Cadispeedster's first thread! NEW MEMBER! 2006 CTS-V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: First Recommended Upgrades

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Intake

1 5.00%
  • Exhaust

7 35.00%
  • Suspension

3 15.00%
  • Engine

1 5.00%
  • Drivetrain

8 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Cadispeedster's first thread! NEW MEMBER! 2006 CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Dude, look at almost every other thread in the V forum. It's full of people helping out perfect strangers. You ...
    HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Cadispeedster's first thread! NEW MEMBER! 2006 CTS-V

Dude, look at almost every other thread in the V forum. It's full of people helping out perfect strangers. You will also note that we are very much into DIY- I don't believe there's anything on these cars that most of us haven't done, except maybe personally forging engine blocks.

The thing is you came on here with a poll showing a choice of mods that made it obvious you haven't done any more than te most cursory type of research. It's not that we don't want to help, it's that our time is valuable too and we expect a little legwork on the part of whoever is asking the question. Then the whole gun thing was just off-topic, and that's not the culture here. Personally I think this is a good thing because you don't have a bunch of idiots posting shit simply for the sake of it, like some kind of wordgasm. There are a million other places on the Internet for that.

I really hope you stick around and contribute. It's a good forum, but like all others has it's own culture that it's worth learning if ou wanna get the most out of it.

Peace
    etcts-v and etcts-v like this.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Mostly down to business around these parts of the forum, don't get offended as you will get flamed until you learn the in's and out's. You'll gain respect slowly by asking for help and more than anything do a search first before you post. I didn't understand that when I first joined but now that I've seen 40,000 posts asking the same questions over and over again about the same stuff I now understand why you'll lose respect by not doing your homework. There's at least two dozen good threads on here about the best mods for the V and the order in which you should do them.

This forum is an invaluable resource for your V and you will lose out if you don't stick with it and start with some thick skin. You'll learn more on here than you could ever imagine as most of us not only do our own "maintenance" but do complete engine, trans, interior, exterior, drive train, suspension, etc, etc mods. We've torn down and rebuilt from the ground up finding, fixing and fabricating solutions and strengthening weak points that the GM engineers missed and not only adding a few 100 hp but in some cases twice the horsepower and torque out of these machines as what came from the factory. The guys giving you a hard time are the guys you should respect and listen to, they've helped and taught me more than I could ever imagine.

I got schooled my first post as well so don't feel special...

Cadispeedster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V, Dec 20, 2005

Understood, thanks

Might be a habit from the Mazda forum then. Different kind of culture i guess... Just get excited to get a new nice car, ya wanna see what people recommend from experience. I see you have an 06. What you think? I might make a custom cold air first thing and follow up with some sort of exhaust. There's so much to choose from, but I don't think I'll be happy with any of the intakes. I'll post another thread with plenty of pictures. As for the exhaust, I've always liked the QTP cutouts. Which would be great for a future turbo build.

Cheers, and thanks!

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Cutouts are a great mod to start with! For Cold Air Intake I went with K&N first but then pulled it and sold it for a Volant Intake which I like a lot better, more effective at keeping heat soak out. Most guys keep the OEM airbox and just the intake tube which seems to be highly effective. As for the intake manifold, I'm picking up a 90mm FAST next week to replace my stock LS6 and LS2 Throttle body. Having it ported out here at port works.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cadispeedster View Post
    Understood, thanks

Might be a habit from the Mazda forum then. Different kind of culture i guess... Just get excited to get a new nice car, ya wanna see what people recommend from experience. I see you have an 06. What you think? I might make a custom cold air first thing and follow up with some sort of exhaust. There's so much to choose from, but I don't think I'll be happy with any of the intakes. I'll post another thread with plenty of pictures. As for the exhaust, I've always liked the QTP cutouts. Which would be great for a future turbo build.

Cheers, and thanks!
    Good post. A lot of info and cheaper ways of doing things. Just search a little then create threads asking more specific questions.

On a side note: I'm heading out for a 'Fat Girl' ride. Maybe I can break something else and add some excitement to the winter boredom. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v View Post
    Cutouts are a great mod to start with! For Cold Air Intake I went with K&N first but then pulled it and sold it for a Volant Intake which I like a lot better, more effective at keeping heat soak out. Most guys keep the OEM airbox and just the intake tube which seems to be highly effective. As for the intake manifold, I'm picking up a 90mm FAST next week to replace my stock LS6 and LS2 Throttle body. Having it ported out here at port works.
    Yeah, the Volant brand seems pretty enticing, but still a few things I would change. I had major heat soak issues with my turbo'd Speed Protege, so I'm very familiar. I'm glad this car doesn't necessarily need a turbo. If so, I'd most likely install the turbo at the back near the muffler and run the hot pipe up to the front. This would be PERFECT! for the QTP cutouts . Turbos get sooo hot... The stock intercooler was about the size of a macaroni box located inside the engine bay. No bueno.
    Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Good post. A lot of info and cheaper ways of doing things. Just search a little then create threads asking more specific questions.

