REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; sssnake are you just pulling bolts on each side and dropping one side at a time? Gonna reseal the 8.8 ...
    izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

Re: REVSHIFT Rear Cradle Busings

sssnake are you just pulling bolts on each side and dropping one side at a time?

Gonna reseal the 8.8 (darn cover leak is annoying me) and I think I will just wait it out so when I throw it on the lift for that I will change all the bushings I can get my hands on in the back.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfod View Post
    Waiting for a package deal for bushings. Want to get everything at once.
    WERD!

I can add that to the pile of stuff I have sitting in my office waiting to go on the car (front/rear disks, valve springs, brake pads, motor/tranny mounts, radiator.)

Having too much fun rollin in the Vagon. Need to show the V1 some love.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Clutch Mustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now) <-- SOLD

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

^^ Damn a double V man, jealous...

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by izcain View Post
    sssnake are you just pulling bolts on each side and dropping one side at a time?.
    Nope. All four cradle bolts removed but I only had time to get one bushing done before putting the car back together.

Motown Cad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Silver V Sport Susp.

Is there a symptom of bad cradle bushings? Is it a feeling that your chassis is sliding or wiggling on a sharp turn?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Cad View Post
    Is there a symptom of bad cradle bushings? Is it a feeling that your chassis is sliding or wiggling on a sharp turn?
    The only symptom is wheel hop under hard acceleration, and that symptom is present when the car rolls off the assembly line. I don't recall any report of "worn out" cradle bushings on this forum regardless of mileage.

It is typical in setting up a street car for competition to replace every soft bushing with a stiffer bushing.

Nice one! You made me laugh out loud. It seems like an awful lot of work. I will order a whole kit when they release everything, but I think I'll pass on the cradle bushings for now.

I wish they would release more bushings while I have my rear end all disassembled! Been checking their website on the regular...

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v View Post
    I wish they would release more bushings while I have my rear end all disassembled! Been checking their website on the regular...
    Only the lower shock bushings and the two rear diff bushings are left for us to make. The shock bushings will be available soon. The rear diff bushings are tricky but we are working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    Only the lower shock bushings and the two rear diff bushings are left for us to make. The shock bushings will be available soon. The rear diff bushings are tricky but we are working on it.
    Good news, thanks for the update!

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Aren't there a whole pile of front suspension bushings to make?
    jclayc and jclayc like this.

Uh yeah.......I'm hoping for front upper and lower control arm bushings any strut bushings, front sway, toe link etc. Plus everything in the back! I emailed you guys yesterday and told you there is like 3-5000 V1' s and I will buy a whole cars worth of bushings. I'm sure a whole lot more will too! I bought my car with 102K on it and now put 20K on it in one year and want to know that I can buy your stuff and know what my car was like in 07 and even better with your product. I will own this for life as it was an engineering marvel for Cadillac and an American car for the ages. The V2 built off of that. I very well might buy one of them too for that reason. This car is beyond "Halo". If you build it and commit, I will buy it!

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Aren't there a whole pile of front suspension bushings to make?
    I was referring to the rear end only. We are coming out with all of the front end bushings as well. Very soon, in fact.

We aren't unsure about making these parts. They are definitely on the way. Its just a matter of keeping up with all the current orders and building stock so that we don't fall behind again like we did these past couple months.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

I was referring to the rear end only. We are coming out with all of the front end bushings as well. Very soon, in fact.

We aren't unsure about making these parts. They are definitely on the way. Its just a matter of keeping up with all the current orders and building stock so that we don't fall behind again like we did these past couple months.
    Awesome. Thanks for confirming.

I know it's kind of an "out there" idea, but I'd love a set of poly door, hood, and trunk seals, if such a thing could be made.

izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

This is great news! I am going to start replacing all of them one by one!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.