Easier shifting mod
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Easier shifting mod in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...hifts-try.html Just found this. I'll prolly give it a shot tomorrow at work. It's makes sense, as it just takes ...
    Sweetwilliebrownjr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-V

Easier shifting mod

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...hifts-try.html

Just found this. I'll prolly give it a shot tomorrow at work. It's makes sense, as it just takes some of the preload off. Figured I'd post it for anyone who might want to try it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mdleal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: Easier shifting mod

Let us know how hard the bolt is to get. Also snap some pics. If you can.

I tried 2, then 1, then took it out. It put about 2 inches of slack in the shifter in neutral, but was tight in gear, but it made shifting a lot smoother. I just couldn't handle the slack. I have a built trans, so this could've been modified before, which would explain why it introduced so much slack. it was worth a shot.

I used a 3/8 impact wobble extension, a 3/8 ratchet and a 15/16 socket. I tied up about thirty minutes between putting 2 in, then changing to 1, and then back with none. I'd def say try it as it only takes a few minutes and a few dollars. I'm pretty sure my trans has a different setup from stock, which is why it didn't work.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I may give this a shot im not sure which bolt it is though is there any easy way to figure out which bolt it is?

It's a 15/16 bolt near the top on the passenger side. It's right below the front shifter location, and it's pretty much the only bolt on that side. Just look up "anti venom" mod on google. Plenty of threads about it on numerous forums.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

yea i found a pick on another forum... thx guys

Faber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None :(

Just did this mod today - have the pissnuoff short shifter & it was a bit tougher than I'd like to get in/out of gear - this solved the issue. Much easier shifts now. I do notice that its easier to move the shifter side to side in nuetral as the op noted, but is an acceptable and relatively non-issue for me. Use 2 M-20 crush washers. Took less than an hour including jacking & test drive.

9t8z28 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwilliebrownjr View Post
    I tried 2, then 1, then took it out. It put about 2 inches of slack in the shifter in neutral, but was tight in gear, but it made shifting a lot smoother. I just couldn't handle the slack. I have a built trans, so this could've been modified before, which would explain why it introduced so much slack. it was worth a shot.

I used a 3/8 impact wobble extension, a 3/8 ratchet and a 15/16 socket. I tied up about thirty minutes between putting 2 in, then changing to 1, and then back with none. I'd def say try it as it only takes a few minutes and a few dollars. I'm pretty sure my trans has a different setup from stock, which is why it didn't work.
    Same here, I didn't like this mod with my built tranny either. Way to sloppy.

----------

Here is a picture of what you what to modify. On the right you will see where the detent applies pressure to the selector (or whatever it is called).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.