ripped up and got coughed up onto the track...
    I replaced 245/45R18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's that also rubbed the same spot. I'm confused why at stock height and stock tire size are my tires this close?

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Front tires rubbing front wheel liner/brake duct

Different tire models (even from the same manufacturers) run at slightly different widths, even when they have the same listed dimensions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.