Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorsports) - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorsports) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by heavymetals I hate it when a vendor thinks they are doing me a favor selling me their ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorspor

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    I hate it when a vendor thinks they are doing me a favor selling me their product.
    Preach it brother!!!
    heavymetals and heavymetals like this.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorspor

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Thanks to heavy for the initial lead and to you for doing the legwork!
    I gave several leads to several RSM suppliers.

Banski (any relation to the artist?) happens to make a C5 RSM, so I know that will work in the V.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

I gave several leads to several RSM suppliers.

Banski (any relation to the artist?) happens to make a C5 RSM, so I know that will work in the V.
    Actually, the C5 RSM doesn't include an eyeball plate, so it won't work on the CTS-V.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Actually, the C5 RSM doesn't include an eyeball plate, so it won't work on the CTS-V.
    It will if you get the eyeball plate.

It won't work in the C5 without the plate either.

If you bother to read, I said you need the C5 plate.

The V1 plate center hole is a bigger diameter then the C5's (I believe), however the dimensions and mounting hole(s) placement is the same as a C5 (that I know).

It will if you get the eyeball plate.

It won't work in the C5 without the plate either.

If you bother to read, I said you need the C5 plate.
    Based on my concersation with Tom, it sounds like the C5 doesn't need/use the eyeball plate. They interface directly with the mushroom & cap assembly. I can only surmise that a lot of vendors include a C4 eyeball plate with their kits for convenience.

The C5 doesn't need/use the eyeball plate at all. It sounds like a lot of vendors include a C4 eyeball plate with their kits for convenience and because they're easy to make.
    You are wrong.

You need the plate to hold the bearing and mount to the frame.

It doesn't work to well not mounted to the frame with the shock floating.

You should do some research on C5 suspensions.

There is a reason why it is called a Rear Shock Mount.

----------

Based on my concersation with Tom, it sounds like the C5 doesn't need/use the eyeball plate. They interface directly with the mushroom & cap assembly. I can only surmise that a lot of vendors include a C4 eyeball plate with their kits for convenience.
    Ya know what?

I am not hear to argue a point that you obviously don't know anything about.

Take a look at the AST C5 RSM and tell me there is no eyeball.

When you get and install a pair of RSM ( with spherical bearings) take some measurements.
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

You are wrong.

You need the plate to hold the bearing and mount to the frame.

It doesn't work to well not mounted to the frame with the shock floating.

You should do some research on C5 suspensions.

There is a reason why it is called a Rear Shock Mount.
    When I asked for a comparison to their C4/C5 part, but specifically referenced the C5 compatibility, Tom said that I actually needed the C4 design. If you want to argue with someone, argue with him. We both agree that the CTS-V require an eyeball plate. Design details regarding the C5 are irrelevant from here on out.

By the way, you might want to note that I was already in contact before you Googled them and posted it up on this forum. So the forum-ites that are attributing 50% of the credit for this idea to you are incorrect. I wasn't going to bring it up until you started waving your e-peen around.

HAHAHAHA

And CF people wonder why I hang around LS1.

Ya Fuzzy, I stole all your glory.

Insulting the intelligence of the entire forum won't get you anywhere. We're all on both forums.

Insulting the intelligence of the entire forum won't get you anywhere. We're all on both forums.
    Your lack of intelligence is the only thing that cries out to be insulted.

What else did you not post that you want to take credit for?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

odla and odla like this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Good stuff coming. Tom (president) and I have been trading measurements and CAD drawings to ensure a perfect fit. Should have more tonight and tomorrow--my schedule for today is filled with work and grad school.
    Did anything ever come of this, Fuzzy? I sourced an extra set of stock upper mounts from a FS thread over on LS1tech. Not sure if I even need those to make the Banski pieces work, but I have them just in case.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Did anything ever come of this, Fuzzy? I sourced an extra set of stock upper mounts from a FS thread over on LS1tech. Not sure if I even need those to make the Banski pieces work, but I have them just in case.
    Yes. I let the issue drop after Heavymetals crashed the thread, but I recently began talking to Tom again. First and second blush is that the C4 part will be a direct fit, but we need to square away a potential issue with the side through-bolts on the eyeball plate before I put up an official group buy thread. The good news is that the solution will be a perfect replacement for the OEM part and include all necessary hardware (Grade 8 / Class 10.9). You can help me out by expressing your intention to buy a set, if that's what you plan to do, so that I can get a headcount and we can get these parts delivered to your doorsteps in the next couple of weeks.

I will definitely buy a set. I can send him one of these CTS-V parts to compare to, if that would help.

I will definitely buy a set. I can send him one of these CTS-V parts to compare to, if that would help.
    It's already taken care of.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.