Buying a clutch. McLeod RXT vs Monster stage 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By darkman
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Buying a clutch. McLeod RXT vs Monster stage 3 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Looking to buy a clutch. Thinking either McLeod RXT Street Twin Disc Clutch or monster stage 3. Any other suggestions ...
    dedeaux89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Buying a clutch. McLeod RXT vs Monster stage 3

Looking to buy a clutch. Thinking either McLeod RXT Street Twin Disc Clutch or monster stage 3. Any other suggestions welcome trying to stay @ $1500 or less with lightweight flywheel included.
    Just purchased fast 102 intake fast 102 throttle body fast fuel rails and a 150 shot of nitrous along with a volant cold air intake. I will be putting down over 500rwhp with the spray and 450ish without it. What do y'all think
    Current mods.... PRC 227cc Heads, Tsunami Cam .654/.609 235/240 111 LSA, Mellings High performance oil pump, LS7 lifters, LS2 Timing chain, Texas Speed pushrods, racetronix 42# fuel injectors, comp cams trunian rocker arm upgrade, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, NO CATS, DMH electonic cutouts right after headers, B&M short throw shifter, Rick @ Synergy Motorsports dyno tune 420rwhp

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: Buying a clutch. McLeod RXT vs Monster stage 3

So...do you expect 30ish HP out of the Fast 102/TB? I've heard nothing but good things about the McLeod's, and nothing but bad things about Monster Stage 3 and up.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by FoD View Post
    I've heard nothing but...bad things about Monster Stage 3 and up.
    Agree - several folks on this forum have tried the Monster Stage 3 and have since replaced them because of extreme chatter and/or high rpm shifting problems.
    lilgCTS-V and lilgCTS-V like this.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Are you aware of the group buy I'm organizing for the McLeod RXT? < $800.

I was unaware of that. Count me in I got money ready just wanna purchase asap. Can I upgrade to the light weight flywheel or what do you recommend about flywheel

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Are you aware of the group buy I'm organizing for the McLeod RXT? < $800.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by FoD View Post
    So...do you expect 30ish HP out of the Fast 102/TB? I've heard nothing but good things about the McLeod's, and nothing but bad things about Monster Stage 3 and up.
    I'm thinking 30 horsepower because of my heads and cam. Figure my heads and cam will be less restricted. Is 30hp realistic from intake throttle body and cai?

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

You'll get 20 RWHP if your CAI is excellent and your LS6 intake was unmodified.

Still waiting for pricing on the kit with the steel and aluminum flywheel. We're probably a week or two out before I start taking names.

My ls6 intake was stock. With the fast 102 with matching 102 throttle body andwith a cold air intake I hope 30hp is reasonable. That's an expensive price for only 30 horses but 450hp sounds much better. The average price for a fast 102, fast 102 tb, and the fast fuel rails is in the $1800 range from what ive found. Thats damn near $100 per horsepower if I only get 20hp... That ain't sounding too good
    I'm wanting to buy the clutch this week (like yesterday lol) if possible cause I deploy this month. Is there a way that I can pre pay or preorder mine?

Still waiting for pricing on the kit with the steel and aluminum flywheel. We're probably a week or two out before I start taking names.

Also I'm thinking I wanna get ahold of this Pat G guy and get a cam spec'd for my setup cause I think it might be a better performer than my current Tsunami Cam .654/.609 235/240 111 LSA from what I've read about his custom grind cams. Wonder what specs he will set me up with. How do I get ahold of him?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by dedeaux89 View Post
    Also I'm thinking I wanna get ahold of this Pat G guy and get a cam spec'd for my setup cause I think it might be a better performer than my current Tsunami Cam .654/.609 235/240 111 LSA from what I've read about his custom grind cams. Wonder what specs he will set me up with. How do I get ahold of him?
    http://guerragroup.com/motorsports

Late Apex is offline Cadillac Owners Member

LMK too as I am interested and in the market for a quality clutch & flywheel kit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.