Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorsports)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorsports) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; As discussed in this thread , Vorshlag Motorsports makes upgraded strut/shock top mounts for a variety of vehicles. I believe ...
    AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Cool Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorsports)

As discussed in this thread, Vorshlag Motorsports makes upgraded strut/shock top mounts for a variety of vehicles. I believe they got their start in the Bimmer world, but they've been gradually expanding their offerings, and now offer parts for Mustangs, Vettes, F-bodies, STIs, etc etc.

I contacted Vorshlag about doing a rear shock top mount for the 1st gen CTS/CTS-V. The response I got was positive - a rear mount is already on their list for product development, and they may do a front top mount as well. However, they need a stock top mount to take measurements off of.

So, anyone got a top mount sitting around that they can loan to Vorshlag? A UPS shipping label will be provided, and I assume they'll return the top mount once they've got the measurements. I know there are folks that have installed the Pfadt Corvette top mounts, so maybe one of you can donate? Or how about someone that has installed KSport coilovers? I think those include new top mounts (but I could be wrong).

If you've got a top mount you can provide, please reply here (rather than PMing me) and I'll put you in touch with the guy @ Vorshlag. Thanks!
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorspor

I might have one (depending on what you need), since I recently reinstalled my MightyMouse kit.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Re: Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorspor

I believe I have a top mount sitting around as well, I'll check this evening and post a pic of what I have.

I'm looking for the red circled bit.
    Attached Images

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I've got those. Most of them, anyway, because I think the Ground Control installation might replace some of the hardware stacked on top.

01Cummins is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I have a spare, bought a used rear shock and it came with the shock..

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

I also have a spare. PM me if you need it.

Thanks for the responses!

I found this other picture from my KW install:

I think we would want to give Vorshlag everything on the right - not the nut, but the big black washer, the top mount, and the insert/spacer thingy to the left of the top mount. The big silver washer that is visible in the first picture I posted earlier today came with the KWs, as seen in this shot, so that's not something that would need to be sent to them.

So, which one of you 3 has all 3 of those pieces?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Thanks for the responses!

I think we would want to give Vorshlag everything on the right - not the nut, but the big black washer, the top mount, and the insert/spacer thingy to the left of the top mount. The big silver washer that is visible in the first picture I posted earlier today came with the KWs, as seen in this shot, so that's not something that would need to be sent to them.

So, which one of you 3 has all 3 of those pieces?
    I will confirm tonight but I should have all three as I recently swapped in d2 coil overs and they have all new top mounts.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

I probably have that stuff in boxes. Its just a pain to get to right now. I'll check just in case.

BTW Pat, why don't you check with Angelo @ Anze. I think he already has those mounts made up...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    I will confirm tonight but I should have all three as I recently swapped in d2 coil overs and they have all new top mounts.
    Roger that, PM sent (and response received).

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    BTW Pat, why don't you check with Angelo @ Anze. I think he already has those mounts made up...
    The only pics I've seen were the clevis style ones you're running with your super whamodyne race setup.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    The only pics I've seen were the clevis style ones you're running with your super whamodyne race setup.
    LOL, I know, but I had discussed this with him previously. There won't be any pictures around but IIRC he can do them. Won't hurt to put a call in...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

dboydr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Is the top shock mount the same on the CTS 3.6L (FE1) and it is on the CTS-V (FE4)?

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Literally just threw one away 2 days ago. Subscribed for outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy compton View Post
    Literally just threw one away 2 days ago. Subscribed for outcome.
    I sent Vorshlag one of my mounts about December last year. I haven't heard anything lately.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.