Aluminum Radiator SEMA Sale - ALRADCO
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Aluminum Radiator SEMA Sale - ALRADCO in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; To celebrate the 2012 SEMA show, ALRADCO is having a sale this week on the 2004-2007 CTS-V radiator. Sale starts ...
    alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Aluminum Radiator SEMA Sale - ALRADCO

To celebrate the 2012 SEMA show, ALRADCO is having a sale this week on the 2004-2007 CTS-V radiator. Sale starts now and ends Sunday November 4th. Go to www.alradco.com to place your order. At check out, enter coupon code " ctsv " for an instant $50 OFF.

We don't have sales very often but SEMA is a good reason to do it. I'll be at SEMA as always starting tomorrow and will be posting pictures and videos on our facebook/twitter page (alradco on both). Like or follow us for the updates.

We're a small company so help spread the word on other forums.
    Any questions, just ask. Thank you.

Peter

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

Re: Aluminum Radiator SEMA Sale - ALRADCO

Cool, my radiator has a very slow leak and I can smell coolant at lights. I'll probably have to pick one up.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Have you considered updating your design to accommodate some of the various fitment issues (pinched hoses, aftermarket intake tube interferences) people have been brought up over the last year or so?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Have you considered updating your design to accommodate some of the various fitment issues (pinched hoses, aftermarket intake tube interferences) people have been brought up over the last year or so?
    The only intake problem I know of is the Volant with the Maggie if I recall correctly. Never heard anything about a pinched hose.

Quote Originally Posted by alradco View Post
    The only intake problem I know of is the Volant with the Maggie if I recall correctly. Never heard anything about a pinched hose.
    You must've missed some of the other threads on LS1Tech. It sounds like there's an interference with the driver's side fan mount. As you said, the Volant tube is a no-go, as is every custom, round 3.5-4.0" tube. For more flavor, here's the stock Maggie tube, which was deeply dimpled to permit installation:

And a picture of the electrical conduit interference with that welded block that everyone (I believe) have asked to be removed from the design. I believe OneFastV over on the LS1Tech forum ground it off, which sounds like a whole lot of fun.

HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.

That little block has been eliminated and is no longer there.
    The maggie guys I talked to were very happy to have an aluminum radiator that fit. The Volant doesn't fit and I haven't heard about other custom 3.5-4" intakes. We take feedback and try to improve our products. I love to hear feedback and talk to a lot of people. Thank you for yours.

The maggie guys I talked to were very happy to have an aluminum radiator that fit. The Volant doesn't fit and I haven't heard about other custom 3.5-4" intakes. We take feedback and try to improve our products. I love to hear feedback and talk to a lot of people. Thank you for yours.
    By the way, did you ever get feedback indicating the likely temperature delta between your design and the stock radiator? I was hoping that someone would post it up, but unless I missed something, that never came to pass. I know it's a little hard to nail down, given the number of variables involved, but someone in Texas or Arizona or Florida must have a good story to share.

By the way, did you ever get feedback indicating the likely temperature delta between your design and the stock radiator? I was hoping that someone would post it up, but unless I missed something, that never came to pass. I know it's a little hard to nail down, given the number of variables involved, but someone in Texas or Arizona or Florida must have a good story to share.
    You're absolutely correct, there's a lot of variables such as climate, driving style, performance level. Some guys don't change the thermostat or reporgram the fans to come on at different times. Some have called me to tell me temps went down by 10 degrees others have said 20 degrees lower.

A lot of the guys I've talked to are looking for a better alternative than stock. Some have replaced their stock radiator 2 or more times. One customer went through 3 factory radiators that leaked, one within a month or two of replacement. A lot of people are just looking to have their V be reliable and not leaking coolant. And we solve that problem. We're not the only option out there, there's others that sell replacement radiators too. I think we've done a great job of it and will continue to. The CTSV radiator is a very low volume product but we maintain a great price on it. And if it needs to change over time to improve it will, but other than the aluminum block, I've been told nothing but great things from the people that bought them.

By the way, that picture you posted of the maggie intake to show the dimple. The intake did need the dimple on the maggie intake but as far as radiator install he said " Very straight forward install and the maggie heat exchanger does not hinder anything." and he also said " Cant speak for anybody else but even with the stock rad. my maggie tube hit that fan mount. I am going to get rid of the stock airbox and see what happens." So I think install went ok for him.

DarkCharisma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Damn, ordered mine a week too soon. Mine still had the block at the bottom of it, when did you start making those without?

Edit: I should mention that your rad is a quality piece that was easy to put in place of the stocker, and doesn't have the factory "leak all over everything" option.

We have 1 or 2 left with the block but just completed a run with the revision. Wasn't planning on doing this sale, it was a spur of the moment idea today from the excitement of SEMA. Thank you for your business.

You're absolutely correct, there's a lot of variables such as climate, driving style, performance level. Some guys don't change the thermostat or reporgram the fans to come on at different times. Some have called me to tell me temps went down by 10 degrees others have said 20 degrees lower.

A lot of the guys I've talked to are looking for a better alternative than stock. Some have replaced their stock radiator 2 or more times. One customer went through 3 factory radiators that leaked, one within a month or two of replacement. A lot of people are just looking to have their V be reliable and not leaking coolant. And we solve that problem. We're not the only option out there, there's others that sell replacement radiators too. I think we've done a great job of it and will continue to. The CTSV radiator is a very low volume product but we maintain a great price on it. And if it needs to change over time to improve it will, but other than the aluminum block, I've been told nothing but great things from the people that bought them.
    I concur that it's a no-brainer to replace your leaking radiator with an Alradco, but if all I was out for was cooler temperatures, I'd probably start by upgrading the fans since you're not adding an additional 16 lbs weight. The stock dual-fan fan assembly puts out 1650 CFM per fan, whereas your basic Zirgo ZFB16S ($120) puts out 3000 CFM per fan. And you can buy even better fans if need be. Ever consider offering a fan+radiator package?

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Correction, I was able to make the volant fit! Just had to modify one of the holes in the box so i could rotate the mounting position so the MAF turned further from the radiator

I concur that it's a no-brainer to replace your leaking radiator with an Alradco, but if all I was out for was cooler temperatures, I'd probably start by upgrading the fans since you're not adding an additional 16 lbs weight. The stock dual-fan fan assembly puts out 1650 CFM per fan, whereas your basic Zirgo ZFB16S ($120) puts out 3000 CFM per fan. And you can buy even better fans if need be. Ever consider offering a fan+radiator package?
    If I was after ultimate cooling, I wouldn't start with a plastic radiator that's notorious for leaking. Correct me if I'm wrong but the fans don't run after a certain driving speed like 35mph, right? It's funny that you mention dual fans though. It is something that we're getting into and I was planning on seeing what we can do for the CTS-V.
    We're about to finish up this for the Buick Grand National. Aluminum shroud, black powder coated, with Spal fans. The shroud in the pic is not completed, just a progress pic. It's on our aluminum radiator with a built in oil cooler and transmission cooler. Also getting into intercoolers, pic attached as well.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    Correction, I was able to make the volant fit! Just had to modify one of the holes in the box so i could rotate the mounting position so the MAF turned further from the radiator
    That's fantastic! Thanks.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Correct me if I'm wrong but the fans don't run after a certain driving speed like 35mph, right? .
    I believe that's true of the LS6. I know the LS2 fan settings can not be adjusted by coolant temp.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.