Maggie IAT's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Maggie IAT's in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I just got an aeroforce gauge for Christmas and have been watching my IATs. They seem to build to 50F ...
    2007V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, maggie

Maggie IAT's

I just got an aeroforce gauge for Christmas and have been watching my IATs. They seem to build to 50F over ambient even when driving easy and I've seen 140f when under boost for a while. Just seems high. I was wondering if those are typical temps.

Also when the bypass valve is open does the air still go through the heat exchanger or is that bypassed as well?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Maggie IAT's

Hopefully, Twitch sees this thread. He's one of the IAT gurus around here. I'm just a bump guru.
    HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

I watch my IATs and they will sit in the 120s during cruising on a warm day. I use meth injection so my IATs actually drop under boost to into the low 100-110 range. I am also running a 2.6 drive pulling so I'm spinning about 9% faster.

The HEX is down in front of the radiator i think you are speaking about the intercooler which is sandwiched between the SC and the intake manifold. I believe the bypass shoots air down straight into the intake manifold.

One Fast V, can I ask what size of methanol nozzle are using and did you adjust the tune for it? I have a small nozzle on there now and I believe the same size pulley but I would need to verify that.

Yeah, sorry intercooler would have been the better term. Basically the IATs are rising even when not in boost so if the air is bypassing the IC as well then I guess it is just heatsoak from the manifold design, well and the intake and engine bay heat as well.

Thanks!

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Regardless of whether or not the bypass valve is being used, the Maggie is still spinning and generating heat and heating up the intake mainfold etc. The intercooler fluid temperature definitely doesn't run much cooler than the iats.

I will find the link for the injector I use for meth but its the cooling mist cm3 nozzle.

That's real similar flow to mine. I just checked and I'm running a the D05 from Devils own, 315cc/min compared to 275cc/min. What is your boost pressure and are you using a controller for the water/meth or just a pressure? Mine just comes on with the the BAP 3psi switch.

Again thanks for the info. I wonder how much water/meth I can give it before it gets too rich.

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    My IATs are right there as well...

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Have any of you guys expiremented with ethanol? Its not going to help IATs but it will help keep predetonation in check.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Here is what we install....only adds 12# app and no reacuring costs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaQRwNmt7lY

www.RevXtreme.com
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

How does a, say, 50-deg decrease in IAT translate to rwhp on a dyno? Anybody ever get these data?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

At 115* the PCM is pulling 1-2 degrees of timing, only 10 or so hp loss. At 150 5-6* and 20-30 loss, at 185 10 plus and 50-60 plus hp loss.

The chiller will bring temos consistantly lower so your tuner can be a bit more aggressive safely and we see 20-50 more rwhp depending on the build/boost.

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    I know my tune is set to pull one degree timing per twenty five degrees of temperature increase... So yea at 180ish I lose around 50-60hp... Sucks

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

With My Maggie, I was usually running in the 113* range. With the E Force, i'm running between 52* - 67* from what I've been seeing. Highest it got was 140* while I was cruising on the highway (29* ambient) and the system drained through a leaking fitting on the HEX. I was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic the other night on I-95 in Baltimore (accident) and the highest it got was 87*.

Edit: I thought each degree of timing advance with FI was worth a lot more HP than that...more in the 20-45 HP range. It sure as hell feels like that much.

The video shown is at ambient temps in the high 70's. The RX SuperChiller in 100* ambient air temps cools 30-50* below ambient air temps.

In the winter with temps in the near or below freezing, the air-water HE will do a great job of keeping IAT temps cool. but no HE can cool to or below ambient air temp.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by 2007V View Post
    I just got an aeroforce gauge for Christmas and have been watching my IATs. They seem to build to 50F over ambient even when driving easy and I've seen 140f when under boost for a while. Just seems high. I was wondering if those are typical temps.

Also when the bypass valve is open does the air still go through the heat exchanger or is that bypassed as well?

Thanks
    I used to see 140* if I was sitting in traffic on a hot day then started getting into boost. Now I'm running meth and changed the thermistor in the IAT sensor (reads temps much faster). Normal driving on a hot day is usually under 120*. I'm in NYC so lots of stop n go.

Personally I like to use the smaller nozzle (don't ask me what size). This way I can use full pressure to better atomize the Meth.

I know the search on this site has gotten worse. But if you can find the thread about the "thermistor mod" it might be something your interested in. It basically reads temps faster and give you a better idea of actual temps. If my car is idling with IATs rising, as soon as I bring the RPMs up to 1500, IAT starts to drop 10* in the first few seconds.

Also: LOVE the interceptor. It gives you so much information.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.