Cadillac Owners Forum banner

GForce 2-Piece Driveshaft INSTALLED!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  GFORCE1320 
#1 ·
I installed the GForce 2-piece Chromoly-Aluminum 1000HP Driveshaft replacement from Precision Shaft Technogies.

I also installed the Revshift Diff bushing while I was back there. Total install time took about 3 hours (for both), but actually took me all day due to Football and Hockey games being on...Halftimes and Period Intermissions were work-time for me.

My main center bearing in the stock DS was bad, and squealing something awful. I attribute this to, a.) shitty engineering to begin with, and b.) the installation of the Revshift MM and trans bushing, re-aligning the drivetrain, and causing the already bad DS bearing to finally give.

The new DS has the ability to be taken apart, and serviced if anything breaks down. Big plus! I also noticed the girth of this DS over the stock. The PST shaft is 3" on one piece, and 3.5" on the other. It has 2 billet connecting adapters on the ends. No more of that shitty rubber to shear, twist, and compress during heavy loads. It weighs approximately 12LBS more than the original shaft, and cost me the same as a OE replacement.

Weighing more is a downside to it, but after driving for about 50 miles this morning, at speeds ranging from 5 MPH to 105 MPH, I did not notice the increased weight. This could be due to proper alignment, and it not jumping during shifts like the old one was accustomed to doing. I have no vibrations at speed, and the only vibes I notice at all are between 5 and 10 MPH...feels like a sputter more than vibes too. Could be something else, other than the new DS...dunno.

Overall, pleased. I will be swapping clutches soon, so hopefully everything will be smooth as glass after that.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.