DIABLO SPORT Intuner ? does it work on our cars or waist of money ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, DIABLO SPORT Intuner ? does it work on our cars or waist of money ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I have been thinking about a tune since I installed a K&N intake and magnaflow exhaust, possibly headers in coming ...
    V for victory is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V, C5 Corvette, 2013 Dodge Durnago R/T

DIABLO SPORT Intuner ? does it work on our cars or waist of money ?

I have been thinking about a tune since I installed a K&N intake and magnaflow exhaust, possibly headers in coming in 2013! I was looking at the Diablo Intuner I-1000 which shows it's compatable with our V1's along with a host of other GM vehicle's. Is this a good idea for the two things I have done or not? has anyone used this one on their car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rbsesq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts v

Re: DIABLO SPORT Intuner ? does it work on our cars or waist of money ?

I've got the intune from Diablosport. I've used Predators on 3 other cars and they seem to wake the car up quite a bit. Never had it dyno'd though. Lots of guys prefer custom tunes, and I believe you might find a tuner in your area to load it through the intune.

Thanks RB, So are you using the Intuner on your V1 now? and are you using the supplied programs that came with the unit? if so what does it allow youto change or make corrects for, ie: exhaust, intake, plugs, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by rbsesq View Post
    I've got the intune from Diablosport. I've used Predators on 3 other cars and they seem to wake the car up quite a bit. Never had it dyno'd though. Lots of guys prefer custom tunes, and I believe you might find a tuner in your area to load it through the intune.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

It works and with some extra cash you can unlock it for some advanced tuning functions, however the $300 you're going to spend would go a lot further at a Dyno tune Shop. My initial Dyno tune was $400 so for another $100 more than the predator you get a tune that is actually going to net you some results and will be customized to actually account for your mods.

Thanks for the info, I will look into local tuners, Maybe SLP in Toms River, NJ or Nickerson performance in Bristol, PA Spring 2013

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

There are also some guys who do mail order tunes that have a good reputation on LS1tech that may be worth at least checking out:

http://www.hitechtuning.com/

http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/

http://texas-speed.com/p-21-texas-sp...rder-tune.aspx

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.