Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorsports) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorsports) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just realized how old this thread is.......
    tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Re: Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorspor

Just realized how old this thread is....

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Needed: Stock rear shock top mount (for upgrade design work by Vorshlag Motorspor

They're in the design and testing process. They should have something to test out early this month (based on the word I got from them a few weeks ago).
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

dboydr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

I dont mean to steal the thread, but I am in dire need of two of these upper mounts for the FE4 shocks. I bought shocks and they did not come with them.
    PLEASE!!!!

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

What rubbish.

All Vorshlag has to do is make the AST RSM for the C5 available.

It will directly fit the CTS-V1.

To give you some background, I contacted Vorshlag early last year looking for a replacement for the PADFT's I had (no longer in production).

The AST is available, but you have to buy the whole suspension package.

For some ridiculous reason, the Vorshlag rep accused me of trying to rip off their design.

You might contact:

http://store.langracing.com/rear-sho...earings-10-mm/

Maybe they can build one with the right footprint.

This guy makes one for the C4 & C5 so it should be a direct fit.

http://banskimotorsports.com/Pin_Top_Shock_Mounts.html

I
    n case you want to know, spherical RSM's do make a difference. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    What rubbish.

All Vorshlag has to do is make the AST RSM for the C5 available.

It will directly fit the CTS-V1.
    Vorshlag doesn't own AST, and doesn't own that part, so that's not their decision to make.

This guy makes one for the C4 & C5 so it should be a direct fit.

http://banskimotorsports.com/Pin_Top_Shock_Mounts.html
    That looks promising.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Vorshlag is not AST, but it could request AST sell the mount separate and not tie it to a whole suspension package.

As far as having to create a special part for the V1, that is BS.

Spherical RSM's are not rocket science.

If it fits a C5, it will fit a V1 (rear).

The only difference from the C5 (CTS-V1) and the BMW and Porsche mounts is the base plate footprint.

A 10 mm shaft hole.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Technically, you might even be able to use the MightyMouse plate, if the center hole was adequately sized.

Vorshlag is not AST, but it could request AST sell the mount separate and not tie it to a whole suspension package.
    Perhaps they have and AST said NO?

Has anyone asked KSport/D2/whoever? Don't their coil-overs come with new top mounts?

As far as having to create a special part for the V1, that is BS.

Spherical RSM's are not rocket science.
    I guess that explains why there's such a glut of these on the market. We were all frothing at the mouth when it was determined that the Pfadt ones would work, but apparently they were discontinued about the time that was figured out. Despite interest from a number of us, I haven't seen any other solutions discussed since then until that Banski link you posted. Apparently it's not a very popular product amongst the Vette guys, let alone our little V community. Even the Banski product is not a sure thing for the CTS - one would have to deconstruct a stock top mount to see if those Banski ones would work. If they don't, you're kind of stuck since you can't order just the top mount from the dealer and there doesn't seem to be an aftermarket replacement.

I'm talking to the president of Banski and will let you know shortly if the dimensions are correct. If they are correct, I will set up a group buy across CF and LS1Tech.

Price will be $120 + shipping for 2 mounts if we get 5 people and $90 + shipping for 2 mounts if we get 10 people. Shipping is USPS Priority Flat Rate @ $5. Hope to know more tonight or tomorrow morning.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

D2 coilovers do indeed come with a new rear shock mount.

Specialized race car parts you need to do a lot of searching for.

As for RSM, there is a glut, just not a lot for the C5/ CTS-V1, but there are a few.

The only difference is the base plate.

You just have to look and in the right places.

I was lucky enough to get a pair of the PADFTs for the C5 before they stopped making them.

The dimensions are the same for the CTS-V1 RSM.

How do I know this?

The PADFT required you to have a C5 top shock mount to tear apart and use the baseplate for the spherical bearing as they did not include the baseplate.

That baseplate is the same dimension as required by the CTS-V1.

I installed it in mine and IT FITS.

You're welcome for the Banski link.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    I'm talking to the president of Banski and will let you know shortly if the dimensions are correct. If they are correct, I will set up a group buy across CF and LS1Tech.

Price will be $120 + shipping for 2 mounts if we get 5 people and $90 + shipping for 2 mounts if we get 10 people. Shipping is USPS Priority Flat Rate @ $5. Hope to know more tonight or tomorrow morning.
    Good for you!

I'll take a pair.

AST can go pound sand.

I hate it when a vendor thinks they are doing me a favor selling me their product.

Good stuff coming. Tom (president) and I have been trading measurements and CAD drawings to ensure a perfect fit. Should have more tonight and tomorrow--my schedule for today is filled with work and grad school.

Plan on the group buy starting (at the latest) Monday and ending next Friday.

Thanks to heavy for the initial lead and to you for doing the legwork!
    heavymetals and heavymetals like this.

For information only: CAD drawing of C5 and C4 shock mounts attached.

C4 eyeball plate drawing includes caliper measurements taken from OEM CTS-V RSM (right side) versus actual C4 plate dimensions (left side). Need to update with measurements taken directly from car body. ETA on measurements: Friday night.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

What would the benefit be of getting these? Just asking so i can see if i'm in on the group buy if it happens.

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.