Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorsports) - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorsports) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So this kit will make the rear more planted? Does it help with cornering? If I'm not tracking, does this ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorspor

So this kit will make the rear more planted? Does it help with cornering?

If I'm not tracking, does this benefit me?

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorspor

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post

They will make it feel more "planted" and also make the suspension work as it should.

Cornering?

Depends on how fast and how much load is on the rear, if it lets go (the rear) it probably won't be because of these, although you get rid of any rubber "wind up".

I don't track my car, just mod the crap out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    They will make it feel more "planted" and also make the suspension work as it should.

I don't track my car, just mod the crap out of it.
    What hinders (or doesn't work the way it should) the suspension in it's current form?

Yes...mod, mod, and then mod some more!

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

The rubber stuff "dampens" the shock valving and allows a lag in reaction.

The more you get rid of the rubber band stuff the more chance you have of it not "letting go" at an inopportune moment.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Responsiveness, is the point. Redundant rubber bushings provide you with a luxury car ride, but allow for a lot of "lag time" in the reaction of the suspension and drivetrain. Replacing rubber with anything more rigid, be it polymers or steel, will make the car react more quickly. You sacrafice the luxury ride somewhat, for more of the sports car feel of the road, but you also get the sports car responsiveness. And in these lumbering giants, any help is welcome and worth it.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post

Spherical RSMs eliminate the lateral loading (or bending moment) that fixed RSMs inflict on shocks.

Any complete, high-end coilover kit will include spherical RSMs, both to promote longevity of the seals on the shock (you're not jamming the shaft against one side), and because it frees the suspension to behave linearly with respect to applied load, as it should. Does that make sense?

The thing that DavidBoren is talking about is not supposed to be a benefit of upgrading, but is because GM effed up. If you look at my pictures on the previous page, you'll note that any shock movement has to go through something like 2" of rubber, which can also twist and distort in unpredictable ways. As you probably already know, suspension is designed to respond to changing conditions by changing the angle at which the wheel meets the road. With a big block of rubber "interpreting" each and every mechanical load on the behalf of the suspension, you may not get the kind of traction that, in an ideal world, you should.

This is just another one of those minor, supporting modifications that when combined with a few others results in "more than the sum of its parts" situation.

I'm still hoping that Revshift puts out a lower shock mount in 95A polyurethane, similar to Creative Steel's product. That'd be the other piece of the puzzle.

OK got it, thanks fellas.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Fuzzy,

How are you liking them?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    Fuzzy,

How are you liking them?
    Good so far. Had to re-tighten a couple of bolts after the first couple of days of driving. I'll have more information this weekend.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Staying tuned.

CTSVLSX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I already installed KW3's on the car, will this help on top of, or be better than, what came with the KWs?

Quote Originally Posted by CTSVLSX View Post
    I already installed KW3's on the car, will this help on top of, or be better than, what came with the KWs?
    Yes. See above. The KW Variant 3 kit uses the static rear shock mounts (RSMs) that came with the CTS-V. This spherical RSM is a minor, yet useful upgrade to ensure that your shocks behave linearly throughout their range of travel.

CTSVLSX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Nice, count me in if there's a group buy. I'm on a quest to get rid of the movement in the rear, because I do track the car

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

+1 on gb though i don't really like gb's in general

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    I am interested in these with or without the group buy. I didn't see these on their webpage. Did I miss it or do I need to just call them?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.