T56 Bandaids Prepped - Ready to Rock! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, T56 Bandaids Prepped - Ready to Rock! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I will pay and handsome fee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those parts look awesome and remember reading some threads about the pvc side linkage. ...
    jmsweetv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: T56 Bandaids Prepped - Ready to Rock!

I will pay and handsome fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those parts look awesome and remember reading some threads about the pvc side linkage.

Not to sound like an unappreciative impatient ***hole but i'm in when ya'll figure out price.

Wish I had the ability to come up with something awesome to contribute...other than money.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

That center linkage arm wouldn't work. I'd bet money on that.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    That center linkage arm wouldn't work. I'd bet money on that.
    Can you explain more? I'm getting ready to drop my tranny and am trying to get all the info I can to get that last bit of slop out.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Center linkage arm is too short from the first post. I wouldn't go that route with the linkage arm at all. Trust me. Everything else looks good.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I'm on travel, so I don't have much time to write, but suffice it to say that the center linkage arm in my original picture is not required and would not fit anyway.

I wrote most of this up on the LS1Tech forums already, but to recap:

- Based on Cadzilla's original thread on LS1Tech, I subjected te center linkage pin to extreme scrutiny. On my shifter, the pin barely moved in its hole, so I did not feel that welding it in place was necessary.

- I replaced the plastic shifter cup with the #95 brass cup. Unless your cup is broken, it shouldn't have any effect on shifter slop. It is "merely" a durability upgrade.

- I also evaluated the "Anti-Venom" mod. After looking at the shifter detent assembly and experimenting with several copper crush washers, I came to the conclusion that any deviation from the stock design would result in very sloppy shifting characteristics. My detent ball and spring were in excellent condition. If yours is seized, I would buy a whole new assembly instead of just the ball and spring, since it's not obvious how to service the detent assembly. I looked and looked for instructions to no avail.

- The big two winners were the Home Depot mod and PISNUOFF's brass replacement bushing for the rear part of the center linkage arm. They really, really tightened up the shifter and added zero additional vibration. Advice: even though you only need four bushing pieces from Home Depot, buy 6-8. You'll find that their manufacturing tolerances result in some pieces that fit like a glove and others that are just a touch looser than you'd like. They're only like 48 cents apiece, so you can afford to buy a few extra. . Also, having a press on hand (e.g. a $30 bench vise) is very useful when it comes to jamming the metal cores from the stock rubber bushings into the PVC Home Depot bushings.

- The Creative Steel shifter bushings are terrible. Get the UUC ones from Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac. I bought a set of Creativr Steel ones in advance to compare to my old UUC bushings and was stunned at how poorly fabricated and soft the Creative Steel units were. They might actually be worse than stock!

So you will or will not gather these parts along with instructions for my lazy a$$ once you testing is complete?

----------

Nevermind, I guess I should have read the post all the way through. Thanks for the R&D! I already have Brian's shifter and center bushing along with the UUC bushings. I was hoping to try and clean up anything I could on the other end of the linkage.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Assorted pictures below. Sorry for the lack of proper chronological documentation--it started raining and I just wanted to get the effing thing finished.

Fresh OEM center rear linkage bushing (goes into base of shifter) vs 7 year old unit

View into T56 shifter assembly with no plastic or brass #95 cup installed

Home Depot side front linkage rail bushings vs rubber OEM

UUC side rear linkage rail bushings (installed) versus Creative Steel

----------

See these threads for a discussion of the pin and the brass PISNUOFF center bushing, plus everything else I talked about earlier:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...shifter-2.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2841048

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.