REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The control arm bushings (front and rear) and sway bar bushings are not available yet. They will be available within ...
    Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Re: REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings

The control arm bushings (front and rear) and sway bar bushings are not available yet. They will be available within the next few weeks.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    The control arm bushings (front and rear) and sway bar bushings are not available yet. They will be available within the next few weeks.
    Tax return present to myself after I pay off a few bills. Can't wait

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

My red Revshift 95A differential and rear subframe bushings arrived today. 95A hardness is a little daunting, but it's still nothing compared to Delrin (Rockwell durometer = R120). Also picked up a tube of Prothane Super Grease (P/N 19-1751), which is about as good as it comes.

Since I'm an audiophile and played classical piano for 17 years, my tolerance for unwanted continuous noise is probably the lowest you'll find on this forum. I'm optimistic, however. If I run into any issues, I'll provide impressions and an acoustic deadening solution based on b-Quiet Ultimate or Spectrum Sludge. If I had a ECM-CG50 microphone, I'd provide sound samples, but it's pretty low on my "to-buy" list right now since it doesn't help my car go faster!

Left to right: differential bushing (replacing 87A CS bushing), smaller (rear) rear subframe bushing, larger (front) rear subframe bushing

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

i just got my shipping number !!!! so excited.

V for victory is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V, C5 Corvette, 2013 Dodge Durnago R/T

Left to right: differential bushing (replacing 87A CS bushing), smaller (rear) rear subframe bushing, larger (front) rear subframe bushing[/QUOTE]

Those look red-tastic ! now lets see some pics of you installing them and a nice write up of your thoughts. I'm still waiting on my Diff bushing sleeve to arrive. ( I was one of the first orders and the sleeve they sent was too small for the through bolt).

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by V for victory View Post
    Those look red-tastic ! now lets see some pics of you installing them and a nice write up of your thoughts. I'm still waiting on my Diff bushing sleeve to arrive. ( I was one of the first orders and the sleeve they sent was too small for the through bolt).
    That sleeve should have shown up today. Let us know if it didn't.

So everyone knows what we are talking about, we had accidentally put a different aluminum sleeve in the first couple diff bushings that we sent out. The inner diameter was for an M12 bolt instead of an M14. As soon as we realized what happened we sent out the correct sleeves. Luckily, we caught it before more than a couple were shipped out. It was a close call.

V for victory is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V, C5 Corvette, 2013 Dodge Durnago R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    That sleeve should have shown up today. Let us know if it didn't.

So everyone knows what we are talking about, we had accidentally put a different aluminum sleeve in the first couple diff bushings that we sent out. The inner diameter was for an M12 bolt instead of an M14. As soon as we realized what happened we sent out the correct sleeves. Luckily, we caught it before more than a couple were shipped out. It was a close call.
    Funny you say that, bang on the front door 10 minutes ago, and there it was a box with "RevShift" on the side....LOL one new sleeve ! You guys are awesome, As soon as you guys realized the problem my cell phone rang with your customer service telling me about the error and that you were sending me the correct sleeve. Today it arrived just as promised. Thanks again RS you have a customer for life.

Sweetwilliebrownjr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-V

Wheel hop is nonexistent in dry conditions unless you drop the clutch at 5k, and it's not terrible. In the wet, it's still way better than it used to be. It's better in the wet than it ever was in dry conditions before. When they release the rest of these poly bushings, I'm sure it will kill 99% of the wheel hop. Just figured I'd add to my previous thoughts. It still amazes me how much it changed handling characteristics.

DarkCharisma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwilliebrownjr View Post
    Wheel hop is nonexistent in dry conditions unless you drop the clutch at 5k, and it's not terrible. In the wet, it's still way better than it used to be. It's better in the wet than it ever was in dry conditions before. When they release the rest of these poly bushings, I'm sure it will kill 99% of the wheel hop. Just figured I'd add to my previous thoughts. It still amazes me how much it changed handling characteristics.
    Good to hear ... Might have to snag myself a set of these once the dust settles in my bank account. I don't have any desire to go to an 8.8", this seems to be a step in the right direction....

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwilliebrownjr View Post
    You already have an 8.8, so you're going to have significantly less wheelhop and pinion lash than we will, with or without new bushings. Don't you think you're giving other users unrealistic expectations by saying all of that? Also, is your rear end ratio still 3.73 or did you change that when you ordered the 8.8 kit?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't get ANY wheelhop in wet conditions. It only happens to me occasionally under dry conditions as I run past 3,500 RPM in second or third gear.

I expect that the blue bushings will greatly reduce side-to-side deflection of the rear subframe and about a quarter inch of undesired vertical travel. The red bushings should completely eliminate side-to-side deflection and almost a third inch of undesired vertical travel. Either way, I believe these bushings will prevent the rear end from walking out on you under hard cornering, hard acceleration, or poor roads. The reduced vertical travel may help prevent the onset of wheelhop, but I won't know until I drive on the bushings for a few days.

Sweetwilliebrownjr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-V

Yep, I've got the 8.8 with 3.55 gears, but I had about the same amount wheel hop with the 8.8 as I did with the factory crap (4th gen. Diff with C.S. bushing and driver side g-force axle).It wasn't terrible, but I'm planning on big power in the future, so I did the 8.8. The bushings cut down the wheel hop. Thats comparing apples to apples. Before and after with no change other than the bushings. I also have a ground control kit, hotchskis sway bars, trailing arm bushings, and a set of golf clubs in the trunk, all of which were there before and after the bushings. Mine wheel hopped severely in wet conditions.
    HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

ETA on ALL bushings you plan on producing? I have your motor mounts and trans insert already, will buy every other bushing you produce as soon as you release them!

Scott2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V & 2010 AWD CTS

That's great some of you received your order! I ordered all the bushings, motor mounts and trans insert on Black Friday and still haven't received a tracking number. I'm getting a little impatient because I keep hearing the positive feedback about these parts. If all orders were going to be finished last weekend, I'm disappointed I haven't received my order yet.

On the bright side, once it arrives, I'm sure the reward will outweigh this long wait!

Mn800r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

^^^^same here your not alone^^^ but reading fuzzy's buzz I'm thinking calling in a switch from blue to red on the cradle...

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Install, install my little guinea pigs. Muahahahajahaha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.