Hp# vs $ - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hp# vs $ in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by I8URSVT maggie is maxed out at ~500ish. I'm looking into eventually doing an LS3 top end and ...
    253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by I8URSVT
    maggie is maxed out at ~500ish. I'm looking into eventually doing an LS3 top end and then going with an E-force supercharger (I've got a LS2 not an LS6). its bigger and you can run more boost without maxing it out. But you will likely need to upgrade the internals to handle the higher boost...and if your upgradding internals then you might as well go stroker...it just snowballs.

best advice is to do as much research as you can and only do things once and the way you want it the first time. make sure your combo will work well together. If you cant figure it out, make sure you pay someone who knows what they are doing...last thing you want is to spend all that money and then blow it up and have nothing and start all over.
    Thanks. That's exactly what I'd like to do!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Hp# vs $

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    Well I'm a guy and I'm 27 and I want a fast bad ass car. I can't have some d bag rolling up next to me in a 500hp Honda running his mouth (I know one) I know other things will come in the next few years as far as handling and i know ill need to drop some cash on a rear end too. As far as noise I'm not sure what I'd upgrade there I want it to be louder. Cosmetics, I want to get all the chrome and wheels black chrome and windows tinted, the car is more or less pleasing to the eye already. So I'm not really sure what you mean by "waste of money". Unless your talking about waiting to upgrade suspension?
    Just a heads up, a Honda making 500hp has a high probability of beating a V making 500hp. It would possibly beat a V making 600hp due to weight differences. This of course is assuming its built correct with a good power curve.

What did you mean by 'Chrome'? Please don't tell me chrome mirrors, chrome vents, etc. LOL

I'd go heads/cam/headers/tune. This will add power AND will upgrade your exhaust sound both. This seems to be exactly what you are looking for. Maybe you should check youtube for some heads\cam CTS-Vs with muffler deletes or cutouts.

Here's a nasty lil V
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LyHF-gOiM0

I've never seen a headers\cam combo make less then 400rwhp on dyno in either the LS6 or LS2. Ever.
    Its truly something worth considering, and for the money your looking to spend, it falls perfect in your budget.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Yeah that's why I was hoping for closer to 700 :/

Not chrome everything lol. I want to get the wheels and everything that's already chrome done in black chrome. Someone had their wheels done black chrome on here and I thought it would look good to get the grille and other chrome done the same...

So if i went cam, heads exhaust how much rwhp could i expect. and if i wanted a supercharger too how much more could i get?

fej
    fej is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Thunder Gray CTS-V
    First RWD car and you want 700whp? Take lots of pictures and save your receipts as you may be calling your insurance agent.

IMO I would suggest a well thought out heads/intake/exhaust package with a cam choice that will work N/A. Something a reputable tuner has done before and made 4xx rwhp with. A cam swap later when moving to a charger isn't a huge deal.

Take a couple of thousand in your budget and do some driving schools or some autocross or track time to learn the limits you have now in the car near stock to gain the experience to keep big power on the road not in a ditch. Ton of you tube videos of big HP cars with drivers running out of talent.

G'luck
    Fej
    odthetruth and odthetruth like this.

Thanks man. I was actually thinking about some driving courses...

dedeaux89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

You need to get a new platform. Sell your car take your cash and get the new CTS-V or a bad ass corvette. I haven't even seen a 700 hp V1 CTS-V on these forums or any other forum. Beating a 500 hp honda won't make your d*ck any bigger or really mean anything. Our vehicles are pretty limited unless you spend f*ck tons upon f*ck tons of money. Get to the 500rwhp mark and be happy and just have a good solid fast sedan. There will always be a car faster than yours out there so accept that and enjoy what you have and can afford.

runsfromdacops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V built 383. 875/860RW pump/met

piston and rod motor. head studs. and a f1r with a cog setup and you can have your 700-800 whp ctsv.but your going to be in it at the low end 12-17k. and you still need a clutch and a good rear end.
    im not trying to tell you its out of you reach or cant be done as i my self am doing a twin turbo V and im shooting for 1k whp. but i have a shit ton of $$ i my car

-alex

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by runsfromdacops View Post
    piston and rod motor. head studs. and a f1r with a cog setup and you can have your 700-800 whp ctsv.but your going to be in it at the low end 12-17k. and you still need a clutch and a good rear end.
    im not trying to tell you its out of you reach or cant be done as i my self am doing a twin turbo V and im shooting for 1k whp. but i have a shit ton of $$ i my car

-alex
    Spoken like someone who has no idea how to accomplish any of what he just said.

Go talk to the guys who have invested $30,000 to $50,000 trying to exceed 750 RWHP on their builds. Once you get beyond building a $9,000 forged and balanced 416 CID LS3 motor, and buying and/or custom fabricating your $7,000 to $12,000 TVS2300, 3.3L Whipple, or Procharger F1A setup, you have to account for the cost of having your entire drivetrain (clutch, transmission, driveshaft, differential, and axles) rebuilt to the highest possible standards, plus fueling (a nightmare in itself), which will run you at least another thousand dollars. The prerequisite for even STARTING that build is custom wheels and suspension to manage that kind of power is a safe manner. Only one person, as far as I know, has ever exceeded 800 RWHP on a first generation CTS-V. I'll let him speak for himself, should he choose to show up on this thread. This is what his CTS-V wound up looking like:

You guys have a very, very long way to go. Some of you don't even know how to get into the gas tank yet, let alone designing your own custom surge tank with dual integrated inline Bosch 044 pumps fed by a regulatorless feed pump and -8 AN (1/2") plumbing.

Nice car. Guess the general consensus is I shoot for 4-500 range and save my pennies for a v2. Thanks for your input everyone

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    Nice car. Guess the general consensus is I shoot for 4-500 range and save my pennies for a v2. Thanks for your input everyone
    And don't over-cam it. Go for power under the curve. Peak HP is for goons.

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR

And don't over-cam it. Go for power under the curve. Peak HP is for goons.
    Makes sense. Thanks

----------

So does anyone have a good setup to recommend? And or a shop in western wa?

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by dedeaux89 View Post
    You need to get a new platform. Sell your car take your cash and get the new CTS-V or a bad ass corvette. I haven't even seen a 700 hp V1 CTS-V on these forums or any other forum. Beating a 500 hp honda won't make your d*ck any bigger or really mean anything. Our vehicles are pretty limited unless you spend f*ck tons upon f*ck tons of money. Get to the 500rwhp mark and be happy and just have a good solid fast sedan. There will always be a car faster than yours out there so accept that and enjoy what you have and can afford.
    LStech has at least 1 guy making 800whp with prochargers.. Jweymar on this site makes 640whp with an LS3 and eforce.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Another Seattle guy, come by my shop and I'll edumacate you on lots of good ways to spend money on your car. I did all my own work, heads/cam/clutch/headers/exhaust/bushings/coilovers/sways/grip of exterior and interior mods/ stereo & lots more. I also have HP Tuners and a couple other advanced ODB software diagnostic tools.

FYI a good tuner in the area: http://www.carbconn.com/

Also a 500hp front wheel drive Honda is shit, you can't put that power down in any useful way on front wheel drive IMO.

Sweet thanks man ill check it out after work. And i know about the Hondas, that's why I went american

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Also this guy is down in Vancouver but is one of the best LS guys in the area, comes highly recommended by the Corvette guys, especially for engine builds. He did my Dyno tune, which left something to be desired, but I would recommended him for builds or cam/head swaps, super nice guy. Check out his facebook page and you'll see pics of a bunch of builds including a few V2's: http://www.wongsperformance.com/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.