who makes a keyed crank pulley for us?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, who makes a keyed crank pulley for us? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; hey guy my stock crank pulley has come lose 5 times now so i think its time to upgrade to ...
    runsfromdacops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V built 383. 875/860RW pump/met

who makes a keyed crank pulley for us?

hey guy my stock crank pulley has come lose 5 times now so i think its time to upgrade to a under driven and keyed one.i have a aftermarket crank with a key way in it.
    who makes them for our cars?
    best place to get one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

I have a keyed crank.I dont want to drill the crank.

Id like to underd drive it to slow the power steering down some. Its vary scary @140mph and I think slowing it down will help

Re: who makes a keyed crank pulley for us?

Quote Originally Posted by runsfromdacops View Post
    I have a keyed crank.I dont want to drill the crank.

Id like to underd drive it to slow the power steering down some. Its vary scary @140mph and I think slowing it down will help
    If you have a keyed crank, then why are we having this conversation? You'd have to break the key to slip the pulley.

We have super slow power steering relative to cars that are much faster than ours (e.g. Corvette). It's your alignment, not your power steering.

You're making zero sense right now.

Read the post...

My cank has a keyway. The stock damper dosnt.I know our cars use a rather short serpentine drive compared to the f dofy or others.

I was pretty sure that our cars used a smaller powersteering pulley then any of the other cars (thus sping it faster)

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

If you're driving at those speeds, then you are probably spinning it pretty fast, which means you should get an ATI Super Damper. ATI sells a key kit for their damper. Not sure of the details, as I didn't key mine.

By the way, though I didn't go with an underdrive for the same reasons as Fuzzy, my tuner swears by them. I think you can safely do a 10%. More than that if you're feeling daring.

Read the post...

My cank has a keyway. The stock damper dosnt.I know our cars use a rather short serpentine drive compared to the f dofy or others.

I was pretty sure that our cars used a smaller powersteering pulley then any of the other cars (thus sping it faster)
    You have an inverse keyway? You're probably screwed.

PISNUOFF Guest

I have an SLP 25% underdrive pulley and haven't had an issue in three years. I went through three stock pulleys in two years before I switched. It is keyed.

Im not sure what you mean. Its a compstar crank. It has the Comneon square keyway that youd expect to see on a crank. I just need a pulley that has a key way cut in it

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Im not sure what you mean. Its a compstar crank. It has the Comneon square keyway that youd expect to see on a crank. I just need a pulley that has a key way cut in it
    According to their catalog, the ATI standard replacements part numbers 917266 (aluminum); 917246 (steel) as well as their 10% underdrive part number 917278 (aluminum) use their hub number 916032 which reportedly comes with a 3/16" keyway. In any event, the hub is a separate part that I believe any machine shop could add a keyway to if required. ATI has excellent reputation for customer service so I would not hestiate to call them directly to verify this. (They do not appear to offer a 25% underdrive, but you could ask.)

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

You can have any balancer machined, although if the balancer is coming loose it's likely installed incorrectly. There is nothing wrong with pinning the crank...however pinning or the key won't help keep the thing on there if its not properly installed.

PISNUOFF Guest

Yours is spinning loose because of TOO MUCH POWA. The faster acceleration spins the pulley on the snout, that's why they get pinned or a key is used. Darkman is right, it's a 3/16" keyway that is the standard size.

Its not hard to install..look at my build, I think I can handel putting the pulley on. its just a shity design. If it was a stock crank id just drill and pin the stock balancer but i dont feel right doing that to a crank with a keyway in it. I know ati makes one with a keyway for our cars buf I figured there would be more options.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Its not hard to install..look at my build, I think I can handel putting the pulley on. its just a shity design. If it was a stock crank id just drill and pin the stock balancer but i dont feel right doing that to a crank with a keyway in it. I know ati makes one with a keyway for our cars buf I figured there would be more options.
    My apologies, did not intend to impugn your work by any means. Many have had the balancer come loose as GM didn't exactly do the best job. Never heard of one coming loose unless incorrectly installed or spinning on the crank other than using a supercharger. There are threads out there where some have had issues with the balancer coming loose after having it pinned due to improper installation though.

PISNUOFF Guest

1050 crank Hp might have something to do with it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.