Replacing Rotors and Pads... opinions?? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Replacing Rotors and Pads... opinions?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Sweet baby Jesus... I haven't had cross drilled rotors on anything cuz I'm always weary of cracking but I don't ...
    RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Sweet baby Jesus... I haven't had cross drilled rotors on anything cuz I'm always weary of cracking but I don't drive that hard.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Replacing Rotors and Pads... opinions??

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    You run Hawk HP+ on the track in your V?? With such a heavy beast, I would probably cook those...or maybe I should brake less, since they only slow you down. Hawk HP+ will be fine ins Mistakes on track, but if you use the brakes and at a big track that uses a lot of brakes...I highly recommend going further up the heat range of pads for the track...at least Hawk HT10/14 or more like DTC70 fronts and DTC60 rears.
    If you're on street tires, HP+ is all you need. If you're upping tires, up your pads...

Isaacs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

I'm running Centric blanks, HP+ pads and ATE superblue with no problems. Been through a couple trackday sessions and hard mtn driving with great results. Ordered it thru- http://knsbrakes.com/index.php Decent prices, fast shipping and good customer service.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    If you're on street tires, HP+ is all you need. If you're upping tires, up your pads...
    Maybe for a beginner - intermediate driver. No way, as an Advanced ...or, like I said, I need to learn to brake less. Even in a lighter car, I cooked Hawk HT10 up front (with Hawk Blues on the rear).

FWIW, in my V, I use PFC01 pads up front with Hawk HP+ rears on the track and its been great.

2007V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, maggie

I went OEM rotors and hps pads. OEM pads are much better. The HPS have less dust but I miss the performance.

tshort is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Where is the best place to get OEM rotors and pads? I need to do my brakes also. Can you get them locally or do you need to order them?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

If you can find a local dealer that gives discounts that's great, but I have always found the best prices at Lindsay Cadillac of Alexandria - Call 1-888-894-1729 and ask for Luke.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Luke's prices, with shipping added on, is still going to be cheaper...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.