On a side note: I'm heading out for a 'Fat Girl' ride. Maybe I can break something else and add some excitement to the winter boredom. Lol
    Fat girl?? I'll take one for the team I guess... being the new guy and all... ha!

PISNUOFF Guest

The Fat Girl:

Andringa, Andringa, tophat and 1 others like this.

rlj5 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black

Re: Cadispeedster's first thread! NEW MEMBER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadispeedster View Post
    Cool, thanks for the move. It did say new member introductions. But hopefully get more looks now.

Anyways, thread jack my own thread! lol
    How's ammo reloading going with all this stuff going on? I just bought a bunch of ammo and magazines... Glad I did. Prices have more then double, and now might get banned! I'd like to get into that, it's cheaper no? Check out Extreme Shock rounds. Pretty crazy stuff.

Finally have Someone that just might appreciate my AVATAR & you guys try to run him off.........

I don't get on here much a anymore.......But, Welcome to the forum anyway
    F1-A ProCharged LS2/402 Forged w/AFR 225 heads & Fast 92mm intake |Meth | 1-7/8" kooks w/ Corsa |Stage V Trans by RPM w/ 9" Ford IRS |UUC Shifter |Msd shift lite |custom gauge pod w/dual interceptor scan gauges w/wide band |launch control |Line lock |Hre C-20 wheels |GY gsd3's 255/40/18 front & M/T 305/35/18 DR |Kw Coilovers
    Built & Tuned by EPP---------- 864 rwhp / 812 rwtq
    9" IRS built & installed by---- Madman Racing
    http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...view=slideshow

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Some of the old farts here are just sour about being old. Don't mind em too much. I'm going to request old farts also lighten up a bit. New guys not used to the amount of B.S. you guys throw at each other. LOL

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

This is the best thread in a month 'cause it's got some life in it.

Again, welcome, Cadi and love your enthusiasm.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by rlj5 View Post
    Finally have Someone that just might appreciate my AVATAR & you guys try to run him off.........

I don't get on here much a anymore.......But, Welcome to the forum anyway
    "Don't get on here much." THAT'S an understatement.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

rlj5 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    This is the best thread in a month 'cause it's got some life in it.

Again, welcome, Cadi and love your enthusiasm.

----------

"Don't get on here much." THAT'S an understatement.
    Hey Randy, I'm a lot older than you are ......... Takes me awhile to get around....
    rand49er and rand49er like this.
    F1-A ProCharged LS2/402 Forged w/AFR 225 heads & Fast 92mm intake |Meth | 1-7/8" kooks w/ Corsa |Stage V Trans by RPM w/ 9" Ford IRS |UUC Shifter |Msd shift lite |custom gauge pod w/dual interceptor scan gauges w/wide band |launch control |Line lock |Hre C-20 wheels |GY gsd3's 255/40/18 front & M/T 305/35/18 DR |Kw Coilovers
    Built & Tuned by EPP---------- 864 rwhp / 812 rwtq
    9" IRS built & installed by---- Madman Racing
    http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...view=slideshow

Lol! this has been a pretty exciting first thread...

And that fat girl sounds AHHHHHH mazing. Love cutouts! Must be w'holey freakin loud!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Welcome, T O double drizzle.

PISNUOFF Guest

Wow, graced with rlj5's presence on your first thread. Haha. Even TBJS has tamed down in the past two years. I remember when you would get suspended from here at least once every other month.

rlj5 - I've successfully pounded your old QA1 shocks into submission. All have been rebuilt three times due to leaks, one piston shaft broken, the bottom of one shock body broken and currently both fronts have leaked all the fluid out again.

I meant to post this link about the 'Fat Girl' the other day. This was written by another forum member who writes for LSXTV.com and all the other GM online magazines. I've done all my own work as have plenty of other forum members. We are all more than willing to help out with knowledge, excerpts from the service manual, photos and there are plenty of illustrated how-to's on here.

On a side note, NONE of my friends shorten the Fat Girls name to 'TFG'. Lol. Plus I run 275/40's out back not stock 245/45's.

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/feature...e-road-course/

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Wow, that's pretty cool!

In my ignorance, what's Rick's screen name?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.