Hp# vs $ - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hp# vs $ in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by etcts-v Another Seattle guy, come by my shop and I'll edumacate you on lots of good ways ...
    253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v
    Another Seattle guy, come by my shop and I'll edumacate you on lots of good ways to spend money on your car. I did all my own work, heads/cam/clutch/headers/exhaust/bushings/coilovers/sways/grip of exterior and interior mods/ stereo & lots more. I also have HP Tuners and a couple other advanced ODB software diagnostic tools.

FYI a good tuner in the area: http://www.carbconn.com/

Also a 500hp front wheel drive Honda is shit, you can't put that power down in any useful way on front wheel drive IMO.
    Where is your shop? I'm interested in whatever first hand info I can get
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Called the guy at that shop, seemed pretty pricy. Maybe I get someone else to do my exhaust, clutch and mounts and have the do the motor and tune. Idk...

So lots or reading online. And it seems a ls3 may be a better way to go? Forged shot block with shipping for around 3500. I could sell my whole ls6 for 2500-3500 and have my whole budget to build a ls3 stroker? Could this be an option for me?

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Re: Hp# vs $

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    Called the guy at that shop, seemed pretty pricy. Maybe I get someone else to do my exhaust, clutch and mounts and have the do the motor and tune. Idk...
    I'm in North Seattle right next to North Seattle Community College. The shops just at my house, you'll have to bring your ride over, e-mail me at elliot@seattlecustomauto.com

We can knock your exhaust, mounts and clutch out no problem if you don't pull it all out for an LS3!

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    So lots or reading online. And it seems a ls3 may be a better way to go? Forged shot block with shipping for around 3500. I could sell my whole ls6 for 2500-3500 and have my whole budget to build a ls3 stroker? Could this be an option for me?
    Dude, slow down. You need to learn how to walk before you can run.

You have a good, relatively fast car, learn how to drive it the way it is. Go to a drag strip, go to an autocross, go to an actual road course and I'll assume that you will find out that the car is already more than you know how to control.

If all you want is to pay somebody so that you can go out on Saturday night and talk shit about how fast your car is, you'll probably need more than $10k to impress anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa

Dude, slow down. You need to learn how to walk before you can run.

You have a good, relatively fast car, learn how to drive it the way it is. Go to a drag strip, go to an autocross, go to an actual road course and I'll assume that you will find out that the car is already more than you know how to control.

If all you want is to pay somebody so that you can go out on Saturday night and talk shit about how fast your car is, you'll probably need more than $10k to impress anyone.
    As much as I like hearing your opinion of what I should do with my car and time it's not really necessary. I didn't ask how I can be a professional race car driver. So what if I build a fast car that ill never have the ability to push to the limits. I have a 2005 Yamaha r1 that ill never be capable of riding anywhere near the potential that it has. So what? I still like it. I wouldn't wanna trade it for a 600 just because I can't push it to its limits. So while I appreciate your opinion, all your negativity isn't needed.

Yes I know ill end up spending more than 10g on my car. Yes I know I'm going to need a new rear end. But right now for the next few months this is what I have and this is what I'm looking for.
    Hammar, Hammar, HAMSTAR and 1 others like this.

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    An LS3 is definitely a good route to go... Stroker can get you some good power... You won't need retarded mods to the fuel system... I think a single Walbro 255 would suffice which is a direct fit in the basket. You'll still be spending some coin though... Heads, intake, exhaust won't be cheap

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Skidmarcx View Post
    An LS3 is definitely a good route to go... Stroker can get you some good power... You won't need retarded mods to the fuel system... I think a single Walbro 255 would suffice which is a direct fit in the basket. You'll still be spending some coin though... Heads, intake, exhaust won't be cheap
    You couldn't possibly be any more wrong about the fuel pump. But don't listen to me--talk to some of the guys making 600+ RWHP.

True making 600 at the wheels would require more pump... But with a boost a pump it would still support a good amount of power to start...

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    You couldn't possibly be any more wrong about the fuel pump. But don't listen to me--talk to some of the guys making 600+ RWHP.
    Truth - unfortunately

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidmarcx View Post
    True making 600 at the wheels would require more pump... But with a boost a pump it would still support a good amount of power to start...
    Sorry you posted moments before I did. BAP will work up to a point but if you are going big hp I would look at other pump solutions. Unfortunately I got into my build naively (at least on the fueling side ) so changes they are a comin'

I'm just giving ideas... People tend to rethink their goals when they find out how much money and work is involved with setting up a high HP fuel system in these cars... The 255 is easy and cheap and it will get the car rolling with some good numbers with an ls3... Perhaps not a stroker setup thats probably not realistic as mentioned... And with caution the stock rear will hold up... With a limited budget what do you do first??

Quote Originally Posted by Skidmarcx
    I'm just giving ideas... People tend to rethink their goals when they find out how much money and work is involved with setting up a high HP fuel system in these cars... The 255 is easy and cheap and it will get the car rolling with some good numbers with an ls3... Perhaps not a stroker setup thats probably not realistic as mentioned... And with caution the stock rear will hold up... With a limited budget what do you do first??
    Exactly (about the budget lol) " yeah my car, stock hp. But that rear end... That thing can handle 1000hp..." Lol. I do appreciate all the ideas and constructive criticism though.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

All the thrashing you "V" guys do with superchargers, turbos, and the Lord knows what else makes a guy appreciate even more what Robert Yates, Hendrick, Childress, and the rest of the NASCAR engine builders have accomplished. Consistant rumors abound that they are getting very close to 1000 FWHP normally aspirated and with most of the established teams failures are uncommon. All it takes is cubic money.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Bah.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.