REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Anybody have any experience with these? https://www.revshift.com/shop/cadill...n-bushings.php Better than BMR?...
    etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings

Anybody have any experience with these?

https://www.revshift.com/shop/cadill...n-bushings.php

Better than BMR?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

V for victory is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V, C5 Corvette, 2013 Dodge Durnago R/T

Re: REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings

These must be a brand new item they manufacture. I swear they weren't on their website two days ago when I was looking at the new Differential bushing. I contacted them yesterday by email and they said they are putting together a "how to" photo and description tutorial for the Diff mount, I also wonder it they will make the Diff block like CS does?

thefulmonty_07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

No one has, they just came out with them and put them on the site a few hours ago.

barrok69 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

Is it common for the stock rear diff bushings to fail or get worn out?
    I'm only wondering because if they don't wear out or fail then adding that extra stiffness to the rear will only move the energy to the front bushing which by design is very weak and subject to significant loads causing it to fail even sooner (even with an upgraded poly bushing).

I could be wrong as I'm not sure how much deflection is allowed from the rear of the diff. All I know is with the CS front diff bushing, pinion brace and block in place I'm still "clunking" under certain conditions meaning stuff is still moving around back there.

My goal is to get some video at some point under the car to see what's going.

These bushings may do the trick though if the stockers are super soft and allowing all that deflection to happen in the first place. Who will be the guinea pig!?!

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by V for victory View Post
    I also wonder it they will make the Diff block like CS does?
    No, we will not. It is not necessary with our diff bushing.

Quote Originally Posted by barrok69 View Post
    Is it common for the stock rear diff bushings to fail or get worn out?
    The two rear diff bushings don't wear out nearly as often as the front diff bushing. We are working on the rear bushings, though. We are addressing every bushing on the car.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    So these work for all v1 model years ( including 06 and 07)? I thought the cradles were different for pre and post 06 and therefore require different bushings. Also, for a V with 650 to 700whp would you recommend the red or blue? I'd love to get all of my bushings replaced (except motor mounts) over the thanksgiving holidays so I need to purchase today.

Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    So these work for all v1 model years ( including 06 and 07)? I thought the cradles were different for pre and post 06 and therefore require different bushings. Also, for a V with 650 to 700whp would you recommend the red or blue? I'd love to get all of my bushings replaced (except motor mounts) over the thanksgiving holidays so I need to purchase today.
    They fit all V1 years. We have a 2004 in the shop and we measured a 2006 cradle. They are all the same. As far as we can tell, the only difference is different oem bushings in the 06-07 cradle. I think they say the cradle is different because the oem bushings are not available alone, you have to purchase the whole cradle if you want new oem bushings.

The 80A bushings are a happy medium between the oem bushings and the 95A's. I recommend 80A for a daily driver because they still have some give to them. The 95A bushings are hard. I recommend them for more of a race application. The 95A's don't dampen as much and will let you feel the road. If you don't mind ride harshness then 95A's are a good choice. For cradle bushings, either the 80A or 95A are going to be immensely better than the oem rubber bushings.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Good stuff, Revshift is giving Creative Steel a run! I'm running their motor mounts and tranny mount insert and love them, wish I would have seen the diff bushing before I cursed and sweated trying to get my creative steel one in! Def gonna pick up a set of these cradle bushings, the price is right, just curious to see how difficult to install and remove the OEM bushings are.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    No, we will not. It is not necessary with our diff bushing.

The two rear diff bushings don't wear out nearly as often as the front diff bushing. We are working on the rear bushings, though. We are addressing every bushing on the car.
    Thanks for the response to the earlier questions. Any ETA for trailing arm bushings? I was looking at another manufacturer for the but would prefer to stick with Rev Shift if possible. I wouldn't mind being a beta tester . I've got to get things firmed up ASAP. I still have wheelhop with the Hendrix axels (which BTW they don't claim to fix) and don't want to shatter the differential with upcoming mods (TVS 2300, heads, cam, headers - just waiting on cam and heads at this point). The bushings will definitely get a good "test" with this platform and 275/35 on the rears.

Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    Thanks for the response to the earlier questions. Any ETA for trailing arm bushings? I was looking at another manufacturer for the but would prefer to stick with Rev Shift if possible.
    Our trailing arm bushings will be released within a few days. Sit tight!

nvthev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-v

Damn, you guys are on the ball. The downside is, now i need to save more $ so i can buy the rest of the bushings.

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Do you offer any discounts on full car bushing buys?
    nvthev and nvthev like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FoD View Post
    Do you offer any discounts on full car bushing buys?
    Once we have all the bushings available we will be putting together package deals.
    Mn800r and Mn800r like this.

V for victory is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V, C5 Corvette, 2013 Dodge Durnago R/T

Of course, Package deals, I just purchased the Diff bushing today, I already have the MM's with the silicone heat sleeves, and the transmount. now you have the cradle bushings and soon the Trailing arm bushing too, I should have waited and got a package deal, Ive paid shipping four times already. I know: wah wah wah.Well still worth every penny so far. Keep up the great work RS.

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Just installed the trans mount yesterday...what a difference! More vibes, less Caddy feel...but shifts are smooth, less noise, and I don't have to put the V in a headlock to get it to go into Reverse! Definitely interested in a package deal for MM, Diff and Cradle bushings! Looking forward to it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.