REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings - Page 18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Motown Cad Okay dumb question time. I'm good for those . Does directions come with the revshift ...
    DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Re: REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Cad View Post
    Okay dumb question time. I'm good for those. Does directions come with the revshift bushings? Because I'm trying to figure out and picture how you guys are doing this. Is the the whole rear cradle dropped from back of car or is being lowered a bit and supported and bushings being removed and replaced in a small place. Thanks.
    You really need to drop the cradle. The OE bushings are a PITA to get out. I used a recip saw with a coarse pruning blade to cut the rubber. Once the center was cut out, I used a metal blade to cut the outer shell of the bushing and it will drop out. DO NOT use the metal blade on the rubber...it won't do anything. You need as course as you can get.

There is no easy way to do this, but it's one hell of a reward once finally done.

runsfromdacops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V built 383. 875/860RW pump/met

drop the cradlle, it will make it much easyr. i used a torch to heat the metal sleeve in the center until i could just push it out. then i used a sawzall to cut a slit in the outer sleave and folded it in on its self with a screw driver and puhsed it out

incubusjunkie614 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

drop the cradle, its easy! disconnect the parking brake under the drivers door. remove the the 10mm nut and the
    10mm bolt securing the e-brake line. remove the drive shaft, be sure to mark it. remove lower shock mount bolt. get a piece of wood and a jack under the diff/ subframe. disconnect the 2 brake lines one the right rear. get a helping hand or two, loosen/ remove 4 subframe bolts; 21mm and 24mm. lower jack. enjoy ease of bushing removal.

Motown Cad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Silver V Sport Susp.

Well thanks for clearing that up for me, I'm a little less dumb today now thanks. It's seems it's a fairly straight forward simple job but is a BIG JOB and the bushings can be a PITA. I like incubus' response "it's easy" Lol. Hopefully it could be done in 8 hours.

the cradle was the easy part! the bushings are a PITA and boy mine do not wanna leave!

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Quote Originally Posted by Mn800r View Post
    Waiting for all this shit ass snow to melt so I can get it over on my buddy's hoist, will let u know.
    You doing motor mounts as well? Let me know how that goes as far as which headers need to be removed (assuming you have headers). Thanks! I've heard some conflicting answers on that. It's on my to-do list this summer.

motor mounts are a piece of cake with the headers off, even on the garage floor!

{turn rant on} The more I dive into replacing everything it is becoming painfully obvious that replacing rear toe rods
    and all the rear bushings is no longer an upgrade, but a maintenance job. I have found most of there bushings to be
    torn/ripped or completely deflated and I found my toe rods to be bent, yes bet, way to go gm. {rant off} Now IM just excited to have a 2 ton go kart.
    Mn800r and Mn800r like this.

Mn800r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    You doing motor mounts as well? Let me know how that goes as far as which headers need to be removed (assuming you have headers). Thanks! I've heard some conflicting answers on that. It's on my to-do list this summer.
    Purchased all they offered in November...are these headers?

those are indeed headers...yes
    carlson_mn and carlson_mn like this.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

These look like the same quality as the MM's which I have, so I'll be getting these.

I have the BMR ones now and they didn't add to the normal noise, but when it's cold out they squeak all little bit.

At least I don't have to remove my OEM cradle bushing turds again. Woooo!

danrob0123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 RAVEN CTS-V
    Revshift, will the front upper and lower control arm bushings be available soon? I've tried contacting you via your website and no reply.

fair warning! my cradle bushings were an absolute pain in the ass!!!! And that was with the subframe completely off
    the car. I dont know if it was the little bit of rust, the fact that gm/ jesus never meant for these to come out or what,
    but fair warning, expect a fight people. If you go in expecting a helluva fight and they fail out, be happy! All ranting
    it was nothing a big ass sawzall and a couple of air hammers couldn't handle. I would certainly recommend removing
    the center and then slitting the side, and folding it in, that seemed to be the best.

Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by incubusjunkie614 View Post
    motor mounts are a piece of cake with the headers off, even on the garage floor!

{turn rant on} The more I dive into replacing everything it is becoming painfully obvious that replacing rear toe rods
    and all the rear bushings is no longer an upgrade, but a maintenance job. I have found most of there bushings to be
    torn/ripped or completely deflated and I found my toe rods to be bent, yes bet, way to go gm. {rant off} Now IM just excited to have a 2 ton go kart.
    How many miles did the car have when you replaced these bushings?

car has 65xxx miles, and has never been driven in winter.

Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by incubusjunkie614 View Post
    car has 65xxx miles, and has never been driven in winter.
    Well then I am f'd

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.