Can you re-use the creative steel diff bushing? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Can you re-use the creative steel diff bushing? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Revshift Absolutely. If you order today the wait shouldn't be more than a week. I am personally ...
    Overd0s3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V blk/blk

Re: Can you re-use the creative steel diff bushing?

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    Absolutely. If you order today the wait shouldn't be more than a week. I am personally working 16 hour days this week to get caught up with everything.
    Order placed! Thanks for the quick response!

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Absolutely. If you order today the wait shouldn't be more than a week. I am personally working 16 hour days this week to get caught up with everything.
    Then why has my order from 10 days ago not shipped? Sent an e-mail to you tonight...

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v View Post
    Then why has my order from 10 days ago not shipped? Sent an e-mail to you tonight...
    All of your orders are going out by the weekend. We appreciate your patience and continual support.

All of your orders are going out by the weekend. We appreciate your patience and continual support.
    Thank you for the update!

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

I don't see why you couldn't press out the old CS diff bushing. The stock one too. IF, you're using one of the press tools. I got my stock one out just find with CS's diff removal tool and didn't need the tool to put CS's in since it was very close to the size to go in.

FWIW, when I did mine with and without the block, the block made more of difference in drivetrain clunk/movement.

It appears that you already purchased from RevShift. so, test them back to back and report, um, back

----------

We usually keep all of our parts in stock and ready to ship but since the release of our CTS-V bushings on black friday we have just been swamped with orders. We are trying our best to get the stock levels back and we will get there very soon. We are hoping to be back on track in about a week. We will then be back to shipping orders out within 24 hours.

This is true if you are talking about the CS trans mount. Incorrect if you are referring to our trans insert. Aside from some people with worn aftermarket shifter parts, we have heard nothing but great reviews for our trans insert.
    What is true? raising the trans a bit too high and/or transmits a lot of noise?

Have you tested back to back against your products?

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post

It's the creative steel bushings that raise the trans to high, not the REV shift trans insert. I've been running the insert for over a year, no noise.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v View Post
    It's the creative steel bushings that raise the trans to high, not the REV shift trans insert. I've been running the insert for over a year, no noise.
    That's why I asked RevShift of their response to CS products.

Quote replies on this forum should copy both parties responses, not just the last response -- makes it harder to follow.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post

We have not used the cs trans mount, there is no need for us to do so. It has been reported that the cs trans mount is taller than the oem mount and that it causes unwanted vibration. They use very stiff, low quality urethane (which we have confirmed).

Our trans insert keeps the oem mount at the stock height and prevents sagging and unwanted movement. We use high quality polyurethane. It is 80A hardness which is stiffer than the stock rubber but not too stiff. It is intended to significantly enhance the performance of the oem mount and prevent premature failure.
    etcts-v and etcts-v like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.