V1 E-Force Thread - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, V1 E-Force Thread in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by DMM Lolly!! If you're really interested in an E-Force I would not worry about the heads...you still ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: V1 E-Force Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DMM View Post
    Lolly!!

If you're really interested in an E-Force I would not worry about the heads...you still have the stock bottom end, correct? You can definitely get a cathedral head version of the supercharger to keep the Mamofied heads, just forge the pistons and rods and drop the compression ratio that way. Just keep in mind that you need to stay around 9.8:1 Max (preferably lower) or it will be a dog to drive on the street. This is what happened to me, I had to pull every bit of timing out of the tune in lower RPM or it would knock pretty hard.
    I know! I totally dig being N/A....but I want/need the extra HP. You know how it is...you get to 400 you want 500. You get to 500 you want 600.

Ya, stock bottom still. If I forge, how many more lbs could I crank up the boost? I read that 8 is max you want to run on a stock engine.

Would my best bet be to go back to stock heads (maybe get em ported?) and sell the Mamo heads/intake? Obviously get a different blower cam.

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    While theres definately some knowledgeable people here I think lots of people (like myself) just regurgitate shit we heard or read. Whitch might be good to get ideas but I think for trying to decide what heads to use and stuff people might wanna talk to an actual ls builder who really knows their shit... just my opinion tho

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

10k for blower and heads...

ranger2525 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v,2003 escalade,2000 corvette conv. 1996 harley, 20

I have talked to Martin @ Tick. Going to go with a set of the trick flow cnc 225s. and a NA cam for now. He says about 110hp gain. When they get this shit sorted out with the TVS I ill change cam profile and get stupid. I have done a katech ls9 clutch, last gen rear end geforce axles 1000hp.
    So besides beafing the T56 and an 8.8 I have done the basics. We will see how long those 2 items and my stock bottom end last.

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Just a bit of an update, I just got pricing on it and I think everyone will be quite pleased, I know I am. I waiting on an email back to finalize the purchase, once I do I'll put up the parts list and vendors name (once I check with him).

philistine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ranger2525 View Post
    I have talked to Martin @ Tick. Going to go with a set of the trick flow cnc 225s. and a NA cam for now. He says about 110hp gain. When they get this shit sorted out with the TVS I ill change cam profile and get stupid. I have done a katech ls9 clutch, last gen rear end geforce axles 1000hp.
    So besides beafing the T56 and an 8.8 I have done the basics. We will see how long those 2 items and my stock bottom end last.
    What combustion chamber? I wonder how these compare with the AFR 215. Apparently Tony 'Mamofied' heads is the way to go searching LS1tech. I've sent him a couple PMs but haven't discussed price - I'm guessing astronomical.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by tommy compton View Post
    Just a bit of an update, I just got pricing on it and I think everyone will be quite pleased, I know I am. I waiting on an email back to finalize the purchase, once I do I'll put up the parts list and vendors name (once I check with him).
    PM that price

Not letting the cat out of the bag untill I have mine purchased, and Vendor OK's it LOL
    philistine likes this.

ranger2525 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v,2003 escalade,2000 corvette conv. 1996 harley, 20

They are the same combustion chamber as the 243s. According to Martin they run these quite often with our ls6 with the TVS 2300 and have awesome results. I am by no means a tuning expert. But There is a guy in my area that has proven results with this setup and his tune according to Martin. Again I am shooting for about 600 whp and he is convinced that with his heads/cam and this guys tune I can achieve my goal.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    I know! I totally dig being N/A....but I want/need the extra HP. You know how it is...you get to 400 you want 500. You get to 500 you want 600.

Ya, stock bottom still. If I forge, how many more lbs could I crank up the boost? I read that 8 is max you want to run on a stock engine.

Would my best bet be to go back to stock heads (maybe get em ported?) and sell the Mamo heads/intake? Obviously get a different blower cam.
    If the tune is correct, you won't need to worry about how much boost. I'm currently at 10 lbs with a lowered SCR (static compression ratio). While not ideal, it's holding together quite well. You could keep the Mamo heads and use them or get ported stock castings. Ported heads do not make near the power difference on FI as they do NA (although they do help) since the runner is pressurized vice being vacuumed by the cylinder.

If you're going this route, plan about $10k as stated.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger2525 View Post
    They are the same combustion chamber as the 243s. According to Martin they run these quite often with our ls6 with the TVS 2300 and have awesome results. I am by no means a tuning expert. But There is a guy in my area that has proven results with this setup and his tune according to Martin. Again I am shooting for about 600 whp and he is convinced that with his heads/cam and this guys tune I can achieve my goal.
    Martin is a bad mofo when it comes to this stuff. However, in my personal experience, daily drivability suffers if you do not reduce the SCR. Changing the DCR (dynamic compression) did nothing to help. Just my experience. Still made good power up top at the expense of feeling like crap during normal driving. I don't need a dyno queen.

If it were me, I'd see what the heads, intake, and cam could go for to help offset the cost and then make the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy compton View Post
    Kudos, Tommy! Glad you have been able to work something out! Will they offer the additional parts to make it a kit or would everyone still have to piece everything out?

It's not a kit, but like you, and thanks to your guidance , a partial kit with only the parts you need or want. Then sourcing out the few odds and ends.
    It appears to be on par with what you paid DMM, maybe even cheaper, I opted for a few extra pieces that you did not so my price was just a tad over. I wanted the coil covers to see if I could make them work. I also ordered the wiring harness, not that I need it either, I already have my stuff rerouted and re wired for what I need. But if ordered without those pieces, price would probably be just under 5k.

2007V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, maggie

Great! so who do we call?

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

1-800-Ghostbusters?

Hook us up man!
    2007V likes this.

Re-subscribing

Patience, I'll give all the info soon enough. I'll post up a parts list and all. I'd rather have the unit in hand and verify 100% fitament, but if others want the info before that, I'll post it up shortly.

Post it! Woohoo

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.