Can you re-use the creative steel diff bushing?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Can you re-use the creative steel diff bushing? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I bought a used rear diff (newest model diff) to replace mine in the 06 V, however, my diff had ...
    Overd0s3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V blk/blk

Can you re-use the creative steel diff bushing?

I bought a used rear diff (newest model diff) to replace mine in the 06 V, however, my diff had the bushing installed. I'm wondering if it can be pressed out or if it will get ruined?
    The bushing has maybe 5k on it...

Also, should the pinion seal be replaced? I am already replacing the axle seals.
    Thoughts on replacing the rear cradle bushings as well - they aren't part of the diff but jw

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Can you re-use the creative steel diff bushing?

they're cheap. get another. better yet, go with revshift, which is a better design. unless you are short on cash, then why not re-use. you can always replace it later.

thanks for the quick reply HAMSTAR. Do you have the revshift one? it is pretty cheap, I might as well get a new one. Do you have the 80a or 95a?

No, I have the CS, but I like how the revshift design doesn't use a metal sleeve that can expand and contract with temp fluctuations.

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    I just installed the blue Revshift, and all rear end clunk is gone. I also replaced my driveshaft with a solid replacement (no bullshit rubber to flex). Some have reported the red to transmit more noise than before...mine doesn't whine, so no more nose than before.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Go Revshift, I put in a Creative Steel 2 months ago and am pulling it for a red Revshift this weekend. Only $50.

Side note, anybody know the part number for the pinion seal? Can't find it on my parts lists..

silentwig is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

When did you guys order your revshift bushing and how long did it take to get it?

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

I ordered mine on Black Friday. It took over a month to receive. I don't think they stock bushings now...all built to order. Could be wrong, but I know people are still waiting a while when they order nowadays.

Redline93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

I'm having my rear end replaced under warranty, and I also had a CS diff bushing and the diff block. I also have to order a new bushing and block if I decide to stay with CS. Do you guys know if the CS bushing and diff block is still more effective than the Revshift stuff? I wanted to place an order this week, and I'm on the fence since I've heard pretty good things about Revshift.

In addition, I have UUC motor mounts and CS trans mount - I was also thinking about replacing the UUCs for Revshift or UMI. I was hoping to get some advice on that front as well. I believe the UUCs are in good working order, but I feel like they transfer way too much vibration through the cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline93 View Post
    I'm having my rear end replaced under warranty, and I also had a CS diff bushing and the diff block. I also have to order a new bushing and block if I decide to stay with CS. Do you guys know if the CS bushing and diff block is still more effective than the Revshift stuff? I wanted to place an order this week, and I'm on the fence since I've heard pretty good things about Revshift.

In addition, I have UUC motor mounts and CS trans mount - I was also thinking about replacing the UUCs for Revshift or UMI. I was hoping to get some advice on that front as well. I believe the UUCs are in good working order, but I feel like they transfer way too much vibration through the cabin.
    Careful with the trans mount... I only hear bad things from tuners and gearheads. It raises your trans a bit too high and transmits a lot of noise.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by FoD View Post
    I ordered mine on Black Friday. It took over a month to receive. I don't think they stock bushings now...all built to order. Could be wrong, but I know people are still waiting a while when they order nowadays.
    We usually keep all of our parts in stock and ready to ship but since the release of our CTS-V bushings on black friday we have just been swamped with orders. We are trying our best to get the stock levels back and we will get there very soon. We are hoping to be back on track in about a week. We will then be back to shipping orders out within 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Overd0s3 View Post
    Careful with the trans mount... I only hear bad things from tuners and gearheads. It raises your trans a bit too high and transmits a lot of noise.
    This is true if you are talking about the CS trans mount. Incorrect if you are referring to our trans insert. Aside from some people with worn aftermarket shifter parts, we have heard nothing but great reviews for our trans insert.

Redline93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Revshift, can you comment on CS's differential bushing and diff block versus your differential bushing and rear cradle bushings? Do both product offerings aim to accomplish the same goal? Just trying to learn how your approach differs from theirs when trying to eliminate the clunk in the drivetrain. I have CS trans mount and CS diff bushing and diff block - I haven't had any problems with them and they eliminated the clunk. But my rear is being replaced under warranty and I plan on upgrading again. Just not sure if I want to try something new (your products) or stick to the CS bushing and block. Thanks in advance.

Cradle bushings have nothing to do with clunk. If you want to compare, it would be Revshift diff bushing vs CS diff bushing and block.

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    We usually keep all of our parts in stock and ready to ship but since the release of our CTS-V bushings on black friday we have just been swamped with orders. We are trying our best to get the stock levels back and we will get there very soon. We are hoping to be back on track in about a week. We will then be back to shipping orders out within 24 hours.

This is true if you are talking about the CS trans mount. Incorrect if you are referring to our trans insert. Aside from some people with worn aftermarket shifter parts, we have heard nothing but great reviews for our trans insert.
    I would need the part in 2 weeks. If I order today, would that be possible?
    If not, what is the estimated delivery time?

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by Overd0s3 View Post
    I would need the part in 2 weeks. If I order today, would that be possible?
    If not, what is the estimated delivery time?
    Absolutely. If you order today the wait shouldn't be more than a week. I am personally working 16 hour days this week to get caught up with everything.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.