NEW TO THE V WORLD- what headers/exhaust are the best for the money? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, NEW TO THE V WORLD- what headers/exhaust are the best for the money? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by braaaaphd Completely stock as of now and for milage i'm right around 70k also for install i'm ...
    RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by braaaaphd View Post
    Completely stock as of now and for milage i'm right around 70k also for install i'm not to sure if i trust myself trying to install all of that (being that i'm 16) and what do you think i would pay for the installation?
    The exhaust isn't bad, its just tedious and a little time consuming. You will want to have the entire thing on jack stands or ramps. Most of those headers will need a lot of room under the car in order to wiggle em in there. I did them on my own in like 6 hours. The rest of the exhaust took like 30minutes.

I have stainless works header back exhaust. It sounds awesome and it went together real easy. I had no fitment issues at all

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I had zero fitment issues running B&B headers to a B&B catback. Sounded downright amazing, too...
    PISNUOFF and PISNUOFF like this.

I8URSVT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS-V

Re: NEW TO THE V WORLD- what headers/exhaust are the best for the money?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I had zero fitment issues running B&B headers to a B&B catback. Sounded downright amazing, too...
    cant wait to get mine on

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Best for the pricing... Pacesetters. I don't see how people can downplay them. Kooks makes a 1 3/4, same as Pacesetter... the collector is different, but pricing difference between the two is astronomical. F body guys have no issues with Pacesetters. There's a thread on here with alot of people stating their positive opinions on Pacesetters as well.

I recall reading this on corvetteforums a while back
    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...xperience.html

Although it doesn't apply to every single type of headers made, you shouldn't base your opinion with bigger is better. If it always was, we'd be running 7" exhausts. LOL

An option you can have to conserve money would be pacesetters with either cutouts, or muffler delete.
    LS6 w/ pacesetters & e-cutouts

This is my personal setup (pacesetters with cutouts pre-mufflers, no cats.) This was prior to tune.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    ... Although it doesn't apply to every single type of headers made, you shouldn't base your opinion with bigger is better. If it always was, we'd be running 7" exhausts. LOL ...
    Agreed. I almost always agree with Fuzzy, but on this one point he differs from what I'd always heard, and that is go with the 1-3/4" primaries on NA Vs, and go with the 1-7/8" on FI Vs. Personally, I have 1-3/4" headers because I didn't know I'd be getting a maggie later on.

Whatever you do, you're going to see 20+ hp and the sound will be amazing. B&B all the way back will sound the most manly, but may not pass the wife test. My setup does pass ... barely ... if that matters.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Minytrker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    Why not just buy OBX headers and the OBX high flow cats. on amazon they go for around $600 for both

Thats what I did. Cheapest headers I have ever had and have zero complaints.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Agreed. I almost always agree with Fuzzy, but on this one point he differs from what I'd always heard, and that is go with the 1-3/4" primaries on NA Vs, and go with the 1-7/8" on FI Vs. Personally, I have 1-3/4" headers because I didn't know I'd be getting a maggie later on.

Whatever you do, you're going to see 20+ hp and the sound will be amazing. B&B all the way back will sound the most manly, but may not pass the wife test. My setup does pass ... barely ... if that matters.
    Agreed.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...8-headers.html

But people can and probably will continue to go back and forth with "authoritative" posts that show one thing or another for a long time to come. For instance:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...xperience.html

From my perspective: if you think you'll be upgrading to a larger displacement motor or a blower at some time in the future, go 1-7/8". Future proof your car. Have a plan and stick to it--don't fall into the trap of buying and rebuying and rebuying better and better versions of the same part, because then you're wasting time and money.

I8URSVT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS-V

Will there really be that much left on the table between 1 3/4 and 1 7/8 with 500+rwhp?

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by I8URSVT View Post
    Will there really be that much left on the table between 1 3/4 and 1 7/8 with 500+rwhp?
    I assume that, along with every other intake/exhaust restriction improvement, the bigger your engine's displacement (or equivalently, the higher the boost you drive into it), the greater the benefit you'll realize.

Mn800r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by I8URSVT View Post
    I say hell no! Braap it's good to have another Minnesotan on the forum and welcome!. What puzzles me the most is why a 19 year old would choose a caddy...you have sooo many great options(not that this is a bad one) for having a chick magnet?. Caddy??.. I'm new as of July of this year, newbie too.

Anyway this is a clip I shot just this past month when I parked my V for the winter...I go back to it often as I'm having V withdrawals.. Your going to love the car and spank some tuner ass!. Get your dad involved to build up within reason. I'm slightly mod'd with kooks 1 7/8 no cats magna muffs... Turn up the volume!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R80i1H9xKqs

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Mn800r View Post
    Why can't I get it to play?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Why can't I get it to play?
    Hmmm...I can try using a different link?..let me know if this works..

http://m.youtube.com/?reload=5&rdm=m...%3DR80i1H9xKqs

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

That's louder than i expectd. Still got the stock resonator on there?

----------

That's louder than i expectd. Still got the stock resonator on there?

^^no res...no cats, off road tubes to xpipe then muffs! Rear o2's deprogrammed along with knock sensor deprogrammed due to harmonics from headers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.