Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorsports)

19K views 91 replies 21 participants last post by  AAIIIC 
#1 ·
As discussed in this thread, Vorshlag Motorsports makes upgraded strut/shock top mounts for a variety of vehicles. I believe they got their start in the Bimmer world, but they've been gradually expanding their offerings, and now offer parts for Mustangs, Vettes, F-bodies, STIs, etc etc.

I contacted Vorshlag about doing a rear shock top mount for the 1st gen CTS/CTS-V. The response I got was positive - a rear mount is already on their list for product development, and they may do a front top mount as well. However, they need a stock top mount to take measurements off of.

So, anyone got a top mount sitting around that they can loan to Vorshlag? A UPS shipping label will be provided, and I assume they'll return the top mount once they've got the measurements. I know there are folks that have installed the Pfadt Corvette top mounts, so maybe one of you can donate? Or how about someone that has installed KSport coilovers? I think those include new top mounts (but I could be wrong).

If you've got a top mount you can provide, please reply here (rather than PMing me) and I'll put you in touch with the guy @ Vorshlag. Thanks!

#46 ·
unless they're really high priced, I'm in

#47 ·
You could order a set from BANSKI and ask for a couple of extra eyeball plates and split the order (the set from Banski is for front and back Vette) with someone else.

About $300 for the set so I figure the extra plates might be at the most $50.00 extra.

So...

I figure about $175.00 a pair.

http://banskimotorsports.com/Pin_Top_Shock_Mounts.html

Bottom of page C4 set.

#51 ·
The spherical rod end shock mounts would definitely be more of a track thing, right? Not something one would want on their daily driver... are they?

For my daily driver I was thinking about just using Creative Steel lower rear shock mounts, and the Mighty Mouse plates without the spacers on the top. But if spherical rod end mounts wouldnt be too harsh, I could see myself getting a set.

#55 ·
My plan is to replace all the squishy rubber bushings with Creative Steel and RevShift poly bushings. And get pretty much everything BMR offers (toe rods, trailing arms, pinion brace, anti wheel hop kit). Looking at getting a one-piece aluminum driveshaft so I dont have to worry about flex discs anymore.

I was SO excited when I found the Ultra Racing chassis braces, but after a couple emails, I found out they are actually for V2's, even though they advertise for the 2007 model year. :( Now I have no idea who makes V1 under belly braces. Does anyone still offer a V1 rear strut tower brace?

I want this thing rigid. No uni-body flex. No rubber band suspension. But it still needs to behave well as a daily driver.

#58 · (Edited)
The prototype has arrived. Check out the draft instructions--it should give you a good idea of how it fits together. I will be installing it this weekend and providing feedback to Tom, both on its fitment and the manual. If things are good, I'll run a group buy immediately for you guys. Expect more pictures later.

View attachment 127362

A65 Onboard Flash

No Flash

#65 ·
Responsiveness, is the point. Redundant rubber bushings provide you with a luxury car ride, but allow for a lot of "lag time" in the reaction of the suspension and drivetrain. Replacing rubber with anything more rigid, be it polymers or steel, will make the car react more quickly. You sacrafice the luxury ride somewhat, for more of the sports car feel of the road, but you also get the sports car responsiveness. And in these lumbering giants, any help is welcome and worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.